SCAMMED! ebay account 'hack' scam

hey all today I got a message from ebay letting me know a buyer I had sold an item to had their account hacked and that essentially my item I sold was gone....now I just checked and I still have the $, which is strange. maybe the 'buyer' has to request for the funds to be returned? Im actually not sure if the buyers account truly was hacked or if they are the ones doing the scam. But I do know for sure that the buyer has 160 all positive feedback, and thats the reason why I went against my better judgment and shipped to a different address than what was on the paypal payment (a big no no, I realize that) when the buyer asked to have it shipped to a different address I initially said no, and id have to refund them...but I had a change of heart after I checked their feedback and it was honestly just a lapse in judgement plus the item was only 15.00 shipped so i figured worst case im out 15.

when I tried finding out more info heres what I came up with
-google searching the buyers name I found the right name in the right city and apparently hes a 70 yr old dude with good income, which seems unlikely that a good earning (supposedly) 70 yr old is out here scamming for a $15 pin..
- the address I shipped to is a package forwarding service in port reading NJ....called Meest America...reading their reviews it looks like 90% of their business is shipping packages to scammers. so many comments just like mine, account hacked, yada yada... theyve got an F with the BBB.

might also be worth mentioning that the package was delivered today, and around the same time it was delivered I was notified by ebay about the fraud, which is a big red flag

honestly its not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have some sort of sense of what actually happened and to find out if I have any recourse at all. hopefully someone got something out of this post, I know I always find the scam posts so entertaining (not funny but entertaining and informative)
ive never lost a case before, but in this instance a case was never actually opened, just the transaction seems to have disappeared, like that item listing was just erased....like I said I still have the money, but im sure that will change....also its crazy that I hardly even sell on ebay anymore and out of a handfull of transactions I have had 3 instances where im bineg scammed or at least theyre trying. the other 2 issues were cases I won, for very high amounts, so if i gotta lose one im glad its this 15$.

You got got.

Luckily it was only $15. Be glad it was just that and take your L, unfortunately

latest

Back
Top Bottom