San Francisco Niketalkers, is this really how you guys are living?

I'm in awe of a turf war starting in 09 and referring to it as "back then". I'm sure Oakland/Bay Area had bigger issues well before then.

In my neighborhood in Richmond, CA.....we had AKP (All Kickin' Posse), SOD (Sons Of Death), COB (Color Of Blood) and even some fake gangs as well which was really just crews of friends trying to be cool. Gang culture was just so big in the mid 90s with LA being at the forefront and it was hard to not imitate that stuff. Oddly no one checked these gangs out here so you could essentially just claim red or blue and be a crip or blood without having a say OG get you in. It was odd times back then but a lot of fights and other BS happened as a result. Someone at my school was caught in a drive by when they were trying to kill his friend and he has a prosthetic arm as a result.

it does seem like things are slowing down a bit
i guess twitter planning another round of layoffs

Sponsored by the people raising the rent on yall ***.

LOL

Man, Mission dist. and Daly City are the only places in SF I feel like I can still run up in and feel some culture. The rest is just :x . SF is still a beautiful place and don't get it twisted. I've ran into some long term folks from Marin and whatnot who still hold it down and show that bay hospitality. :smokin

Oakland slipping and I can't believe the Rich is slippin. Out of all places, the rich man :smh:

depends on which part of mission
valencia has changed so much over the yrs, and those high rise condos throughout the mission really sticks out

Last edited:
Black hoods in the Bay were always about turf. There is no getting "jumped in" involved in turfs in the Bay. There is no recruitment or organization in Bay Area turfs as well. Its just cats claiming the block or projects where they grew up. Its not like LA where you have large gangs that control many different neighborhoods like various Blood and Crip Sets. There are no massive gangs around in predominantly black Bay turfs.   The only gangs like that flagging colors in the bay are Mexican gangs with Nortenos (red)  and Surenos (blue).  Most of all mexicans that bang in the bay are either Norteno or Sureno besides a smaller gang like the Border Brothers in Oakland.  The only very few crips in the Bay area are some Samoan and Cambodian crips which originates from the Long Beach Samoan and Cambodian Crip sets that moved up to the bay but they're not visible on the street level because the Mexican gangs don't play when it comes to flagging colors.  But once again Bay area hoods are more racially integrated and not segregated like LA so Mexicans, Asians, Samoans that live in the predominately black hoods would rep that hood rather than some ethnic gang.  Mexicans that were from Lakeview repped lakeview rather than banging Norteno.  Same with Asians and Samoans, Tongans from the projects/hoods in SF. 

Black hoods in the Bay were always about turf. There is no getting "jumped in" involved in turfs in the Bay. There is no recruitment or organization in Bay Area turfs as well. Its just cats claiming the block or projects where they grew up. Its not like LA where you have large gangs that control many different neighborhoods like various Blood and Crip Sets. There are no massive gangs around in predominantly black Bay turfs.   The only gangs like that flagging colors in the bay are Mexican gangs with Nortenos (red)  and Surenos (blue).  Most of all mexicans that bang in the bay are either Norteno or Sureno besides a smaller gang like the Border Brothers in Oakland.  The only very few crips in the Bay area are some Samoan and Cambodian crips which originates from the Long Beach Samoan and Cambodian Crip sets that moved up to the bay but they're not visible on the street level because the Mexican gangs don't play when it comes to flagging colors.  But once again Bay area hoods are more racially integrated and not segregated like LA so Mexicans, Asians, Samoans that live in the predominately black hoods would rep that hood rather than some ethnic gang.  Mexicans that were from Lakeview repped lakeview rather than banging Norteno.  Same with Asians and Samoans, Tongans from the projects/hoods in SF. 

Aye cuh most of your posts in this thread are filled with half truths lol. Where are you getting your info from b?

Last edited:
LOL

Man, Mission dist. and Daly City are the only places in SF I feel like I can still run up in and feel some culture. The rest is just :x . SF is still a beautiful place and don't get it twisted. I've ran into some long term folks from Marin and whatnot who still hold it down and show that bay hospitality. :smokin

Oakland slipping and I can't believe the Rich is slippin. Out of all places, the rich man :smh:
There's still places with culture. 3rd st., Clement St., Fillmore/Lower Haight, Irving St., Geary St., Judah/19th, San Bruno St., Bernal Heights. Excelsior St., Sutter St. Etc.

Last edited:
There's still places with culture. 3rd st., Clement St., Fillmore/Lower Haight, Irving St., Geary St., Judah/19th, San Bruno St., Bernal Heights. Excelsior St., Sutter St. Etc.

I can speak on Fillmore area since I live there. It has changed but at the same time, it still has the same vibes. People have moved into this area but we still have the locals still around. Just the other day, a party bus came through our area (a trolly train on wheels) full of white people and all these black ladies came running out of the nail salon started cussing at them to get outta here. But restaurants have definitely been coming in. Below is State Bird Provisions which is a Michelin rated restaurant now and even a small hole in the wall restaurant where it's a fixed menu for about $200 for two. All the so called "holes in the wall" restaurants are being killed off.

Clement is slowly getting taken over too. That was a cheaper area to live in but now I see just tons of non-asians strolling around in that area. It still has the cheap dim sum spots and what not but I am sure things could change there as well a lot more.

