RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I started the 5k nike+ coach training today.
Can run .5 miles no problem. The walk to run approach should work great.

I've been looking into getting a set of compression socks.

Anyone run with these or use them after?

Has anyone here been fitted for shoes by a running store and hated the shoes?

I was supposed to use stability shoes, that are all so damn bulky :lol:. Used them my first month of training, then randomly bought a super light neutral pair of shoes and have won't look back. Night and day improvement for me, or maybe I've just improved fast, who knows.

Posting this since it might not always be the best for you what the employee's recommend, I saw a lot of info online that shows fitting doesnt always work out as well.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm on week 3 right now on my 5k training. After I finish that I'll transition into the half marathon training
It's a great program at the beginner level.  I moved up to the Intermediate level for my half in July, and it's kicking my butt.  I'm too old to put on this many miles, haha.  I'll drop back to the beginner level for my October race.

Went and bought the flyknit lunar 3's:

The previous shoes I used are so low to the ground (mizuno sayanara2), they are great for running fast, but the forefoot's cushioning isn't the greatness, it doesn't hurt, but I know it's probably not going to be pretty for 10+ mile runs. I had a feeling the lunar 3's would be great for me. They are definitely amazing shoes to run in, I have zero soreness.

The lunar 3's sit a little higher than the other shoes, so when running I can feel the heel strike coming in a little sooner, I have no idea if that's a good or bad thing. My legs and everything feel/felt great though..

I noticed my previous shoes are coming out with an upgraded, part 3, though :nerd:, descriptions say the forefoot has more cushioning of course :lol:. Hopefully those fix my small issue with them, and become my final go to.

Really wanted to buy this colorway, but they don't come out until July 4th :smh:

Last edited:
Just broke my mile PR by 1 second :lol: earlier today

time was 7:03. I was doing interval training as suggested by the coach feature and the last .25 miles was at a slower pace :smh: could have finally gotten a sub 7 minute mile if i would have continued my pace :x

Last edited:
Those just dropped on NDC...

Wow....I literally bought mine from a Nike store and the guy had no idea when they were releasing. I only said July 4th because that's when roadrunnersports has them listed for, Nike had no info. I'm going to return them tomorrow and buy the other ones...
That's just so unfortunate :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Wow....I literally bought mine from a Nike store and the guy had no idea when they were releasing. I only said July 4th because that's when roadrunnersports has them listed for, Nike had no info. I'm going to return them tomorrow and buy the other ones...
That's just so unfortunate :lol: :smh:

Initially, I thought that cw was meh... They look a lot better than their earlier pics :smokin A solid Black tongue would've made those casual classics!

Also, I'm finally comfortable with the Plantronics headphones without any modifications! They fit just right, and I'm loving them even for casual listening! I guess I was so accustomed to firm framed headsets.

Last edited:
Initially, I thought that cw was meh... They look a lot better than their earlier pics :smokin A solid Black tongue would've made those casual classics!

Also, I'm finally comfortable with the Plantronics headphones without any modifications! They fit just right, and I'm loving them even for casual listening! I guess I was so accustomed to firm framed headsets.

I'm glad you like them man. I love them!

That colorway grew on me big time. I really want to see it in person before I buy though. I Guess none of the nike stores have them yet, weird.

Using the Nike Coach what is everyone doing on their cross train days?
I plan on doing some resistance training

Sorry to mess up the flow but just wanted to get a 

Yay or Nay on the Zoom Streak 5

I like the zoom streak 5 a lot for short distances. Most I could probably run in mine is maybe 6 miles at time. :lol: need more cushioning and support for longer runs

Looking into getting a pair :nerd: for those types of runs

I like the zoom streak 5 a lot for short distances. Most I could probably run in mine is maybe 6 miles at time.
laugh.gif
need more cushioning and support for longer runs

Looking into getting a pair
nerd.gif
for those types of runs
my big *** hikes and does short sprints/walks. 

The floral shoes look great in person

Random question, anyone in here doing the nike womens half marathon in San Fran in October? I know its a womens half but it is open to males too

Thinking about signing up for this race. That lets you race in 3 different races Im the same day . First race is 5 miles second race a 5k and third race is a 2 mile run. I know I can complete it but it's the stop and go that will throw me off.

The floral shoes look great in person

Random question, anyone in here doing the nike womens half marathon in San Fran in October? I know its a womens half but it is open to males too

I'm considering it and see if i get selected to participate when they do the random draw

I signed up for my first half at the end of July. Didn't think it would be too bad but ran some of the trail today and the 2nd and 4th miles  are up hill 
sick.gif

Has anyone used those electrolyte supplements before a run? I eat bananas and keep hydrated thru out the day,while sipping on Gatorade in my camelbak while I run. But there's times where I feel like I might start cramping at the end of my run. Also any reviews on Sportlegs capsules?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom