(((((SAN DIEGO THREAD - POST ALL SD INFO HERE)))))

i think Dean was losing confidence in Marty because of Cam and Wade leaving. soo in 2007 both SD teams will start the season with new a head coach + managers. *sigh*

if they were going to fire marty, then they should've done it right after the playoff loss. if we had done that, then there would have been a plethora of head coaching candidates available for us, including our four assitant coaches that left. now, we're the only team with a head coaching opening with free agency and draft coming very soon. most of the premiere coaching candidates are gone and we're going to be at a scramble to find a coach. it's incredibly bad timing and is contradictory to the whole "continuity" point that dean spanos said that he wanted to keep when he initially kept marty as head coach.

why didn't spanos prepare for the possibility of so many coaches leaving? i mean, wade and cam have been viable head coaching candidates for a while now and they couldn't have been stopped from leaving as NFL rules don't let teams prevent coaches from interviewing for head coaching jobs, but we could have denied the niners and browns permission from interviewing greg manusky and rob chudzinski for the coordinator jobs they obtained. this was some bad management and preparation by the chargers organization.

it's just a sticky situation. if marty was expected to go to the super bowl and nothing less next season, then what should we expect from the new head coach?

these are just a few names that have come to mind [ranked by who i would like to be HC]..
rex ryan [defensive coordinator baltimore ravens]
russ grimm [assistant head coach/offensive line coach of arizona cardinals, previously pittsburgh steelers]
norm chow [offensive coordinator tennessee titans]
mike martz [offensive coordinator detroit lions, former st. louis rams head coach]
steve mariucci [former san francisco 49ers & detroit lions head coach]

i don't want mariucci but i've read many rumors about him being interested in the job.
F/S: Size 10.5 Beams x Creative Recreation Cesario High Black/Ostrich

Number 1 reason why the Chargers won't win anything?

The Spanos Family.

I am @#%$ pissed right now.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant​
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1​
4L8O15S16T23!42

I think this is a good move for our Chargers. Schottenheimer is a proven LOSER in the playoffs and Martyball is not a myth.

I think Charger fans should chill out.

With Marty as our coach, how many playoff games have we won? We had the best team in the league this year and still couldnt get it done.

Its no mistake that the guy hasnt faired well in the playoffs.

I dont like AJ's stubborn attitude any more than the next guy, but he has put together our greatest team that we have seen. (No disrespect to the late 70s/early 80s Air Coryell teams). I say as Charger fans, lets see who he brings in and not get so testy at the moment. The Chargers will be fine and back in the playoffs next year.

Quote:
With Marty as our coach, how many playoff games have we won?
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
4L8O15S16T23!42

Did the Colts fire Dungy after several extremely disappointing playoff trips after having amazing regular seasons?

NO.

Look what happened, they finally got the pieces they needed to win the chip.

SMH at San Diego sports front offices. I guess you guys don't remember Gilbride and Riley... at least Marty had passion and EFFING backbone.

LT, Gates, Merriman and the crew LOVED Marty, probably the main reason he wasn't fired after the Patriots loss. I wonder what they are thinking now.

All of your twelve are belong to us.

AJ and the Spanos family will hire a head coach that they can push over.

Jimmy Johnson? No way. He is no pushover. Look what happened between him and Jerry Jones in Dallas.

Bill Cowher? He's a pupil of Marty. Dude has a back bone and I'm pretty sure he and AJ will be butting heads.

Bill Parcells? Dude needs to stay retired, and even if he is hired, I can guarantee that he and AJ would be butting heads also.

TeamLakers
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant​
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1​
4L8O15S16T23!42

Yeah, it would be nice to have Pete Carroll, but if Pete is going leave USC, he's going to want control in the Chargers organization, and knowing AJ as the GM, he's not going to give Pete that leisure.

Don't get me wrong, AJ can pick talent and can build a great team, but when has he or even when he was an understudy under Butler(RIP), never built a Championship team.

Butler and AJ built a contending team in Buffalo but never won jack.

Looks like it's turning out to be the same in SD. I hope I'm wrong.
TeamLakers
4L8O15S16T23!42

Padres+big bat in left field+Bochy = NL West champs and more

Chargers+legit safety+McCardell replacement+Marty and old crew = NFL Champs

Now, we will be stuck watch .500 sports again.

The Pads didn't sign a power bat in left OR third, we let Dave Roberts go, we signed ANOTHER Giles brother and we continue to play money ball with Bud Black,

The Bolts wait until the last moment to fire Marty, will probably give Turner up for a couple picks and the team will end up in LA.

Gotta love San Diego.

Hahaha......come on now. Do you honestly think that with the best and one of the youngest rosters in the NFL essentially all returning next year, that the Chargers will have a bad season? I highly doubt that. With the likes of LT, Gates, Rivers, Merriman, Castillo, etc. on the team, you retain the core and cohesion amongst the players, and the same hunger to win. Even with a new set of coaches, I don't believe that there is another team out there that'll match up well against San Diego next season. Furthermore, look at the AFC West. Who is going to dethrone the Bolts? Hahaha. Theyll make it deep into the playoffs and possibly be there for the SB.
Are you satisfied with the life you're living?

Quote:
Even with a new set of coaches, I don't believe that there is another team out there that'll match up well against San Diego next season. Furthermore, look at the AFC West. Who is going to dethrone the Bolts?
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
4L8O15S16T23!42

Wait James is a Charger fan?

Where have you been all season?

:tongue:
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Just kidding bro.

I guess Dennis and I are playing the role of pessimistic Charger fans... but from my experience throughout my Charger fan life, it is the only thing you can be hahaha.

Quote:
I guess Dennis and I are playing the role of pessimistic Charger fans... but from my experience throughout my Charger fan life, it is the only thing you can be hahaha.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
4L8O15S16T23!42

Quote:
Wait James is a Charger fan?

Hahaha....you didnt know Ben! Just because I'm a newbie here and don't have the multi-post cred like you and other folks, doesn't mean that I don't rep SD teams.

Quote:
Nothing is guaranteed.

Exactly, but at this point I would rather go with optimism rather than be down and project the Bolts to finish 3rd or last in the division like the majority of the NFL experts did last year.... and that was with Marty, Cam, and Wade.

Quote:
I honestly find nothing to be excited about except watch LT light it up on the field next season.

Hmmm. Im looking forward to seeing LT run wild again, Rivers maturing and getting even better, Gates continuing to dominate, Merriman playing a full season and hopefully getting Defensive Player of the Year, Neal still running through fools, etc..and the possibility of the stadium coming to Oceanside....hahahaha!!!

Quote:
The talent is there but that really doesn't mean anything if your team cannot execute.
Are you satisfied with the life you're living?

Quote:
and the possibility of the stadium coming to Oceanside
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Quote:
Im just choosing to be more upbeat and hope for the best
tongue.gif
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
4L8O15S16T23!42

Hey James I didn't call you a newbie, I called you a bandwagoner.

Before you hit me with your tsinelas, sell me your Olympic VIs for 150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hit up Wangs and Thangs fool.

Back
Top Bottom