Rude, loudmouth college student gets arrested in class.

watching the video again, the cops were good hard working men.

they should have put her in the camel clutch in front of the whole class and then suplexed her through a table.

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

I respectfully disagree with you Mez, her saying she would have to be carried out didn't warrant the police aggression. They didn't even try to take her peacefully. I could see if they did, and then she physically tried to resist arrest -- yes, that would have warranted the aggressiveness, but within seconds of her saying what she did, they immediately began to rough her up as if that's what their intentions were from the beginning. And to Rolli, I see her pushing his hand away, if that's the "pushing" you're referring to. It wasn't a push of such caliber that she made his feet move off their pivot. Neither did that warrant the aggressiveness.

cmon dude, you know if you push away an officer with ANY amount of force you're going down.
QFT

if you make any sort of aggressive move towards an officer they can pretty much do anything they want to that person

Originally Posted by HigherGround

I am on her side, she asked a good question and didn't get the right response. And the girl behind as she pointed out, was sucking her teeth in an attempt to invalid her question and make her appear stupid . The girl sitting behind in this case is at fault for aggravating the situation.

at the guy on the side telling her to be quiet and let the professor talk, well maybe he lacks balls, but the girl surely didn't. Yeah she was using vulgar word and being overly dramatic but she was being ganged up on.

the cops aren't really at full, just a bit excessive. She should have played along and explained herself instead of being confrontational.
So...are you on her side or not?  She was obviously confrontational, doesn't that go against your thought that "she should have played along."?

I think some of you just don't understand authority and respect.  IF she threw a water bottle at someone, regardless of the situation (her being in class) or words that were spoken to her, it's a problem.  She ADMITS to threatening someone as well.  The professor asks her to leave, she should leave.  It is not her (the student's) class, despite the fact that she pays for it and she needs to respect the professor's rules and wishes.

The other student who spoke up just seemed to understand that she was wrong and out of line, that she needed to leave.  I don't see how that means he doesn't have balls, he probably was just tired of having to listen to her and knew enough was enough.

1. Clearly I stated I was on her side. I stated she should have played along ONLY when it came to the cops because they could have played as the mediator.

2. The confrontation with the professor was warranted because the answer she was given was very arrogant as the professor didn't even want to explain him/herself. Not to mention the ganging up, it would make any sane person want to do something off the wall as what happened in her case.

3. The side guy is weak and should have kept quit as he is telling her to accept what is being done to her. What a pansy. Maybe HE SHOULD HAVE LEFT

4. The blame falls on the third party AKA the girl seating at the back, she was the aggressor.

5. No matter how ugly the situation got, atleast she had the balls to stand up for herself and that is admirable.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

1. Clearly I stated I was on her side. I stated she should have played along ONLY when it came to the cops because they could have played as the mediator.

2. The confrontation with the professor was warranted because the answer she was given was very arrogant as the professor didn't even want to explain him/herself. Not to mention the ganging up, it would make any sane person want to do something off the wall as what happened in her case.

3. The side guy is weak and should have kept quit as he is telling her to accept what is being done to her. What a pansy. Maybe HE SHOULD HAVE LEFT

4. The blame falls on the third party AKA the girl seating at the back, she was the aggressor.

5. No matter how ugly the situation got, atleast she had the balls to stand up for herself and that is admirable.

you get a
indifferent.gif
for sticking up for that big whale.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

I respectfully disagree with you Mez, her saying she would have to be carried out didn't warrant the police aggression. They didn't even try to take her peacefully. I could see if they did, and then she physically tried to resist arrest -- yes, that would have warranted the aggressiveness, but within seconds of her saying what she did, they immediately began to rough her up as if that's what their intentions were from the beginning. And to Rolli, I see her pushing his hand away, if that's the "pushing" you're referring to. It wasn't a push of such caliber that she made his feet move off their pivot. Neither did that warrant the aggressiveness.
I'm with Mez on this one.  When she told the cops that she's not going anywhere and that they would have to carry her out of there...she's resisting arrest.  It doesn't have to be in a physical sense. 

