RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I don't know how guys run in crazy heat... I usually try to run 4 miles a day, but when I run and it's like 80 degrees at 5 in the morning after 2-3 miles I'm dead.

It's the worst...ny heart rate goes from 155 to 175 when running the same pace when it gets to 90+
The sweat is the worst part :smh:

Got up early today to get in 20 miles before the heat, and this time I got to try out those Plantronics Back Beat headphones from Costco - super easy to use, and sound is not only great, but I could still hear outside noise when cars were coming (important to know what's around). Had one sore spot that I'm not sure if I can avoid, but otherwise they were pretty comfortable.

I also continue to have good luck with Tailwind hydration - I kept sipping at least once per mile, and probably went through 24 oz and didn't feel full but I wasn't crazy thirsty afterwards.

And I've used Vomero 10s on my last couple long runs, and they're getting the job done - not really noticing the extra weight over my trusty Cliftons, and the Zoom air is awesome. I have over 600 miles on the Cliftons and I'll probably patch up a couple worn spots just so I can keep using them.

my first race in over a year is on Sunday in Falmouth. I'm expecting a very slow pace because it's gonna be hot and hilly, but it will be good to get back out again and get some rust off.

This morning's run in Montreal

Super new to running. 5 weeks in. I'm talking about the first time I went for a run a month ago I could ln't even do a half a mile. Just ran my first 5k on Monday and will be running an official 5k Sept 4th.

I never thought I would like running but it really is sort of a meditative exercise. I honestly feel like a million bucke after a good run. I'm less stressed out, i have less anxiety. It's really been beneficial to me all around. :pimp:

Wht would you guys recommend for someone trying to get faster. I ran my 5k in 30) minutes. I would like to run my next one in the 28 range or so (is a 2 min improvement this quickly even possible?). I've been running about 6 days a week but I usually just run 3 miles or so. Should I be doing intervals?

Also, idk if there are any LA ppl in here but if so, do any of you do Blacklist LA? Really fun stuff. 100+ ppl get together on Mon, Wed, Sat, and run. Makes running way more fun.

Last thing...someone in here recommended Pegasus 32's a few weeks ago. I bought them as my first pair of running shoes and these are amazing. Got them for $50 at the Nike outlet in Long beach :pimp:

Last edited:
Super new to running. 5 weeks in. I'm talking about the first time I went for a run a month ago I could ln't even do a half a mile. Just ran my first 5k on Monday and will be running an official 5k Sept 4th.

Wht would you guys recommend for someone trying to get faster. I ran my 5k in 30) minutes. I would like to run my next one in the 28 range or so (is a 2 min improvement this quickly even possible?). I've been running about 6 days a week but I usually just run 3 miles or so. Should I be doing intervals?
You should try and follow a training schedule of doing a day where you just focus on speed running, and another day for a long run. Then just take it easy on the other days
I would just do 5 days of running, recovery is incredible important. Although I did go from running 5 days last year to running 4 days this year and was way more prepared last year :lol:

Reactions: HIM
Thanks, Repped. I'm actually supposed to start doing this weekly Nike Speed training every Thursday with a couple of my boys. Hope I don't embarrass myself too much out there :lol:

Quick question because I'm still new to all this :lol:

When you say run 5 days and rest two, does it matter when those rest days are? Like, would it be better to spread them out or can I run Sun-Thurs and then rest Fri/Sat?

I usually run at bight when it's cooler so Weekdays are easier for me since I l ususally don't have any plans. I would like to keep a Sun-Thurs schedule.

Last edited:
Thanks, Repped. I'm actually supposed to start doing this weekly Nike Speed training every Thursday with a couple of my boys. Hope I don't embarrass myself too much out there :lol:

Quick question because I'm still new to all this :lol:

When you say run 5 days and rest two, does it matter when those rest days are? Like, would it be better to spread them out or can I run Sun-Thurs and then rest Fri/Sat?

I usually run at bight when it's cooler so Weekdays are easier for me since I l ususally don't have any plans. I would like to keep a Sun-Thurs schedule.

I think whatever fits your schedule is best.

To me, one day rest is usually enough as long as you eat properly and are hydrated.

It can't just be me but when I used to run mornings, on rest days I actually feel uneasy by mid-day, my body actually want to go on a run so I end up doing a light jog on the threadmill at night anyways :lol:

Reactions: HIM
I work as a PM RN, so I try to get my run in before work. After my runs, I actually feel more energized than if I hadn't gone for a run :lol:

Yesterday's run

Thanks for the advice, guys. I look forward to catching up to y'all sometime :lol:

These 8 mile runs at 7min pace are mindbogfling to me lol. Gonna use y'all as motivation :pimp:

Yeah, ultimately everyone is different. I know I definitely don't feel like running on my off days :lol:. And once I do run, I for sure feel a little drained afterwards. I've been trianing for a marathon and following plans for the most part of my two years running, though.

My last run, almost had neg splits every mile, except one :frown:. I like doing cool down laps, so my first and last are at way different paces, haha

Has anyone checked out the new Nike plus running app. I had to get another phone and had to upload all my apps onto the new phone. Haven't played with all the features just yet but notice half of my shoes I run in are missing from my list. The rest of the shoes listed don't have any recorded mileage. Even when I recorded a new run with the app, is doesn't seem to keep records of total mileage of the shoes. Have anybody else run into this problem.

I bought these Elite8s mainly for casual wear because I loved the colorblocking on them. This was my first run in them after owning them for almost a year now lol

I'm glad I doubled up on these. :smokin

How do these run? Thinking about picking up a pair.

How do these run? Thinking about picking up a pair.

TTS. They'll perform well for you if you have a mid-to-forefoot strike. You really get that snap/bounce as you propel forward.

Another continuous 7miler but back on the track for today

Last edited:
Has anyone checked out the new Nike plus running app. I had to get another phone and had to upload all my apps onto the new phone. Haven't played with all the features just yet but notice half of my shoes I run in are missing from my list. The rest of the shoes listed don't have any recorded mileage. Even when I recorded a new run with the app, is doesn't seem to keep records of total mileage of the shoes. Have anybody else run into this problem.
Yes! I just noticed today that I lost a bunch of mileage on the shoes. It's not a very consistent tracker anyway though - I've always had issues, and I use an Excel speadsheet anyway.

My shoes all disappeared with the update.  I only sort of paid attention to that anyway, I know I rotate before I have to because I get antsy.

Really disliking the update because of this reason. I like the idea of keeping a log of mileage for my runners. I'm wondering why they would take this feature away? I even see the page where my trophies and fastest times where displayed. I don't see the level colors anymore either.

Back
Top Bottom