RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Ran the date and time this morning.

Any suggestions on improving the duration of a run? Sometimes I get really winded, but for the most part it's my legs that feel like they can't go any longer. I usually only jog for around 10-15 minutes now, but I have sped up a little. Any suggestions would be good.

When I started, I was having real trouble getting past two miles.  I started to just pick a route based on distance - so I'd find a route that was 3 miles, no matter if I ran it or walked it.  So I was covering that distance anyway, so it became a matter of, might as well run it until I could run the whole thing.  Then, added another street/turn to make it 3.5.  And so on.  Eventually, you find your sweet spot of pace, breathing, and endurance.

Any suggestions on improving the duration of a run? Sometimes I get really winded, but for the most part it's my legs that feel like they can't go any longer. I usually only jog for around 10-15 minutes now, but I have sped up a little. Any suggestions would be good.

Run some type of large lake or something. Once you get half way there's no turning back :lol: run or walk it's exercise. You build from there.

This is why I'm huge against treadmills or tracks. Once you're "done" you can just stop. You pick an area where you have no choice and you'll find yourself doing much more

How long have you been running? In that 10-15 minute time span how many miles can you run? Improving duration of your runs will take time. Slowly up up your mileage every so often as you'll find it easier as time pass. Stretching and massaging muscle fibers before and after running can help prolong your running intervals. Proper breathing is also important. Breathe from your belly and not from your chest. Make sure you're not slumped over when you're running. Make sure your body is upright with your head looking forward. This way you're getting the correct amount of oxygen your lungs and muscles need to perform.

Sign up for a 10k or half race... Look up a training schedule for your race. You tube basic running techniques and breathing. Wear the right shoe.

That shirt is nice. Definitely buying it
Skipped a week of training. Back this week, ran all 3 days and Monday definitely felt rough coming back :lol:. Today was better for sure

My right knee just doesn't feel 100% anymore :smh:. Last week it felt way rougher for sure, I feel like it's improving but it's not the same. Hopefully trying a compression sleeve helps. 14miles this week and not feeling pain afterwards has me feeling a little better though

I just realized that I'm over 500mi (512.7) for the year... I need to average ~81mi per month for remainder of the year to hit ONE stacK.

anyone have the nike fuel band was looking to pick up one soon just looking for some insight is it any good

Last edited:
I've had mine since it originally dropped

that said nike isn't going to be making any updates or improvements on it. I wouldn't spend no more than $30 on one now

Fuel band is cool for checking time. I liked it for that :lol:

You're better off just looking at the iPhone health app, if you have the iPhone

Hope everyone having a good week. Haven't been running because I've been doing yoga, but for some reason my knee is acting up.

Hope everyone having a good week. Haven't been running because I've been doing yoga, but for some reason my knee is acting up.

Hit 42.2mi today, which is more than all of my last month's mileage. I definitely have a shot at 100 if I keep it up...

I'm sorry about your knee, man... Do you wear some sort of a support device on it?

control your breathe, slow down your pace, try to relax your mind and stop thinking about the finish line. and then you will be able running further than before you did. if u want add some speed you gotta do interval run practice (sprint for 500M - jogging slow pace for 500M- and so on)

Back
Top Bottom