RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Hey NT runners,  I had a question , hopefully you guys can help me with some insight. Ive been joggin on and off for about 2.5 years. I stopped joggin last summer because my knee would be in pain the next day. It is somewhat of a "locked" feeling where i cant bend it easiy, and its painful, nothing extreme, but enough for me to not be able to jog w/out discomfort or limp. I didnt get this until the end of last summer and now it happens everytime I jog ( i jog about 3miles). I wear asics gelytes and run on concrete.  I notice when I run on a track w/ cushioned type feel to it, I wont have the knee problems. So my question is, do you guys think I need new running shoes? , better form? or start running on tracks? 
Btw i play basketball almost everyday and basketball never gives me this knee pain, and I run harder while playing

Thanks in advance!

^
From the information you've provided, I almost sure it's your form causing your knee pain.

You said you never feel the pain when you ball. You also said you RUN HARDER, which probably means you're running with a forefoot strike or on your toes. With that said, I think you're running heel-to-toe when you go out for a run, which can be detrimental to your legs.

Running heel-to-toe is like driving a car with your handbrake still up. It can only cause problems. Next time you go for a run, try to land on your midfoot/forefoot and push off like a skateboard.

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

IT'S UP! However, mileage will not count until 4/1/12.

NT NIKE+ CHALLENGE IV:
STRIPES vs. SOLIDS 8000

http://nikerunning.nike.c...enges/detail/1172409790/

Sup NT, This is the latest installment of NT+ Challenges. It is another TEAM DISTANCE RACE, and the goal is to accumulate 8000 MILES as a TEAM before the other. However, this time we're only going to have TWO TEAMS. The FIRST TEAM to run 8000mi takes home the DIGITAL TROPHY! CHALLENGERS will select their TEAM according to their respective birthMONTH. All running levels are welcome! #makeitcount! 

STRIPES (Odds; JAN / MAR / MAY / JUL / SEP / NOV)
SOLIDS (Evens; FEB / APR / JUN / AUG / OCT / DEC)
just joined, been a year+ since I used this thing because I moved and lost it 

^Nice!

It's unfortunate that the challenge has to be discontinued due to the site's upgrade to HTML5.

Here's a suggestion for the first challenge for the new Nike+ site...

BOSS TYCOON 408:
I was thinking after this challenge we should have a Niketalk draft to decide the next teams. I think it would make it more competitive and the teams would be less lopsided. We would just sign up and post up our stats like total miles from the Nike+ site. It's just a rough draft that I put together while at work lol   

I think it'll be more work to organize, but I do like a more competitive challenge. What do y'all think?

^Nice!

It's unfortunate that the challenge has to be discontinued due to the site's upgrade to HTML5.

BOSS TYCOON 408:
I was thinking after this challenge we should have a Niketalk draft to decide the next teams. I think it would make it more competitive and the teams would be less lopsided. We would just sign up and post up our stats like total miles from the Nike+ site. It's just a rough draft that I put together while at work lol   

I think it'll be more work to organize, but I do like a more competitive challenge. What do y'all think?
I like it
laugh.gif

Just think you got the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.. and then you got the NT+ Challenge 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BOSS TYCOON 408

^Nice!

BOSS TYCOON 408:

I like it
laugh.gif

Just think you got the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.. and then you got the NT+ Challenge 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by BOSS TYCOON 408

^Nice!

BOSS TYCOON 408:

I like it
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You can draft them but what stops them from just signing/joining to the other team? 
laugh.gif

^True. There has to be a trust system then lol

I think the best thing to do is to see how the new site handles challenges and their details.

in the for the next challenge. gunning for the top 20 again! was hovering around the top 25 for this one

Well looks like the challenges won't reset, it'll keep going until the new challenges are revamped in early fall.

Challenges
Challenges are being revamped with new ways to challenge and be challenged by any Nike+ member. Runners will be able to challenge their Nike+ friends with miles or NikeFuel-based challenges, as well as 1:1 and group challenges. Our new Challenge feature will be launched in Fall 2012.

