Sacramento?!

Where the ratchet yambs at?  Headin up there for the weekend for work. Lookin for a venue Saturday night that yields a high % chance of me bringing something back to the hotel. 
nerd.gif

What's up fam. I'm from LA but Ima be in Sac for the first time Thurs Dec 5th and maybe Friday also. Don't know much about the place and was wondering if y'all could give me some tips on places I might wanna visit and def some food places.
Preciate it!

What's up fam. I'm from LA but Ima be in Sac for the first time Thurs Dec 5th and maybe Friday also. Don't know much about the place and was wondering if y'all could give me some tips on places I might wanna visit and def some food places.
Preciate it!
Food:

Dad's Kitchen on Freeport Blvd

Chicago Fire Downtown

Chando's Tacos on Power Inn and Fruitridge

Place:

Capitol

Old Sac

Downtown bar scene is cool too

Old Sac is beautiful at night especially during the winter. Christmas lights, river, many places to walk alone,  ice rink by the mall. My go to spot.

The Ice rink should be up by then, short walk from old sac.

Where the ratchet yambs at?  Headin up there for the weekend for work. Lookin for a venue Saturday night that yields a high % chance of me bringing something back to the hotel. 
nerd.gif

by arden fair mall

muirway
Ended up join to K-Bar and Pizza Rock downtown.  First time going out in downtown Sac and I was pleasantly surprised. 

Waaaaaaaaay more cracking in terms of number of people out and diversity than downtown Oakland. 

K-St. Nightlife Stays packed, I swear it's become more crowded and crowded as time goes by....ha a lot of good times at Social lol been awhile since I've been, oh yea the Calamari at Pizza rock though? SLAMMIN!

Last edited:
^thanks my man I appreciate the help!

Any suggestions on places to go with a date?
For a date:

Dinner-
Melting pot (fondue) $$$
Mulvaney's B & L (American) $$$
Mamma Susannas ristorante italiano (italian,duh) $$

Tres Hermanas (mexican)$$

Breakfast/brunch-
Tower Cafe $$
Cafe Bernardo $$
Fox & Goose (English)$$

uhhh check out Sandra Dees if you haven't already. It's soul food. I really enjoy it. I usually get the 4 item combo. Feeds 2 and there's always leftovers.

sandwich joints:
roxies in midtown
corti bros by sac state/east sac

Sushiritto is opening up by Franklin High School in Elk Grove tomorrow.

La estrella taqueria by CRC in Elk Grove is good as well. $1 tacos during happy hour Monday - Thursday 3-7PM

La soga taqueria off of east pkwy in South Sacramento
Damn this post makes me feel like a fatass haha

Last edited:

For a date:

Dinner-
Melting pot (fondue) $$$
Mulvaney's B & L (American) $$$
Mamma Susannas ristorante italiano (italian,duh) $$

Tres Hermanas (mexican)$$

Breakfast/brunch-
Tower Cafe $$
Cafe Bernardo $$
Fox & Goose (English)$$

uhhh check out Sandra Dees if you haven't already. It's soul food. I really enjoy it. I usually get the 4 item combo. Feeds 2 and there's always leftovers.

sandwich joints:
roxies in midtown
corti bros by sac state/east sac

Sushiritto is opening up by Franklin High School in Elk Grove tomorrow.

La estrella taqueria by CRC in Elk Grove is good as well. $1 tacos during happy hour Monday - Thursday 3-7PM

La soga taqueria off of east pkwy in South Sacramento
Damn this post makes me feel like a fatass haha
What the heck? Sushiritto is opening out in Elk Grove???

My mistake, it is the same concept as sushiritto, but their store name is wrap and roll. The grand opening wasn't today either. My friend said the owner is setting the date for their grand opening this Friday. Ill keep yall updated.

Full time. Been with my current employer 7 years, and the issue is lack of hours and just not a good company to work for.

A lot of IT/Engineering jobs just opened for the state...That hasn't occurred for about 4-5 years.

Last edited:
Man I'm still applying out here, been to a couple of interviews, applying for just about everything but keep getting rejected. Idk why I think my credentials are pretty good so idk what these companies are looking for. I've applied to everything from Target, Walmart, to data entry jobs, to genaral you name it!

Just keep applying everywhere you get a chance to and be patient. I'm sure you guys will be able to get a job in Sacramento soon. The job market is slowly growing out here. Have you guys tried applying for state jobs? I know there are a lot of openings available. 

Also I like how this thread is still being kept up by some folks. Who's tryna link up though? Hit up a bar or something? All my homies are back at home so I'm always with my girl. Any Pacquiao fans out here watching the fight Saturday?

I personally haven't. Where can I go to look up listings?
Click Here. You can search all job openings within the State. Check if they're offering an exam for a Staff Services Analyst position. Just be patient, man. You'll get an offer soon enough.

And I hope Pacman wins...But I think he may lose again. lol

Back
Top Bottom