Ryan Clark takes a shot (no Bosley) at SAS's hairline....open season on ESPN employees continues

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

He took a hairline jab it can't be that serious. Where all the people that said the athletes should just take it at? If my hairline was as jacked as SAS and somebody commented on it I wouldn't be upset. You know when cats done hit a nerve. Last thing just cause you use big words when they aren't neccesarily needed don't mean jack and I like SAS.

Agreed but SAS took exception to the misrepresentation of his words not the hairline jab.  I think both were unnecessary.  

We aren't blind though, SAS's hairline jacked up, lol.
He publicly took exception to the misrepresentation but it was more than that. You don't get that mad over somebody putting words in your mouth esp if your over 40 like he said. I know some of it was cause of the other stuff but I think it was more closer to 50/50 than SAS publicly said. Skip look like spliff star on busta coat tails though and I agree why not say that stuff when he was there skip? I gotta stop thinking people are going to react the same cause me that would have been 1 min response if that not that super sayen rant he went on killing roaches with tanks. He should be better than that Mr eloquent speaker guy.

Dont have a problem with what SAS said, was completely in his right to defend himself, and can understand why he would be offended by Clark's comments.

Skip on the other hand, his character has been completely revealed in the past week or so, starting with the High School stuff. To s___ on Ryan Clark after the fact the way he did, after the man was on the facility for 2 fulls days, is a 100% vaginal move. According to Clark, Skip was the one who decided to make Ryan's qualms about Skip into on-air topics, so to flip that around on him just for the sake of piling on, foul play.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The thing is this... At the end of the day sports reporters and talk radio personalities will always get the last word.

So it doesn't matter how you address the matter at hand, they will always get the last word. You're better off taking the stance that they don't exist.
Twitter/Internet are giving these athletes a chance to fight back though.

somewhere right now, Kwame Brown is smiling like a little school girl giggling while wearing a Ryan Clark jersey

I hope Ryan knocks sas in the "mouf". Dude's had it coming for a long time. Wish he'd knock skip in the "mouf" too, multiple times. Is anyone really surprised by any of this though? ESPN loves drama (as any other network does) & they love their on-air talent to be extra douchey. They got a looooong/sorted history of their on-air talent having all kinds of problems.

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

It's unfortunate that Ryan misrepresented SAS words. I can appreciate SAS response, you never want someone to misrepresent your statements. I thought Ryan did a great job on ESPN when he was there. There was no need to take a jab at SAS personally. I read all the tweets Ryan has tweeted about the situation, smh. "Ill be the last athlete he tries in that way" Really? You want to fight SAS now? C'mon, smh.
My thoughts exactly.

You can tell who watches the show and who doesn't just by how serious some of you guys are responding.
laugh.gif

Its an "opinionated" show and they have guest speakers all the type for entertainment and it makes for good television/podcasts....and SAS makes fun of his own hairline to begin with so its not even a big deal.
laugh.gif

That video was hilarious but First Take has become a complete joke, intentionally and unintentionally. Rarely watch it now.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The thing is this... At the end of the day sports reporters and talk radio personalities will always get the last word.

So it doesn't matter how you address the matter at hand, they will always get the last word. You're better off taking the stance that they don't exist.

Thats what Lebron been doing to Skip for years. He keeps tryna bait Lebron but dude will never bite. He wont gain nothing by going back and fourth with Skip. In the Ryan Clark/SAS case I agree with SAS. He didnt say all former players he said some aint fit to be on T.V. You can watch NBA TV to see the proof.

I feel SAS's point and Ryan Clark's as well. Ryan was kinda foul for going at SAS when he wasn't there but I blame Skip/producers more for taking advantage of all this in the sake of ratings/argument. Ryan Clark's tweets are all I needed to see, Skip Bayless took advantage of the entire situation by suggesting they debate this stuff on the show

I honestly hate most sports journalist. They're just as arrogant & narcissistic as the athletes they cover especially sas. It's funny that he has to bring up the issue of being black in order to lend himself some so-called credibility. It had nothing to do with the argument in question & yet he felt compelled to bring it up.

He argues about making things personal yet he's made so many of his rants personal while infusing either play or geniune anger to help get his point across. He's one of the many reasons why I've stopped watching ESPN for the most part.  

Originally Posted by psk2310

I honestly hate most sports journalist. They're just as arrogant & narcissistic as the athletes they cover especially sas. It's funny that he has to bring up the issue of being black in order to lend himself some so-called credibility. It had nothing to do with the argument in question & yet he felt compelled to bring it up.

He argues about making things personal yet he's made so many of his rants personal while infusing either play or geniune anger to help get his point across. He's one of the many reasons why I've stopped watching ESPN for the most part.  
SAS goes hard and black athletes as if his behavior on ESPN is something to be admired. I'm pretty much convinced that most of the black people First Take hires are there to say stuff about blacks that whites won't get away with. In other words, let's "negro-fy" the show so that we won't be viewed as racists. Rob Parker and SAS are simply embarrassing. They are not helping the image of the black reporter/journalist. And SAS, just because you have been a journalist for 20 years doesn't mean you good at it. I been reading some of Bomani Jones work and dude blows SAS out the water. I also respect Jason Whitlock opinion even though I don't agree with everything he writes.

In the war of words, SAS lost. Dude spent 20 min minimizing Ryan Clark the player and analyst. If he's such non-factor why are even discussing what he said. That's a bit contradictory to me. Using "big words" doesn't make you sound more intelligent or helps convey your message clearly and more succinctly. All it means that you are using "big words".

Skip is an even bigger d-bag than I thought. Ryan was there for two days and don't address him at all. So you wait for SAS to get there before you get tough. In the words of Pac "You ain't s**t without ya homeboys." That's real Robin of you.

Originally Posted by psk2310

SAS goes hard on black athletes as if his behavior on ESPN is something to be emulated. I'm pretty much convinced that most of the black people First Take hires are there to say stuff about blacks that whites won't get away with. In other words, let's "negro-fy" the show so that we won't be viewed as racists. Rob Parker and SAS are simply embarrassing. They are not helping the image of the black reporter/journalist. And SAS, just because you have been a journalist for 20 years doesn't mean you good at it. I been reading some of Bomani Jones work and dude blows SAS out the water. I also respect Jason Whitlock opinion even though I don't agree with everything he writes.

In the war of words, SAS lost. Dude spent 20 min minimizing Ryan Clark the player and analyst. If he's such non-factor why are even discussing what he said. That's a bit contradictory to me. Using "big words" doesn't make you sound more intelligent or help convey your message clearly and or more succinctly. All it means that you are using "big words".

Skip is an even bigger d-bag than I thought. Ryan was there for two days and don't address him at all. So you wait for SAS to get there before you get tough. In the words of Pac "You ain't s**t without ya homeboys." That's real Robin of you.

Give me Byron Burwell, David Alridge, Terrence Moore, William Rhoden, & Ron Thomas (who is the director of Morehouse's Journalism and Sports) instead of sas any day. They handle themselves with intelligence, grace, dignity, & respect 24/7 something sas has always lacked.

Wasn't Ryan Clark the dude on the Steelers who called Tom Brady out during the Moss era...then the Patriots ran through the Steelers like no one's business that game?
edit: nvmind it was 2nd stringer Anthony Smith

Back
Top Bottom