running=weight loss question

i heard from someone i forget.. that running on a treadmill could create imbalances in your running form.. so i always jogged/ran on the track or round the park, neighborhood

i heard from someone i forget.. that running on a treadmill could create imbalances in your running form.. so i always jogged/ran on the track or round the park, neighborhood

Originally Posted by ChiTownRivera07

Which would one prefer....running on the treadmill, or on actual streets around the neighborhood?

both work. but i believe there are more calories to be burned running around the streets, due to the natural curves/dips/slopes etc. that streets have.

Which would one prefer....running on the treadmill, or on actual streets around the neighborhood?

both work. but i believe there are more calories to be burned running around the streets, due to the natural curves/dips/slopes etc. that streets have.

Interval Training, eggs/egg whites, oatmeal, lots of water, fish, chicken should do the trick for approx 3 mos straight

Interval Training, eggs/egg whites, oatmeal, lots of water, fish, chicken should do the trick for approx 3 mos straight

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

youre gonna work harder/get more out of  running on the street. treadmills are self-propelled which means you dont have to work as hard.

youre gonna work harder/get more out of  running on the street. treadmills are self-propelled which means you dont have to work as hard.

yeah, I don't know any of the science behind it, but I think it's way more beneficial to run on varying surfaces like sidewalks/roads. Plus treadmills are just boring, running outside provides some sort of scenery. 

yeah, I don't know any of the science behind it, but I think it's way more beneficial to run on varying surfaces like sidewalks/roads. Plus treadmills are just boring, running outside provides some sort of scenery. 

i like the treadmill better but i understand how and why the streets can be better but ill be damned if i pay to use the gym and instead choose to run around the block nah *+%@ that im cool
laugh.gif

i like the treadmill better but i understand how and why the streets can be better but ill be damned if i pay to use the gym and instead choose to run around the block nah *+%@ that im cool
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom