RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Haven't posted any runs in a while...

I've got ~16mi to go for the Platinum trophy...

I'm sure you're multi-platinum [emoji]127939[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]127939[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]127939[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Played hockey for the first time in 2 years and i think my heart may of stopped
laugh.gif
 Definitely want to start running to get the cardio up, i work out with weight about 4-5 times a week, how do i not lose all my size
nerd.gif

Haven't posted any runs in a while...

I've got ~16mi to go for the Platinum trophy...
I'm just under 13...luckily I have a half marathon tomorrow to get there, haha.

I was wondering how everyone was doing - little quiet in here lately.

Yah the Avengers Half Marathon only has the 10k and kids race sold out, which is good.

Also, Disney has a Virtual Running Shorts: http://www.rundisney.com/virtual-running-shorts/

It's all base on the honor system so it's pretty much just buying your own medal
laugh.gif

Virtual Running Shorts Frequently Asked Questions
I just signed up for this just for the hell of it.

I have done one before you had to post your run from the garmin connect or whatever else you used to show proof you ran the race to get a medal. It was cool I did it mainly for the cause.

Last edited:
On course to hit 1,000 miles by this month's end [emoji]128551[/emoji] Then my #1 goal this year of getting to Volt level should happen in mid August, just after hitting 2016 km [emoji]127939[/emoji] And if all goes well after that, I might hit 10,000 Nikeplus miles AND 2016 miles for 2016 in December! I should probably sign up for a race sometime in there...

Yah the Avengers Half Marathon only has the 10k and kids race sold out, which is good.

Also, Disney has a Virtual Running Shorts: http://www.rundisney.com/virtual-running-shorts/

It's all base on the honor system so it's pretty much just buying your own medal :lol:

Virtual Running Shorts Frequently Asked Questions
I just signed up for this just for the hell of it.

I have done one before you had to post your run from the garmin connect or whatever else you used to show proof you ran the race to get a medal. It was cool I did it mainly for the cause.

Double check though because I think the initial backlash on this was that Disney wouldn't disclose which charity the money is donated to.

Ok It's time for new running shoes, I'm using the fliknit lunar 1, need to switch out, I run about 4-5 miles daily. Any recommendations???

nike zoom streak lt

i got these for 30 bucks.

they're pretty good i got about 60 miles in .

cheap on eBay too,

over 10 miles tho id get sumthin else

Ok It's time for new running shoes, I'm using the fliknit lunar 1, need to switch out, I run about 4-5 miles daily. Any recommendations???

I'm also going through the Flyknit lunar 1s, and have found that a great successor is the Lunartempo. Lots of colors, and you can find almost all of them for $75 tops, with plenty of sales around, even a few outlets have had them for $30

I'm also going through the Flyknit lunar 1s, and have found that a great successor is the Lunartempo. Lots of colors, and you can find almost all of them for $75 tops, with plenty of sales around, even a few outlets have had them for $30

Ill check those out, will check out the nike free rn

I also went from Flyknit Lunars to LunarTempos.

Nike has finally come out with a full zoom length/Flyknit runner... I'm wondering how these will stack up for serious runners. $200 price tag makes them pretty expensive too.

how many km's on average do you guys find lunarlon lasts before going flat

Good question. I think it might be hard to tell simply because the variety of carrier foam Nike uses. Early pairs used "Lunarlite" and I'm still not even sure about the difference when they switched to Lunarlon, but I do know I could get about 350 miles on a pair of Run Avants, which had Lunarlite, but I don't know what carrier foam. PU maybe, but not much. I went through a few of those.

I have similar experiences with Flyknit Lunar 1s, which are almost all Lunarlon. But I have a pair of Lunarglide 2s that use a fair amount of carrier foam and I might try to get to 1000 miles. I've reached 800 in another pair. I think Lunarlon is good, but doesn't last very well on its own.

Running in LunarTempos, which seem to be completely Lunarlon, I rotate every 300 miles.  There's probably some life left in them at that point, but I just feel better making the switch.

Finally scored a pair of Vomero 10s for cheap last week. $32 the the Orange, CA outlet. They were mismarked as Structures and got lucky by asking. I didn't see any others, but if anyone is looking for Odysseys, there were several pairs of the orange ones for $40, before any hashwall discount they might have. I considered those, but had a bad experience with the Structures so for now I'm staying away from pronation control.

Running a few miles a day, several times a week.
I run in Nike free's for the most part. How do you guys deal with calluses, and/or how do you avoid them? Better shoes? Socks? Running mechanics?

Running a few miles a day, several times a week.
I run in Nike free's for the most part. How do you guys deal with calluses, and/or how do you avoid them? Better shoes? Socks? Running mechanics?
it may be the frees.

i used a pair of frees and i hated them.

i actually have never gotten calluses tho.

i have a huge rotation and I've found the right shoe for the right type of running and body is VERY important.

u tried nike pegasus 32? or lunar?

After how many miles should one replace their sneakers?

depends on the sneaker....youll know lol.

ultra boosts for example, will get destroyed quicker than some nikes.

you're legs will just feel more tired, the shoes will feel "dead" if that makes any sense. I've put 400 miles on a pair before.

Last edited:
SC kid SC kid
I have tried Pegasus, still got calluses. If I remember correctly it wasn't as easy as when I wear my free's, but the Pegasus did feel heavier on my feet
And i only get them on the upper part of my foot, under my big toe

hmm thats weird,

have you tried lunar racers??? they're really good. and light and roomy and stretchy.

free run distance get really really good reviews but again they use the free sole.

i don't know if you tried ultra boost, they're comfy as hell but they run down faster than most. I've been through 2.

i remember reading somewhere that someone who was having trouble with calluses said the nike vomero is best with that.

I've also heard fit (bigger) and socks are important for calluses.

Back
Top Bottom