Are you in an existing Challenge on our current site that extends past May 31? Not to worry - you will still be able to view your progress and see your Challenge leaderboards while we build the new Challenges system. Shortly after the new site launches in June, Challenge participants will be able to view a leaderboard of their existing Challenges. The Challenge leader boards will update in real time, and will include individual and team leader board views. You will not be able to edit, join, invite a new member, create a new challenge, delete an existing challenge or trash talk. But you will be able to keep your current Challenges going while we build our new version, which we hope gives you that extra motivation and fun that Nike+ brings.

Please note there will be a short amount of time after the new site launches where you will not be able to see your current Challenges. Your data will not be lost. We are still tracking every run and keeping the leader boards intact, so keep getting those runs in!

^ I got the email too. This runs contrary to everything they told us in the beta-testing but this is better than getting rid of them completely and should keep us satisfied until Fall 2012.
Keep running folks!
Jonas

Yup, got the same email.

Damn I was taking a break too, and figured I'd start up again with the supposed 'reset'.
grin.gif
 Guess I got some catching up to do!

Originally Posted by RFX45

Well looks like the challenges won't reset, it'll keep going until the new challenges are revamped in early fall.

Challenges
Challenges are being revamped with new ways to challenge and be challenged by any Nike+ member. Runners will be able to challenge their Nike+ friends with miles or NikeFuel-based challenges, as well as 1:1 and group challenges. Our new Challenge feature will be launched in Fall 2012.

Are you in an existing Challenge on our current site that extends past May 31? Not to worry - you will still be able to view your progress and see your Challenge leaderboards while we build the new Challenges system. Shortly after the new site launches in June, Challenge participants will be able to view a leaderboard of their existing Challenges. The Challenge leader boards will update in real time, and will include individual and team leader board views. You will not be able to edit, join, invite a new member, create a new challenge, delete an existing challenge or trash talk. But you will be able to keep your current Challenges going while we build our new version, which we hope gives you that extra motivation and fun that Nike+ brings.

Please note there will be a short amount of time after the new site launches where you will not be able to see your current Challenges. Your data will not be lost. We are still tracking every run and keeping the leader boards intact, so keep getting those runs in!

DOPE!
happy.gif

I suppose May 31 is the deadline for new challengers to join...  

Just joined the stripes vs solids challenge. Kind of late because I thought it would reset but better late than never I guess.

Would love to join this challenge how do I do so?  I have an ipod but will not get my Nike GPS watch until later this summer, can I still compete?  I had already said that I was going to start my workout routine on June 1st, but this is even more of an incentive to do so.  I think that joining this would keep me interested for a while. Please advise....

^
- While logged in, go back to this thread, click the link to the Challenge on the first page.
- Select your team according to your BIRTHmonth, and join the Challenge.

Be sure to join the Challenge by 5/31/12, as Nike+ will not allow any users to join ANY challenges afterwards.

Since you have an iPod, I'd suggest purchasing the chip + receiver combo if you don't mind spending ~$30-40. If you have a newer iPod, some already have a Nike+ GPS preinstalled already. Other than that I'd just wait on the GPS watch.

If you do choose any of the previous options with the iPod, I'm sure you can transfer your "old" data to your GPS watch...

glad i found this, nothing like NT'ers to motivate a fella. i hope the nike+ improves cuz it use to be crazy buggy.

RaulB is my screen name

Foreal though, this challenge will be the only one until fall so if you are on the fence about joining, now is your chance. Gotta join the challenge by May 31!
peace,

Jonas

I love it when Nike tech works. Hiked Mt. Baldy yesterday (tallest mountain in LA County) and used the Nike GPS SportWatch and surprisingly the GPS had reception there while my cellphone didn't. It managed to map out my hike down (forgot to turn it on in from the bottom up) after reaching the top (elevation 10,064). It's just plain awesome to record/document the experience. Took the most difficult/steepest route too. 
34t4fb6.jpg

laugh.gif
@ some dudes comment in the challenge..

" what's going on with the solids we got some bums on our side. "

_ aint recorded .1 mile
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

laugh.gif
@ some dudes comment in the challenge..

" what's going on with the solids we got some bums on our side. "

_ aint recorded .1 mile