RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

The Odyssey combines the Vomero cushioning with the stability of the Structure.  I'll try them eventually.

In memory of 9/11, I ran the date.

Last edited:
mid month update

how's everyone doing so far? :nerd:

I'm currently at 68.5 miles, unless something happens this month will be the first time that I log over 100 miles in one month

Left knee is acting up :smh:, it's always been my right that's had issues this whole year to...
Haven't ran since Friday. Marathon in 3 weeks, should be interesting now.. :frown:

63 for me.  Went with speed (well, speed for me) today over distance because of the heat.  But I should also hit 100 for the month.  Two half marathons in October to gear up for.

for those of you that runs long distance, how do you keep hydrated during the run ? :nerd:

carry a water bottle or something

Hi all, I don't think I've posted here yet, but I've been tagging ntrunning on IG - my username is tmcclesk.  I've definitely been motivated to run more with this group, so I must first say THANK YOU!

I've been working toward that crazy VOLT level, and I'm hoping to get there possibly by the end of next year.  Do we have anyone else here getting close?

Hi guys I decided to ask the pros here

Me and my girl are expecting our second child, and earlier this year (before we found out she was pregnant) she decided to run the Nike women's half marathon in SF. A couple of weeks back her doctor advised her not to run it just because she will be in her first trimester and that would be high risk.

So here I am, I get thrown into the mix, I will be running it for her. None of my cousins know about her being pregnant, also I'm just going to secretly jump into the starting line and we will surprise everyone. (FML Though Ferreal).

The marathon is October 18. Since the birth of my first son I let myself go and I'm in no shape at all to run long distances at all.

My questions

1. How can I better prepare myself? ( I started to 1 mile runs since last week)

2. Any recommendations on any gear?

3. Breathing patterns/exercises & conditioning

4. Any routines I should try out?

5. Prayers?

any help will be appreciated. Thanks again.

Not going to sugarcoat it - three weeks isn't nearly enough time to get yourself ready to run a half marathon even for a light runner, much less a beginner.

I very much respect what you're doing for her, though.  I wish you the best of luck.  To help:

1. Despite what you may think, you need to alternate long and short distances.  I wouldn't set a goal of finishing without stopping to walk, but you can probably get a decent amount of it run.  I would try and run 4 this weekend, 6 the following weekend, and 8 over Columbus Day weekend.  In between, shoot for 3-4 miles 3 times a week.  Build as much endurance as you can, and enjoy the race without hurting yourself.

2.  Good supportive shoes (don't add to the stress you're about to put on your body with Free Runs).  Compression socks may help as well.

3.  Stretching and body-weight squats will help keep legs limber.

Know you have #NTRunning behind you.  Good luck, and, most importantly, congrats on the baby!

@kc037 tell me more about compression socks
Compression socks are basically spandex socks that go up to your knee.  They help control muscle fatigue and lactic acid buildup.  If the weather is cool enough, you could also go with full length compression pants instead.

Any other NT'ers running Rock N Roll San Jose this weekend ?

I'll be there doing the 5K on Sat and half on Sunday.

I'll be getting 5 medals total. 1 for the 5k, 1for the half, the remix medal, the Cali combo medal since I already ran RnR San Diego & RnR San Francisco earlier this year.The 5th medal is the roadie heavy medal since this will be the 5th RnR race I've done so far this year.

Last edited:
Any other NT'ers running Rock N Roll San Jose this weekend ?

I'll be there doing the 5K on Sat and half on Sunday.

I'll be getting 5 medals total. 1 for the 5k, 1for the half, the remix medal, the Cali combo medal since I already ran RnR San Diego & RnR San Francisco earlier this year.The 5th medal is the roadie heavy medal since this will be the 5th RnR race I've done so far this year.

What is that? Is it a part of Music For Heroes on Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom