Sad News...one of my best friends, Big Fame One has passed away

frown.gif
R.I.P

Rest In Peace to BIG FAME ONE, Sydni Yoshi, Allon Iny.

You will never be forgotten.

Crazy how something as simple as a new pair of shoes can turn into a lifetime friendship.

and how you've never "met" anybody, but feel like you know them through the Internet.

YO!
Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Yes everyone, BFO was smashing.

laugh.gif

I remember one of our FIRST convos, dude hit me with the direct connect on AIM. Sent me some pics of some shorty in the nude... with a Heineken bottle.
eek.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Still got them joints somewhere on the hard drive.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by FriscoHusla

I talked to Joe (Bastitch) today, and floated an idea for a small memorial service (or gathering) for all the NorCal NTers who were fortunate enough have known and met Jake. Nothing is set in stone but I really feel that we should do something in memory of the man. I wish I had the funds to take trip to Seattle but I am unemployed right now. Unless some of yall want to buy some shoes off me. Anyway for the bay area folks (yall know who you are), get at me and lets try to plan something. Doesn't have to be anything official or fancy. We can just get some booze and hang out at my crib. I think Jake would've liked it that way.
Haven't seen you post in a minute. Prolly dont remember but, Bastitch took me with him to your spot aloooong *!% time ago where y'allthought I was his son
smh.gif
, I was like 16 at the time.

I do remember him posting and all but haven't met dude or spoke to him personally but I'd be down for that.

Seein/readin how some of you guys (who knew him) talk about BFO is touching. I wish all those who are in pain/sad the best.

jake was a great guy.

i always spoke with him about guns and sneakers.

we used to play many hours of COD4&5 on xbox,

he was even kind off enough to get me into his clan AoD

all i can say is im pretty sad and i miss my friend.

chris if theres anyway i can help out with anything

just shoot me an email, my address is probably in your spam folder.

From Jake's FB for people that are requesting it.

25 Random Facts about the guy who sent you this crap...

Friday, January 30, 2009 at 8:21pm

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.

1. I am 32 years old, and sometimes when I watch a scary movie I am uncomfortable stepping out of my bed. Who the hell knows whats underneath theer with a taste for man feet?

2. The single greatest thing I have ever done for myself, is learn to Scuba dive. There is nothing in my life I have enjoyed more, an I have soooooo much more to do.

3.The toughest person I have ever known, or ever will know is my Auntie Susie. When her mama was dying of cancer they slept in the same bed, she went to bed every night with her sick mom next to her knowing she may be the only one to wake up. That is guts.

4. Indian food is the best food. I know what you are thinking, but you are wrong.

5.I am so glad Obama won, but had to get off his mailing list. I sort of felt like I was being stalked.

6. I have a talent, maybe two even but the thing I am best at is changing the lyrics to songs to somehow make them dirty.

7. I sing ll the time when I am alone, in the shower, in the car, everywhere. I think everyone thinks they do this, I do it more, I sing on the toilet, I sing all the time. Mostly Springsteen and Bonnie Tyler.

8. I hate being alone. When I first got a place by myself everyone said how much I would enjoy learning more about myself. What I learned is I am way more fun when company is over.

9. I am not a good cook, I can make 5 or so meals very well. It is enough to feed me, and maybe even trick a date into thinking I am a good cook. I just hope she likes me a lot by the time I have to cook a sixth meal.

10. Lots of girls I have dated fall hard for me, most of them are really glad it did not last. Many of them tell me they don't see me being with anyone long term. Often I told them that from the start.

11. I am not even remotely religious, one could go as far as to say I am anti-religion BUT I read more religious texts, and histories than anyone I know (Well except for Joe). The historical side of religion is very interesting to me.

12. I hate sleeping in a bed with a girl. I don't think I have ever gotten a good night sleep with someone next to me. Sometimes it is better than awful, and when that happens I am amazed, but it is never really good sleep. I am too afraid I will clock her with an elbow, or wake up with a mouth full of hair.

