RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Anybody on here wear Brooks? I have a pair of Launch 3s that I love. Any other models that are pretty good?
My first pair of Brooks were the Glycerin 12 a few years ago. They held out great for my first ultra although the print overlay started to peel after about 50 miles. Check out the Glycerin family if you're still interested with Brooks.

So, talking to a guy in my running club about the Vaporflys he was wearing, and his quote was, "These should be illegal."  I immediately came home and ordered a pair.

Another run in the Zoom Flys, Fathers Day treat to myself lol

Anyone in here with these shoes? I've been experiencing some major upper heel digging above my ankle and curious if it's happening to anyone else.

I had to use an elastic wrap and some athletic tape just to prevent it from getting worse. Had to clean off some blood from the shoes this morning prior to my run. Really love these zoom flys but I doubt I should be experiencing this.

So, talking to a guy in my running club about the Vaporflys he was wearing, and his quote was, "These should be illegal."  I immediately came home and ordered a pair.

Are you talking about the vaporfly 4%? The ones that come out next month?

They are $250! That's a lot, but if he says they are that good, I have to test them out.

Are you talking about the vaporfly 4%? The ones that come out next month?

They are $250! That's a lot, but if he says they are that good, I have to test them out.
No, he has the $150 version.  I don't think anyone (outside of Nike) truly knows about the 4% version.  I've been holding on to a 10% code and 3 gift cards for when those drop.

No, he has the $150 version.  I don't think anyone (outside of Nike) truly knows about the 4% version.  I've been holding on to a 10% code and 3 gift cards for when those drop.

oh. I wonder how amazing those will be, if these are that good...That price tag is pretty crazy! I don't think I can name a running shoe that was $250 from nike ever

oh. I wonder how amazing those will be, if these are that good...That price tag is pretty crazy! I don't think I can name a running shoe that was $250 from nike ever
Yeah - I realized when I got them that I've been calling them the wrong thing.  I have the Zoom Fly (which I thought was a model from years ago, but maybe not).

I got them in yesterday, and I can definitely feel their impact.  I had a race this morning, and didn't want to try them in a race with no other run in them, but I'll definitely be putting some miles on them this week.

On that note - does anyone know how to retire/delete a shoe in the Nike+ app?  My list is starting to get long, and I don't use them all anymore.

Last couple of runs...

Working on my form vs speed right now. Supplementing with nrc workouts, stretching everyday and running in the pool.

My post tib is slowly healing. Tolerable due to the stretching and pool work. Hope to have it fully healed soon to add some speed work

Anyone else having syncing issues with their Garmin to the NRC app?

Ever since I updated, my runs won't sync. I'm running a lot less because of this... :/

Yeah - I realized when I got them that I've been calling them the wrong thing.  I have the Zoom Fly (which I thought was a model from years ago, but maybe not).
I got them in yesterday, and I can definitely feel their impact.  I had a race this morning, and didn't want to try them in a race with no other run in them, but I'll definitely be putting some miles on them this week.

On that note - does anyone know how to retire/delete a shoe in the Nike+ app?  My list is starting to get long, and I don't use them all anymore.
I remember the Lunarfly, is that what you're thinking of? Those started with the Run Avant, then Lunarfly 1, 2, and 3 before they stopped that line.
As for retiring a shoe, I don't remember how similar the Android app is, but for iPhone, when you're on your shoe list, you swipe left on the shoe to retire it.

I remember the Lunarfly, is that what you're thinking of? Those started with the Run Avant, then Lunarfly 1, 2, and 3 before they stopped that line.

As for retiring a shoe, I don't remember how similar the Android app is, but for iPhone, when you're on your shoe list, you swipe left on the shoe to retire it.

No, it's this one:
https://www.solereview.com/nike-zoom-fly-review/

I didn't even think of the swipe, and would have been very angry if it were that simple. It did not work with Android, though.

Yesterday's run on top
Previous run I did on the same route at the bottom.

I usually like to repeat routes to see if my progress has changed. Felt winded after this one but I definitely noticed how much harder I went

Relaxing today and tomorrow. Got an 8 mi event on July 4. Last time I ran 8 mi I did it 1:11. Trying to beat that time.

So I "signed up" to be a 2018 Tokyo marathon charity runner, but I'm not sure I actually got accepted. Applications are first come first served and limited to 4,000, and I think they just didn't close the registration. Tried to sign up on my phone when it opened up and after a while of not getting through, i got a page saying it was full and closed. Later that night I checked the site again to find lottery information and saw it was still open, so I signed up. I haven't gotten charged yet, so I am not really hopeful to be honest, but this would be so awesome if I did get in

Donation requirement is only 100,000 yen, which is less than $900 and something I'm willing to pay that without thinking twice about it to get in :lol:. We'll see what happens, for now registration is still open

Last edited:
So, I tried out the Zoom Fly this morning - these things are legit.  My usual morning pace is around 8:30, but I was doing 8:05 without even thinking about it.  I have a 10K tonight, that I wasn't planning on trying to PR, so we'll see where I end up.  But, first impression is very positive.

So, the follow up...

I still wasn't planning to PR - my best 10K was 45.57, and I told my wife to expect me at 48 or so.  It was hot, and the course had some interesting points in it; it ran around Gillette Stadium and finished on the 50 yard line.  I got in my 7/8-minute corral, and started.  At about the half-mile mark, I looked at my watch, and I was running at 5.40 pace - I do not run a 5.40 mile, ever.  I had to back it down.  My first mile ended up at 6.30, my fastest recorded mile.  I backed off a little more.  Finished 45.24.  I'm not one to usually say that shoes can make that big of a difference, but these do.  It's so worth your time to try them out, even if you order them and return them.

Today's 8mi event.

Miles 4-6 were absolutely tough as this was the most I've ever ran up and down hill. Unfortunately, at some point I had to stop to catch my breath but I only did it once.

This is a previous 8mi run I did. Granted, course, elevation and shoes were different but I really feel like these Zoom Flys have helped cut my avg pace down

So idk what I was thinking last night guys, but I signed up for a half marathon that is next week, and I haven't ran in over a month! :lol: :smh:

My longest run this year has been 10 miles and that was 2 months ago, then one 4 mile run last month. I ran 4 miles today to dust off the cob webs. I Got called out by my homie for being washed up and slacking, while he has been going hard. That was the same reason why I even ran 10 miles 2 months ago haha. I'm going to run 4 more times before the race, it's going to be all up to the race day adrenaline. Hopefully I don't get myself hurt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom