RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Been a while since I chipped in here. I've been training for a marathon the past 4 months, and Sunday is finally race day. I've had a great build up, about 12 weeks of 100+miles a week, with solid speedwork thrown in there. Rotterdam is supposed to be pancake flat so hopefully that will help. Going for top twenty, first American and sub 2:22. Send some good vibes my way NT fam. 

Good luck man, run hard and enjoy the journey not the finishline.

So i went to the runners store and tried on 2 asics bout 120 each.

Gel kayano and another gel but i cant remember the name. Felt like damb pillows.
i was so wrong.

Why the **** did you lie to me nike.

Been running in Nike Vomero's since they came out under the Bowerman Series which is probably damn near 10 years. Love'em. Don't see myself changing up anytime soon. 

I only run about 8-10 miles a week. 

Did a few 5k's and a Half Marathon in the past. No desire to ever do another Half. Got'damn that was hard. 

Everyone knows Nike is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to running shoes.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 . That's just not true… Spoken like someone who runs in Air Max 360's or some AM95's…

Last edited:
Naw i still like nike.

Lunar racers especially.

But i just never knew how comfy asics were smh and 2 keep it 100 asics runners just seemed like that sneaker older dudes wore in marathons lol.

But after this new discovery im gonna look at sum more asics b4 pullin the trigger on a pair 2 put some serious miles on.

So i went to the runners store and tried on 2 asics bout 120 each.

Gel kayano and another gel but i cant remember the name. Felt like damb pillows.
i was so wrong.

Why the **** did you lie to me nike.

Nike makes shoes to wear with skinny sweatpants and jeans. :lol:

But nah, they have some ok pairs.

To me, I coud run barefoot so anything is a plus. I've ran the most ever in a pair of free 3.0 I got for 30bucks at an outlet

Last edited:
At least you corrected yourself with "average" rather than "bottom of the barrel" :tongue:

Are there better brands out there? Sure, but I think it's really based on the individual runner's preferences and needs. For me, it's all about the cost and what works for me. Nike fulfills that for me. I'll admit I'd like to try Hoka One One, Brooks and adi's Ultra Boost, but their +$100 prices keep me away. Having a Nike Clearance Store considerably nearby makes my choice of footwear much easier.

^

Maybe I exagerrated with the bottom of the barrel comment. :lol:

But yeah man you should try the Hoka One or even some Asics or Brooks. My friend paces for NTNY and she says theres a ton of people who show up in other brands.

If youve never tried, youll never know. Who knows, maybe youll post pics on IG with nothing but Brooks in the future. :lol:

Im content with my Pegasus right now. Willing to try Brooks in the future or some Asics.

^
Lulz! If I could get Brooks, Hoka, etc. for ~$50 (around the price I pay for the Nikes that I run in), then perhaps... :lol:

To me, I coud run barefoot so anything is a plus. I've ran the most ever in a pair of free 3.0 I got for 30bucks at an outlet

Yea im the same.
Ran in roshes for a good 6 months.

I like tryin out diff stuff.
I tried on sum Adidas boost and they were also incredibly comfortable.

Rite now its a toss up between those and the kayano.

If you have not tried the adidas boost i recommend it...its like one if those sneakers youd wear everywhere

Last edited:
Yea im the same.
Ran in roshes for a good 6 months.

I like tryin out diff tech tho.
I tried on sum Adidas boost and they were also incredibly comfortable.

ROSHES?! Damn. I'm glad their name was recently changed to "Roshe One" to clear up confusion. I'll admit when they came out, I thought it was some new running tech... hahaha

Last edited:
Running in roshe's? That's gotta be a rough ride. They're WAY too high up. Can't run In air maxes either. Feels like I'm too high up

10k sold out quick. I might just only do the 5k. Pretty easy to get into that one.

Any coupon code to use?

Last edited:
I've run in several Asics over the years and tested Mizuno. For me, the Nike Vomero's are hands down the best. I'm a neutral runner that loves a light cushion cloud feel though. 

Signed up for the 5k just for fun. Want to sign up for the half marathon too but $200... yikes!

Hey everyone,

Glad to have finally found an NT thread of dedicated runners! I am a 1:20 Half Marathon, 3:01 Marathon (soon to hopefully break 3 this summer), 16:37 5K.

Quick question for anyone here who's familiar with the Nike Elite teams. I've been looking for these hats that are given out only to sponsored athletes. Notice that each one is different depending on what team the athlete runs for (Nike Trail Elite, Track & Field, or the XC hat which was given to High School Nike Cross Nationals race winners).

I've heard rumors that the Nike Trail one could be released to retail this upcoming Summer/Fall but haven't heard anything concrete.

Definitely a shot in the dark, but if anyone has one of these hats or info on obtaining one, it would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me if anyone has any info.

Thanks fellow NT'ers and best of luck on your training!

Last edited:
Nike Elite? Like Black Roses of NYC? They are Nike sponsored and get special gear.

Ray, you shoudnt be mad at spending $150 for a pair of Brooks or whatever, IMO if its gonna get its moneys worth then its a good buy.

Back
Top Bottom