13. I am stunned at how many people are actually pulling for the god damn Stealers (That was not a type-o). Apparently these people would rather not support the Card's cause they think it is a fluke that they came out on top of our division. They are forgetting of course that the only time my Seahawks went to the Superbowl, they got beat by Pittsburgh. Seattle sports fans are mostly %++$%$@%.

14. I don't like soda, or pop, or whatever you want to call it. Nothing is as good as water.

16. Some people have so many pillows on their bed that they have to remove some to go to bed. I will never get that.

17. I am a bad pen pal, like the worst kind. Like I will never write you but I will be mad at you if I don't hear from you.

18. I still want to be a cowboy.

19. I am a a nerd. I used to think that was a bad thing.

20. I have a website. www.thewarfarecollective.com. The coolest thing about it to me is watching the site stats and seeing that we get hits from Hungary, Poland, South America, Africa, Japan, and many other places I can't spell.

21. I only wear Mariners hats and non sport related hats, as much as I like logos and lettering and appreciate other teams logos aesthetically I could never wear the hat of another team.

22. I am a lettering snob, calligraphy, but mistly graffiti has caused me to judge lettering really harshly. Most pro's can't even get it right.

23. I have almost zero smell. This comes in handy when hanging out with the "He who smelt it dealt it crowd".

24. I have spent much of my life almost obsessed with leaving my mark. I think that was my prime motivator in the world of graffiti, as well as with some of my behavior earlier in my life. I still want to be remembered but now I only want to be remembered by the people I care about, and that list gets smaller and more focused as you get older.

25. Colors are hard for me, as it turns out I am not color blind BUT I couldn't tell you what goes with what to save my life. Thank god for jeans and t-shirts and room mates willing to tell you if you can have a couch in the color you want.

It's crazy how life still happens on the internet. I've known that dude and chatted with him off and on since I've been here. A long time. R.I.P.,bro.

Damn, didn't know him personally but I remember chatting with him in the gun threads...RIP
frown.gif

Your acquaintance with us was brief in time, but significant in impact. You are already greatly missed.

He was probably the most frequent poster in the NW forum (as desolate as it is!). I probably got in it with him a few times but he will truly be missed.

13. I am stunned at how many people are actually pulling for the god damn Stealers (That was not a type-o). Apparently these people would rather not support the Card's cause they think it is a fluke that they came out on top of our division. They are forgetting of course that the only time my Seahawks went to the Superbowl, they got beat by Pittsburgh. Seattle sports fans are mostly %++$%$@%.

laugh.gif
i remember he wouldn't give me the satisfaction of admittingdefeat from superbowl XL, saying the refs stole it from his Seahawks... he hounded me about that for a few months after the fact like i was responsible for it.

I heard the news from Ijapino earlier this evening, but I'm still shocked and I'm not even sure what to say. I've read through all the pages onthis thread and I've laughed out loud at many of the stories and old memories. I love the fact that there's always something in a BFO-related threadthat makes me laugh--even during a moment such as this when laughing is the last thing I would imagine myself doing.

Wherever you are now, Jake, I hope you have as many laughs and adventures as you did while you were with us.

So, forget about resting in peace. May you rest in fame, Jake.

-MagsXL

Man I haven't posted here for quite some time.
I only heard about this today (through an RSS subscription to his blog).
To say I'm stunned is an understatement - I just can't believe that probably the most positive person I ever spoke to was taken.
Jake was always encouraging and optimistic - I was only speaking to him about a week ago and he was really upbeat about getting back into the water.
He was probably the funniest person I know as well. I loved his way with words - reading The Warfare Collective was great fun.
I actually never met him, but chatted on the phone in the brief time I lived in Boston. We'd chat a lot online and it was great to know him. Shame I nevergot to make that trip to seattle like we talked about.

RIP Seattles Finest. Big Fame One.
You are already missed.

Back
Top Bottom