SAN JOSE PEOPLE, which theater is better?

If it's just between those two to choose from then Cupertino Square hands down. The only bad thing is that other than the theatre there's nothing elseto do or see at the mall.

Haven't been to Cupertino Square, but it's newer and nicer looking. However, like mentioned above, Cupertino Square/Vallco doesn't have anything.It's been in construction for the longest time.

As for Mercado, I can't stand random people yelling and trying to find parking at times.

thanks guys, as said in my original post, im just there strictly for the Academy Awards Marathon, since its the only one in the bay.

pimp.gif

mercado is only good because its open really late. other then that, i'd pick valco. cleaner and less boppers

I've never been to the Cupertino theatre, but I go to that general area a lot and that place is very, very boring...but if you're just gonna catch someflicks it's probably better there. There's a bowling alley nearby (Strike) that is way overpriced from what I hear that's supposed to be like atrendy club type place....but there are some pretty good sit-down restaurants around that area if you wanna eat before you catch a flick. Alexander's(pricey as hell), BJs, Merlion (don't sleep...it's actually pretty good), Elephant Bar, Benihana, and more...

^ Benihana is under construction. They'll re-open some time in the spring. Cupertino may be boring, but as a city it has the best public schools and homevalue compared to neighboring cities such as San Jose and Santa Clara. Cupertino Square and it's surrounding areas also has Alexander's Steakhouse,Todai. Wahoo's, TGIF and JT McHart's Pizza just to name a few. I've eaten in all those places and you can't go wrong with either.

Strike can be an expensive place to bowl, but if you want a nice place with a bar and lots of LCD screens in addition to bowling, then this place is for you.

Originally Posted by JAYMATIK

^ Benihana is under construction. They'll re-open some time in the spring. Cupertino may be boring, but as a city it has the best public schools and home value compared to neighboring cities such as San Jose and Santa Clara. Cupertino Square and it's surrounding areas also has Alexander's Steakhouse, Todai. Wahoo's, TGIF and JT McHart's Pizza just to name a few. I've eaten in all those places and you can't go wrong with either.

Strike can be an expensive place to bowl, but if you want a nice place with a bar and lots of LCD screens in addition to bowling, then this place is for you.
pimp.gif
I grew up in Sunnyvale, but I went to Homestead for high schoolso I consider myself from Cupertino since all my friends live in Cupertino. Yeah, it's a really good place to grow up, nothin major but just a nicecomfortable area to live in with everything you need to have a nice comfortable life.

Had no idea Benihana's was under construction, last December I passed by and it looked open...but I haven't been there since then so I wouldn'tknow what's happened since.

Cupertino Square isn't as crowded most of the time so sometimes you would get good seats. You don't have to worry about not finding parking but you dohave to walk a certain distance.

Back
Top Bottom