Lower Haight is definitely changing as well. There are some new spots there as well. Even when they opened up that CVS, it seemed to have made that area just feel different.

Regardless, the city is changing and even if some places are slower than others, it will eventually get to that point where it will be the same as most of the city.

I can speak on Fillmore area since I live there. It has changed but at the same time, it still has the same vibes. People have moved into this area but we still have the locals still around. Just the other day, a party bus came through our area (a trolly train on wheels) full of white people and all these black ladies came running out of the nail salon started cussing at them to get outta here. But restaurants have definitely been coming in. Below is State Bird Provisions which is a Michelin rated restaurant now and even a small hole in the wall restaurant where it's a fixed menu for about $200 for two. All the so called "holes in the wall" restaurants are being killed off.

Clement is slowly getting taken over too. That was a cheaper area to live in but now I see just tons of non-asians strolling around in that area. It still has the cheap dim sum spots and what not but I am sure things could change there as well a lot more.

Lower Haight is definitely changing as well. There are some new spots there as well. Even when they opened up that CVS, it seemed to have made that area just feel different.

Regardless, the city is changing and even if some places are slower than others, it will eventually get to that point where it will be the same as most of the city.
I feel like white people are just "discovering" Clement while before they were probably intimidated by it or didn't see anything special with Chinese neighborhood. I notice this happening to Judah near 19th too. Also, I feel like Upper Haight has always had this constantly changing vibe with all the street wear places popping up and restaurants opening and closing, don't live there though so my insight might be skewed. Gotta go to Fillmore more often before it becomes another Polk/Valencia. What ever happened to Ricky Bobby's at Upper Haight?

Dang, that sucks when this does happen.

I feel like white people are just "discovering" Clement while before they were probably intimidated by it or didn't see anything special with Chinese neighborhood. I notice this happening to Judah near 19th too. Also, I feel like Upper Haight has always had this constantly changing vibe with all the street wear places popping up and restaurants opening and closing, don't live there though so my insight might be skewed. Gotta go to Fillmore more often before it becomes another Polk/Valencia. What ever happened to Ricky Bobby's at Upper Haight?

I am not sure if it was intimidation or just proximity. I swear only like 5-7 years ago, I would hear people on occasion talking about how they live in The Richmond area that aren't Asian but now, it seems a lot more live in those areas and even in the Sunset which no one ever did since that is hardly "living in the city". Uber definitely helped with that whole thing and getting to and from those areas aren't a long bus ride away. I literally just spoke to an Indian girl that moved there this year. She is from Sacramento, moved into a 4 bedroom apartment with 3 other young non Asian girls and they live literally around 10th and Clement.

Fillmore doesn't really have the Polk experience since there are no real bars worth going to. People go there if you want to go see a concert at The Fillmore, dinners or go clubbing at Origin. I just heard too Origin sold it to another owner so they might lose the Asian club thing they have been doing. I even heard Thursdays are going to be 18 and up night. I am literally dreading it but I should be moving out of SF by the end of the year.

Question..which city is somewhat close within proximity (not more than an hour commute) that does not have outrageous rent prices???

Rickbobbys closed down last year. The main chef teamed up with Americana in the outer richmond and revamped the place/menu.

Question..which city is somewhat close within proximity (not more than an hour commute) that does not have outrageous rent prices???

Depends on what you mean by not outrageous. There are a lot of cheaper stuff out there outside of SF. You can get studios for less than $1200 no problem in areas like Berkeley, Oakland, etc. There is stuff out there for less than a grand but not sure if it comes with some issues:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/apa?max_price=1000&availabilityMode=0

My friend just rented in Pleasant Hill. Lives literally next to De La Salle and has a 1000 sqf apartment for $1600 and everything is fairly new and updated and in a safe area. I would say that is what you would expect to get to live outside of SF if you have mild standards on things.

What do you consider outrageous?

Because prices out in Fairfield and Vacaville are already ridiculous for the area. That's already a little over an hour away without traffic.

Depends on what you mean by not outrageous. There are a lot of cheaper stuff out there outside of SF. You can get studios for less than $1200 no problem in areas like Berkeley, Oakland, etc. There is stuff out there for less than a grand but not sure if it comes with some issues:

My friend just rented in Pleasant Hill. Lives literally next to De La Salle and has a 1000 sqf apartment for $1600 and everything is fairly new and updated and in a safe area. I would say that is what you would expect to get to live outside of SF if you have mild standards on things.

Probably pretty close to Pleasant Hill BART then, too...which is one of the better ones to be near.

I had a condo in that area near Coggins and the Iron Horse trail.

Damn, I may need to move to Pleasant Hill. My 1 bed 1 bath in Fairfield is $1900 :smh:

Damn, I may need to move to Pleasant Hill. My 1 bed 1 bath in Fairfield is $1900 :smh:
Sheesh! Rent must have shot up. I was renting a 4bd room house for $1600 3 years ago...

That was back when the housing market was still recovering. Fast forward to today and that house is probably in the mid $400k and up. I wasn't ready to buy back then but I am now, I'm hoping for another crash to lower these prices.

Back
Top Bottom