RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Tonight's run with my brother....

Anyone in here running the RnR in Vegas this year? NT Summit what up tho.

I am.  Doing the Remix - 5K Saturday and full marathon Sunday.

@ILLustRAYt
we're neck and neck this month, haha!  I had an 8-day break, too.  Gotta just heal up sometimes, right?

I'm running the RnR vegas half, but my pace is much much slower than what you guys post.... I'll get done, but like when you guys are on beer 2 post race.

Ran my 15 mile training run and felt great! Got home from work at about 3am, felt kind of bad waking up, but the run was nice and smooth :pimp:
Weather being mid mid 70s-80s helped a lot, idk how you can run in 100 degrees @jordman23, good stuff, haha.

I didn't eat anything during the run, think I'm going to bring something small for my next long runs though, just sucks carrying things. There's so many venders on the lakefront trail and they all sell food, but not food for runners, makes no sense, they could be making a lot doing it I would think.

Last edited:
Definitely hate running in heat! As for food during runs, I just tried something new on an 18-miler this weekend, and it seemed to do the trick. I usually eat Honey Stingers gels and waffles, but they are quite inconvenient to try to chew and swallow while also trying to run and breathe. This powder mix called "Tailwind" is supposed to cover both hydration and your calories, and that way you just need to take a hydration pack or bottles with you. It worked really well for me, and it was more satisfying than the Gatorade mix I had tried years ago. No bonk this weekend! More info at the running warehouse blog: http://blog.runningwarehouse.com/nutrition/qa-with-tailwind-co-founder-jennifer-vierling/

Avengers Half Marathon Medals for this year:

and now that I skip the 5k they make the medals actually metal instead of the cheap rubber :smh:

Definitely hate running in heat! As for food during runs, I just tried something new on an 18-miler this weekend, and it seemed to do the trick. I usually eat Honey Stingers gels and waffles, but they are quite inconvenient to try to chew and swallow while also trying to run and breathe. This powder mix called "Tailwind" is supposed to cover both hydration and your calories, and that way you just need to take a hydration pack or bottles with you. It worked really well for me, and it was more satisfying than the Gatorade mix I had tried years ago. No bonk this weekend! More info at the running warehouse blog: http://blog.runningwarehouse.com/nutrition/qa-with-tailwind-co-founder-jennifer-vierling/
You may have sold me.  I usually take the Hammer Gel, but if it's a long enough run where I need two, that second one is hard to get down.

Ok so Ive been putting a lot of miles on my Vomero 10's lately and the cushion/ride isnt feeling the same anymore. Ive notice im getting some calf soreness after my runs. Im wanting to try another brand of runners. I currently have the Adidas energy boost, Saucony Triumph ISO, Saucony Kinvara 5s, and my Nike Pegasus 31s and Vomero 10's.

Im wanting to try something in the Hoka lineup. Im a midfoot (when tired), forefoot striker. Im 220lbs so i need for the shoe to have great impact protection in the forefoot and a good ride. I have heard Hokas are great road shoes.

If any of you have ran in them and could give me your personal experience it would be helpful.

Im wanting to try something in the Hoka lineup. Im a midfoot (when tired), forefoot striker. Im 220lbs so i need for the shoe to have great impact protection in the forefoot and a good ride. I have heard Hokas are great road shoes.

If any of you have ran in them and could give me your personal experience it would be helpful.

I'm a Hoka fan. I had the first Stinson Tarmacs and am finishing off a pair of the original Cliftons. I love the cushioning, especially in combination with the lightweight of the Clifton. The Stinson was pretty heavy. I'm a midfoot striker but my forefoot ends up squeezing a lot of cushioning out of shoes. For instance, since there was so much cushion on the Stinsons, the forefoot ended up compressing a lot more than in traditional shoes for me, and they ended up not lasting as long because of the resulting offset between the forefoot and heel, kind of like I started running in a wedge-type of shoe. This isn't the case for most people I'm sure, but just be aware that if you tend to crush the forefoot, the effect becomes much more drastic when you start out with more cushioning.

