RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Had a long run today, and apparently couldn't handle the temps - only 85 degrees, but being out in the direct sun for over 3.5 hours took its toll and I overheated. Had to stop a few times and walk a few times. I got most of the way and was fine stopping a little early. Now it's almost 7 hours later and I'm still feeling the effects of the heat. I think I'll go back to running in the morning before the sunrise.

AM run

PM run with NRC (intervals)
Started with the Black Pace group... Finished with Volt

I felt bad for going faster than the pacer at times, so I had to put on the brakes a couple of times :wow: I think I can hang with Volt :smokin

Last edited:
Did a 5 mile tempo run this morning with negative split miles. This was huge for me and the first real run I have pushed myself in a long time. Also have started posting to NRC with the #ntrunning tag. Some of you are putting in serious mileage :pimp:

anyone running the RNR Philly Half Marathon this Sunday? this is my first out of state race and im pretty hype.

anyone running the RNR Philly Half Marathon this Sunday? this is my first out of state race and im pretty hype.

i was going to but i unfortunately im going out of town. instead i'm doing the Philly Half in November. Good luck this Sunday!

Last edited:
After my Hoka 1-1 C-1s got wet in yesterdays rain run I decided to run in my Vomero 10s today. Lets just say I almost regret putting them on my feet. The Vomeros cushion felt like bricks as i tried to muster up enough strength to get through a 3.5 mile jog. Mine you Ive been running in the Vomeros all along with 120 plus miles on the shoes. I couldnt bare to run any longer and stopped at 3.25 miles.

Ive been running in the Hokas for 2 weeks straight and love them. Ive spoiled my legs with a little Hoka Heaven sorta speak lol. Its amazing how the 2 cushions differ so much and the stack height doesnt bother me at all. So now Im in Hoka Heat staring at two more pairs on ebay. The original model blue n volt colorway and the Hoka 1-1 C3 Blue/Orange/Green colorway. My Nikes just dont feel the same. They don't have that ultimate cushioning that ive been searching for as a heavier runner.

I know that feeling transitioning from the H1-1 C1s to other running shoes! The C1s are truly something else when it comes to cushioning. They made me Peg30s, one of Nike's softest trainers feel like cardboard #nojoke

So I'm 2 months out from my first half marathon. my long runs are around 8 miles right now, I've got my pace to about 12:45.

I can do the 4 to 5 mile short runs in just under 12:00 per mile, but I'm still not there for the longer runs.

I'm in the minority and will get a lot of flack for it but I just don't see the big deal with Hokas.

Despite it being supposedly light, it still felt like a heavy lug on my foot.

Maybe because it's much bigger/bulkier and wide?

Or it might like a placebo effect and all in my mind but it's not the first shoe I grab when I am ready to go for a run.

Probably just not for me, it'll have a place in my rotation but probably 5th or 6th in my line-up.

So I'm 2 months out from my first half marathon. my long runs are around 8 miles right now, I've got my pace to about 12:45.

I can do the 4 to 5 mile short runs in just under 12:00 per mile, but I'm still not there for the longer runs.
That's a pretty good progression.  You have a month to get to 11-12, and you can probably get under 11 minutes by then.  Keep it up!

Well, I had intended on pushing it for a 26-miler this morning, but my hydration pack sprung a leak at mile 16, and although my phone was in the vicinity but in a ziplock bag, apparently that wasn't good enough, and I might be heading to AT&T tomorrow to find out my options.  I'm sick of this huge Note 4 anyway and ready to go back to an iPhone.

Good news - since I started nice and early this morning when it was cool out, I still felt fresh enough to push through 22 miles with negative splits.  That's in contrast to my run last Sunday when I felt on the verge of death in the 90-degree heat of the afternoon after 23 miles.

AND, this was in my OG Cliftons that just passed 700 miles on this run!  They actually still felt pretty good.  Also good news, my phone was able to turn on long enough to grab most of my pictures/videos AND be able to post the run (that I pulled from my watch) to the NRC app... priorities!

Back
Top Bottom