How is the guy who told her to be quiet a pansy? Let's consider how this would have gone down if she just kept quiet and left when asked. Now, let's consider what happened when she wouldn't shut up. Clearly, she should have piped down, took her L, left, and contacted the professor privately.

sad to see.

i feel bad for her, she should have just swallowed her pride and left the classroom after the teacher requested it.

She's fat, that right there is a threat already. Coulda bodied 2 officers easily. If i was one of them i'd taser the hippo first before the a possible stampede begins
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

sad to see.

i feel bad for her, she should have just swallowed her pride and left the classroom after the teacher requested it.

but she didn't,  she wanted to prove how big, bold, and bad she was.

bet she won't pull a stunt like that in public again though.

like i said earlier, lack of home training is the cause of this.  she thought acting like an uncivilized human being in public is normal behavior.  she learned the hard way that you don't act like that in public.

Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

sad to see.

but she didn't,  she wanted to prove how big, bold, and bad she was.

bet she won't pull a stunt like that in public again though.

like i said earlier, lack of home training is the cause of this.  she thought acting like an uncivilized human being in public is normal behavior.  she learned the hard way that you don't act like that in public.

QFT

Originally Posted by J23Diego

He deserved it.
laugh.gif

Behavior like that does not belong at a university.  As for all the people who think this happened cause she's black, I'm white and i've been arrested for disorderly conduct after doing MUCH less.

Telling cops that you will be doing something to avoid arrest is not the smartest thing to do, and I believe that it is enough cause for them to react in the manner that they did. Factoring in the nature of their job, statements like that should not be taken lightly. An individual who is confident enough to say something like that, is bound to heighten a cop's sense of awareness. The cop may feel that person is going to attempt to run away, has a weapon, could possibly put another person in danger, or will do something else that's harmful to avoid arrest. The student indicated that she had no intention of leaving peacefully.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Telling cops that you will be doing something to avoid arrest is not the smartest thing to do, and I believe that it is enough cause for them to react in the manner that they did. Factoring in the nature of their job, statements like that should not be taken lightly. An individual who is confident enough to say something like that, is bound to heighten a cop's sense of awareness. The cop may feel that person is going to attempt to run away, has a weapon, could possibly put another person in danger, or will do something else that's harmful to avoid arrest. The student indicated that she had no intention of leaving peacefully.

that hippo wasn't running anywhere.

hopefully the right actions are taken though.

the school owes an apology to the professor and the students in that class who had to deal with that tramatizing event that was caused by the hippos lack of proper etiquette and home training.

you go to university to learn, not to deal with that childish public school high school crap.

Someone that immature shouldn't be in college. The response was a little O.D. She WAS resisting arrest but taking the whole situation into context she could have been talked out of there. None of that excuses how she acted though. I can't even imagine being in college and seeing this go down.

She definitely reminded me of a high school student. She's actually 24 years old.
[h1][/h1]
[h1]YouTube Video Draws Attention to Classroom Arrest at U. of Wisconsin-Milwaukee[/h1]
Aclassroom distruption that ended in the arrest of an anthropologystudent at the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee last week isreceiving widespread attention because of a video of the altercation that was posted on YouTube by another student in the class. The student who was arrested, identified by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel as24-year-old Robyn Foster, argued with her professor about anexamination question and threw a water bottle at another student whointervened, reported The Huffington Post. Three police officers were called to the scene, wrestled the student to the floor, and arrested her.

http://chronicle.com/blog...rce=at&utm_medium=en

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

Originally Posted by eaalto

No racist, but how did I know she was going to be black when I clicked on the thread?
cool and the women who shot up that campus was white....
basically whats your point?
That white people shoot up campuses, and black people act up and cause a scene in class?  They say revenge is a dish best served cold.  This chick obviously never heard that.

eek.gif

This is a crazy situation...

The arresting was OD, but the police should have talked her into calming down....

she shoulda just shut the hell up...you can't beat the police and at that age she should know that.

She admits she threatened one of her classmates.  Isn't that enough towarrant an arrest?  If she did throw a water bottle at someone as well,that's also cause for arrest, no?  The girl TELLS the cops that they'regonna have to carry her *@@ out of there.  She got her wish.  She alsotells the cop to get the !$%# out of her face and it definitely lookslike she pushes him away when he approaches her.

Back
Top Bottom