Saturday Night Live (SNL) Thread | 11:29 E/8:29 P on NBC

Nike Jordan

Supporter
I decided to make an "official" thread for the long-running sketch comedy because there really wasn't one.

And I definitely wasn't going to grave dig and bump up some old thread. :lol:

I'm gonna watch tonight bc Issa Rae's fine *** is on there.

Normally if I get around to watching SNL I watch up until Weekend Update. They always put the trash sketches after that segment.

I don't think they've had any sketches that hit so far. Weekend update is the only consistent thing.

Was watching that comedy store doc on Showtime and it just reminded me that mid 90s era with Jay Mohr had to be the worst. Luckily there were other sketch shows out.

SNL has graduated into legacy shows like the simpsons and Southpark for me.
I'll always have love for those shows but will only watch a few episodes here and there.
That being said I'm all in on the Adele/HER one

I don't listen to Jack White too much but he murdered his set. 1 min in he fell deep in the pocket.

Skinny Adele hosts Tonight. The debate in the cold open should be interesting. I'm a Jim Carrey fan, seen everything he's made, but I'm not diggin his Joe Biden. Too much Jim Carrey, not enough Biden. We'll see how it goes tho.

Another just ok show.

Weekend update strong as usual. 2 or 3 funny sketches.
I guess its starting to level off again? Watching it now. John Mulaney hosts next week Halloween. Hopefully it'll pick up. They seem to do better when a stand-up is hosting. I like his specials on Netflix so hopefully it'll be better.

I guess its starting to level off again? Watching it now. John Mulaney hosts next week Halloween. Hopefully it'll pick up. They seem to do better when a stand-up is hosting. I like his specials on Netflix so hopefully it'll be better.
I mean the season just started. To me this is the usual which has been that way for like a decade (I remember the rumors the show might get cancelled again). The show is funny to an extent but usually a bit corny and lame .

In my experience it has not reached its highs of being its funniest and that was when Will Ferrell, Tracy Morgan, Parnell, Hammond, Fey, Poehler, Gasteyer, etc. which was like 18 years ago.

And it'll probably never reach its funniest which was the Eddie Murphy years.

I expect Mulaney to be funny and he's a writer( and was one for the show) so maybe more funnier sketches than usual.

Back
Top Bottom