The Clifton doesn't quite have as much as a Stinson or Bondi, and maybe that's the reason they're still going strong for me. I might end up ripping through the upper before the soles are done. Im just about to 600 miles on them. If you have normal to narrow feet, I would say go for the Clifton, and maybe even version 2, since jackrabbit.Com has them for $55 right now. If you need a little wider fit, spend 130 to get version 3.

There's also the Bondi 4 that is probably really good for long mileage, but I've only tried them on. The Clayton is super light, but I've read people say that the arch is weird.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents

Last edited:
For the Hoka, I've been running in the Cliftons for about a year and they are great. I rotate those with my peg32s and each time I run with the Hoka, I feel like I get an extra bounce in my step. You just have to get over the fact that they look a little funky. 

My local running shop has been trying to sell me on the Hoka Claytons, but maybe next year.

Ok so Ive been putting
I'm a Hoka fan. I had the first Stinson Tarmacs and am finishing off a pair of the original Cliftons. I love the cushioning, especially in combination with the lightweight of the Clifton. The Stinson was pretty heavy. I'm a midfoot striker but my forefoot ends up squeezing a lot of cushioning out of shoes. For instance, since there was so much cushion on the Stinsons, the forefoot ended up compressing a lot more than in traditional shoes for me, and they ended up not lasting as long because of the resulting offset between the forefoot and heel, kind of like I started running in a wedge-type of shoe. This isn't the case for most people I'm sure, but just be aware that if you tend to crush the forefoot, the effect becomes much more drastic when you start out with more cushioning.

The Clifton doesn't quite have as much as a Stinson or Bondi, and maybe that's the reason they're still going strong for me. I might end up ripping through the upper before the soles are done. Im just about to 600 miles on them. If you have normal to narrow feet, I would say go for the Clifton, and maybe even version 2, since jackrabbit.Com has them for $55 right now. If you need a little wider fit, spend 130 to get version 3.

There's also the Bondi 4 that is probably really good for long mileage, but I've only tried them on. The Clayton is super light, but I've read people say that the arch is weird.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents

Whoa great info...thanks for thath feedback. Im mainly a forefoot striker. My Vomeros were good until recently i started having shin and calf pains. Im 220lbs so im under the assumption that i too might be crushing the forefoot pretty good. It just seems way too early for these shoes to have worn down only at 82 miles (not nearly the miles you put on your Hokas). I have heard that the Lunarlon breaks down after a while but shouldn't be this early. I run mostly on grass and soft surfaces so i dont pound my legs on the pavement. I recently sold both my ISOs (too high and clunky) and Kinvaras (too low and not enough cushion). Surely i thought the Vomeros were perfect for me. Now im not so sure. So now im on the hunt for another runner.

I dont have a narrow nor wide foot. From some reviews I've heard certain Hokas toes are narrow. I know that they have the cushion i need for impact protection. I just need to find the pair that isnt too tight fitting.

I was able to get both the MC Free Flyknit RNs and MP LunarEpics for $123 shipped.

They had a lot of good stuff when I was browsing: Vom10s, 11s, Peg31s, Peg32s, LunarTempo2s, LGs, etc.

I bought these Elite8s mainly for casual wear because I loved the colorblocking on them. This was my first run in them after owning them for almost a year now lol

I'm glad I doubled up on these. :smokin

Thanks for the code, Ray - I picked up the Lactic Acid Elite 8s.  That will be my third pair of them.  Great daily trainers for me.

Thanks for the code, Ray - I picked up the Lactic Acid Elite 8s.  That will be my third pair of them.  Great daily trainers for me.

NP! I had no idea that the E8s were this good! lol

I was looking at my archived running logs before Nike+... I've been playing Pokemon Go since 2011! :smokin :tongue:

Last edited:
I co-sign those headphones as well. I loved them so much that I bought two sets. The extra is for my "emergency" travel run backpack, which is equipped with shoes and runnI gear. Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom