Sal Alosi's 'Tripgate' vol. Only the Jets / Suspended / Alosi has "resigned"

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

The Jets decision not to immediately fire Alosi seems to lend credence to the conspiracy theories that strength and conditioning coaches were instructed to stand along the sidelines. I mean it's not that difficult to replace a strength and conditioning coach. Good ones can have a big impact on a football team, but if Alosi was a truly great strength and conditioning coach, the Jets would've promoted him sooner, instead he left the Jets in 2006 to take the head spot with Falcons (came back to the Jets a year later).
Yep. More and more people are saying that was definitely instructed and it makes sense. They are all toe to toe, shoulder to shoulder. Guys are saying some teams coach that...

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

The Jets decision not to immediately fire Alosi seems to lend credence to the conspiracy theories that strength and conditioning coaches were instructed to stand along the sidelines. I mean it's not that difficult to replace a strength and conditioning coach. Good ones can have a big impact on a football team, but if Alosi was a truly great strength and conditioning coach, the Jets would've promoted him sooner, instead he left the Jets in 2006 to take the head spot with Falcons (came back to the Jets a year later).
Yep. More and more people are saying that was definitely instructed and it makes sense. They are all toe to toe, shoulder to shoulder. Guys are saying some teams coach that...

Think logically here. He wasn't fired because he'd start singing like Whitney Houston and it'd be alot of #*%% behind the scenes would be exposed.

If anything, he got his fine paid for and came home to a new Ford Focus parked in his driveway.

Think logically here. He wasn't fired because he'd start singing like Whitney Houston and it'd be alot of #*%% behind the scenes would be exposed.

If anything, he got his fine paid for and came home to a new Ford Focus parked in his driveway.

Yea been saying this... The Jets are just trying to make it look like they came down hard on guy but really hes gettin a few months vaca and that "$25k fine" will be made up for under the table.

Yea been saying this... The Jets are just trying to make it look like they came down hard on guy but really hes gettin a few months vaca and that "$25k fine" will be made up for under the table.

So what if they were instructed...just read an article that Special Teams Pro Bowler Steve Tasker say they do that all the time. It's not like it's illegal or breaking some unwritten rule (stealing signs etc)...

but the trip was blatant and dude shoulda been fired

So what if they were instructed...just read an article that Special Teams Pro Bowler Steve Tasker say they do that all the time. It's not like it's illegal or breaking some unwritten rule (stealing signs etc)...

but the trip was blatant and dude shoulda been fired

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

came home to a new Ford Focus parked in his driveway.
I take offense to that! I drive a Focus
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
(not by choice though, my parents bought the car).

came home to a new Ford Focus parked in his driveway.
I take offense to that! I drive a Focus
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
(not by choice though, my parents bought the car).

Jets saying Alosi was the one who instructed the forming of the 'wall'.

not buying that.

Jets saying Alosi was the one who instructed the forming of the 'wall'.

not buying that.

@wingoz: Jets suspend Sal Alosi indefinately after learning he instructed five players to form wall on sidelines

@wingoz: Jets suspend Sal Alosi indefinately after learning he instructed five players to form wall on sidelines

Yeah, I call BS on the Jets.  Not firing him and letting the League do all the discipline?  Ryan was involved.  Maybe not directly ordering it, but hinting to a coordinator or something so he can keep "plausible deniability."

The denial bothers me more than them ordering a wall.  And I'm fine with the current punishment.  I don't think firing is absolutely necessary, altho I wouldn't protest if they did fire him.  Players get away with murder.  Suspending for a game is already considered an extreme step.  All in all, this was stupid, but overall not that bad of an action (versus, say rape, DUI, etc).

Yeah, I call BS on the Jets.  Not firing him and letting the League do all the discipline?  Ryan was involved.  Maybe not directly ordering it, but hinting to a coordinator or something so he can keep "plausible deniability."

The denial bothers me more than them ordering a wall.  And I'm fine with the current punishment.  I don't think firing is absolutely necessary, altho I wouldn't protest if they did fire him.  Players get away with murder.  Suspending for a game is already considered an extreme step.  All in all, this was stupid, but overall not that bad of an action (versus, say rape, DUI, etc).

People now startin to see that the Jets had somethin to do with it? 

I wish it would go away though, the kid is alright, I'm sure the Jets will cover Sal one way or another, move on to the next game. 

Maybe next year something will happen between the two teams to clear the matter. 

People now startin to see that the Jets had somethin to do with it? 

I wish it would go away though, the kid is alright, I'm sure the Jets will cover Sal one way or another, move on to the next game. 

Maybe next year something will happen between the two teams to clear the matter. 

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Yup, you know players are going to chip in and make sure that 25k, plus the rest of his salary is in tact.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Yup, you know players are going to chip in and make sure that 25k, plus the rest of his salary is in tact.

roll.gif
I KNEW someone instructed it. I don't believe it was him and he's just a scapegoat, but I told some of you dense fools.
laugh.gif

Where are folks like JPZ? Acting like that was a "coincidental" wall.

roll.gif
I KNEW someone instructed it. I don't believe it was him and he's just a scapegoat, but I told some of you dense fools.
laugh.gif

Where are folks like JPZ? Acting like that was a "coincidental" wall.

Originally Posted by Durden7

laugh.gif
@ anyone literally believing they were told to form a wall and trip someone. 

If OP wasnt a Dolphins homer, this wouldnt be a discussion.
Hey, buddy, you can come in here and admit you were wrong.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

laugh.gif
@ anyone literally believing they were told to form a wall and trip someone. 

If OP wasnt a Dolphins homer, this wouldnt be a discussion.
Hey, buddy, you can come in here and admit you were wrong.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom