Russian Billionaire Floats Above Economy In $350 Million Mega Yacht

abramovich_eclipse_jPCDO_12.jpg

article-1069270-02E963E300000578-437_468x186_popup.jpg

Dubai-01.jpg

so its finally complete..pretty insane!

Ironically, even in this economy, the title of world's largest yacht lasted less than a month, as Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich finally launched his record-setting 557-ft. megayacht "Eclipse" in Hamburg, Germany.
The launch bests the lavish $350 million Dubai that set sail from, yes, Dubai. At 551-ft. in length, the Dubai had been the longest yacht in the world. The Eclipse also cost a cool $350 to complete, but it comes with a host of modern extras and a decidedly un-tacky interior so we're giving it the edge not only on length, but in the taste department as well.

Take for example the missile defense system that allows the crew to jam incoming pirate missiles. Or, perhaps you'll consider the secret underwater submarine entrance, perfect for James Bond style escapes-just watch out for those underwater knife fights!

Then there's the two heli-pads, pool with surrounding Havana bars, cinema, library, restaurant, private garden and a 5,000-sq.-ft. master bedroom, the latter of which had me feeling pretty stupid about all the bragging I did last night regarding what I pay for my new "spacious one bedroom apartment." [Morgan Post via Born Rich]

http://gizmodo.com/5290050/russian-billionaire-floats-above-economy-in-350-million-mega-yacht

Originally Posted by Lazy B

So who'd he steal his fortune from?

Russia...... He sold all the gas and resources in the country and has been on a spending spree ever since, buying soccer teams and small islands!

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

5000 sq ft BEDROOM on your yacht
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
ridiculous

He owns a private Boeing 767-33A/ER (registration P4-MES, registered in Aruba), known as "The Bandit" due to its cockpit paint detail. Originally the aircraft wasordered by Hawaiian Airlines but the order was cancelled and Abramovich bought it from Boeing and refitted it to his own requirements.

In 2004 Abramovich bought two Maybach 62 limousines. He had thesecustomized to be bomb proof and have bullet-proof glass. They were reported to have cost him £1 million.[sup][69][/sup] Abramovich also owns a Ferrari FXX, a $2.2 million dollar race-only car, of which only 30 were built. He also ownsa Bugatti Veyron (blue on black), Maserati MC12 Corsa, Ferrari 360 and a modified Porsche Carrera GT.

He is known outside Russia as the owner of Chelsea Football Club, an English Premier League football team, and for his wider involvement in European football.

dude is living the life
laugh.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom