San Francisco Giants vs. Florida Marlins Series Thread (5/23 - 5/25)

Game 1 Starting Pitchers: Barry Zito vs. Scott Olsen

[table][tr][th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]S. Olsen Fla
7585.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-8[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]4-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.25[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.82[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]27[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]26[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.90[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.17[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Record[/th] [th=""]Standings[/th] [th=""]Away/Home[/th] [th=""]Streak[/th] [th=""]L10[/th] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]19-29[/td] [td]3rd West[/td] [td]Away 8-14[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida[/td] [td]27-19[/td] [td]1st East[/td] [td]Home 16-11[/td] [td]Won 3[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][/table]

Omar Vizquel is only 2 games shy of tying Luis Aparicio for most games played at the shortstop position and three away from owning the record himself. Apariciohas played in 2,583 games and Omar is 2,581.

Well, we have Zito on the mound this afternoon and I'm rooting for Barry. I hope he can get his first win today and finally leave a dent in the win column.

Go Giants and go Zito!
pimp.gif

Zito will pitch well. I hope. Keep starting Vizquel...The man is hungry to play. And please give me more Bowker...Not Orty.

I'm a pity fan of the them..so all I gotta say is, GO Marlins!

Vizquel had won nine straight Gold Gloves in the American League from 1993-2001, but a knee injury wiped out his run. He returned to golden form in his first National League season, becoming the 10th player -- and the first shortstop -- to win Gold Gloves in both leagues. Only Ozzie Smith (13) has more among shortstops.

But what really made the award memorable to Vizquel was that he broke a tie with Luis Aparicio, the only Venezuelan in the Hall of Fame. Vizquel grew up in Venezuela.

"I think this is the most emotional Gold Glove I have except the first one," said Vizquel, who committed eight errors in 668 total chances and led all major league shortstops with a .988 fielding percentage. "Aparicio was my idol for a long time. He represents the shortstop tradition in Venezuela. And also, it was a new league for me. I didn't know what to expect. I wanted to play my best, and I think I did. I'm just really excited to win it."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20051104/ai_n15808215

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I don't think I've ever been so happy for a 1-8 record
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That is nothing when you were excited the Warriors were 1-18 back in 99. (I could be wrong with the record.) Haha.

Game 2 Starting Pitchers: Matt Cain vs. Burke Badenhop

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Badenhop Fla
preview
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]1-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.57[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]6.75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]53[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]32[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.43[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.59[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Record[/th] [th=""]Standings[/th] [th=""]Away/Home[/th] [th=""]Streak[/th] [th=""]L10[/th] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]20-29[/td] [td]3rd West[/td] [td]Away 9-14[/td] [td]Won 3[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida[/td] [td]27-20[/td] [td]1st East[/td] [td]Home 16-12[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [/tr][/table]
Go Giants!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

^ Dang, I should have put in fine print "in baseball"
laugh.gif

yo, who this skeezer in your avy paul?

Brenda Song.

illmaticsoulchild brought to my attention that I still had a Ramiele Malubay avy when I was saying Brenda >Ramiele in the TNT Pervert Cam thread
laugh.gif
. So I decided to change it.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

^ Dang, I should have put in fine print "in baseball"
laugh.gif

yo, who this skeezer in your avy paul?

Brenda Song.

illmaticsoulchild brought to my attention that I still had a Ramiele Malubay avy when I was saying Brenda > Ramiele in the TNT Pervert Cam thread
laugh.gif
. So I decided to change it.

yea, she's
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom