Rumor: Air Jordan V (5) Retro – Grape/Laney Pack – July 2011 via Sneakernews.com

Originally Posted by ijapino

watch 'em add a #23 to the side of the grapes and remove it from the laney's just to mess with us.

it's been like 4 years since the grape release....is JB turning to Nike Sportswear for advice on releasing retros??

It's kind of a random selection if you ask me.

I think they'd be better off including two OG colorways rather than one non-traditional OG colorway and one retro+ color that didn't sell well the first time around. I remember back in 2000 when the Laneys first dropped, stores couldn't give those away. Most places wound up slashing the prices close to $59.99, including Eastbay. It's funny how time changes people's opinions though. Many consider the Laney's grail status now. LOL.
Amazing how hype changes everything. I was in 7th grade when these originally dropped and you're right, stores couldn't give them away. They sat on display yellowing for months and in some stores over a year. I wasn't a fan of them back then and hype won't make me a fan now.

I think they'd be better off including two OG colorways rather than one non-traditional OG colorway and one retro+ color that didn't sell well the first time around. I remember back in 2000 when the Laneys first dropped, stores couldn't give those away. Most places wound up slashing the prices close to $59.99, including Eastbay. It's funny how time changes people's opinions though. Many consider the Laney's grail status now. LOL.
Amazing how hype changes everything. I was in 7th grade when these originally dropped and you're right, stores couldn't give them away. They sat on display yellowing for months and in some stores over a year. I wasn't a fan of them back then and hype won't make me a fan now.

watch 'em add a #23 to the side of the grapes and remove it from the laney's just to mess with us.
if that happens i will be
mad.gif

Wouldnt' be surprised, they added the 23 to the fusion grape v's, and with they way they have release retro 9's after the fusion colorways I can see JB laughing straight to the bank on this one.
eyes.gif

Wouldnt' be surprised, they added the 23 to the fusion grape v's, and with they way they have release retro 9's after the fusion colorways I can see JB laughing straight to the bank on this one.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

Enough with the packs i dont wanna drop 300+. just dont have that kind of money to drop every damn time.

agreed/ to badd ill end up scooping them come release date smh
roll.gif

Enough with the packs i dont wanna drop 300+. just dont have that kind of money to drop every damn time.

roll.gif

roll.gif

you can make da exact same argument for da grapes...places had those while da og VII's were out....

roll.gif

you can make da exact same argument for da grapes...places had those while da og VII's were out....

Would be nice if they drop some other 5's before hand like the 6's.

Will cop if this is true.

Would be nice if they drop some other 5's before hand like the 6's.

Will cop if this is true.

Back
Top Bottom