Ryan Braun Wins NL MVP

Even though Braun is my 2nd favorite player (behind Albert), Kemp did get robbed. Forget about the new contract, I thought Matty had it.
30t6p3b.gif

Just hear me out.
If Braun plays in those extra 40 at bats his numbers would be much more closer to Kemps.  Also Braun couldn't free swing every time for a home run(Kemp struck out 70 more times than Braun), he was too busy chasing a division title.  On the stolen bases part, Braun couldn't run whenever he wanted to like Kemp could.  Being behind Fielder you better make sure your going to be safe.  Kemp got caught stealing twice as much as Braun.  

Yall dudes are blinded by the fact that he hit for 39hrs and stole 40bases when Braun would have been right there if he didn't miss over 10 games.  Take off your blinders.

Wisconsin 4 Life wrote:
Just hear me out.

If Braun plays in those extra 40 at bats his numbers would be much more closer to Kemps.  Also Braun couldn't free swing every time for a home run(Kemp struck out 70 more times than Braun), he was too busy chasing a division title.  On the stolen bases part, Braun couldn't run whenever he wanted to like Kemp could.  Being behind Fielder you better make sure your going to be safe.  Kemp got caught stealing twice as much as Braun.  

Yall dudes are blinded by the fact that he hit for 39hrs and stole 40bases when Braun would have been right there if he didn't miss over 10 games.  Take off your blinders.

Once is not enough. 

Wisconsin 4 Life wrote:
Just hear me out.

Wisconsin 4 Life wrote:
Just hear me out.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

If Braun plays in those extra 40 at bats his numbers would be much more closer to Kemps.  Take off your blinders.

First of all, he didn't.  Second of all, how do you know that?  
Who's to say that Braun doesn't slump and Kemp wins the Triple Crown?
Kemp was more "valuable" to his team. 
The Brewers had 2 legitimate MVP candidates on their team.  Hitting next to each other!

-J-

I'll play the "what if" game...a dodgers/nats game was rained out and never made up, if that game is played maybe he gets 40/40 and ups his average a few points. Maybe Braun plays those 10 games and lowers his average....we might have seen 40/40 and a triple crown. But that's not how it played out. Braun had a great MVP-caliber season yeah, but Kemps was so damn epic, and this close to historic...I dunno. I may just be a homer though.

That's why the baseball writers vote and not Niketalk.  GG.  See ya next season, where Braun will out perform Kimp again.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

That's why the baseball writers vote and not Niketalk.  GG.  See ya next season, where Braun will out perform Kimp again.

But, he didn't outperform him this season...

I saw Tim Kurkjian saying that Matt Kemp had the better season but Braun got extra credit points for being on a contending team.  So why don't they just put a rule that you have to vote for a player on a playoff team?  I'm tired of hearing a player is better but you can't vote for him because his team wasn't in the playoffs.  Baseball's a team game, it takes more than one player to make the postseason.  There have been exceptions before (A-Rod winning on the Rangers).

Back
Top Bottom