School Me on Disneyland please, the happiest place on earth...

Sucks and overpriced? You just can't afford to go. Disneyland is the place to go whether you're 10, 30, 50.

Sucks and overpriced? You just can't afford to go. Disneyland is the place to go whether you're 10, 30, 50.

Food:
Downtown Disney has a place called Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express. Pretty cheap. Somewhat like Popeye's.
White Water Snacks in The Grand California Hotel isnt too bad either and you don't have to be a guest in the hotel.

Shows:
Aladdin in CA Adventure is cool. Genie updates his jokes regularly.
World of Color is awesome. If you and you're friends are sentimental this show will have you in awe. But get fastpasses to have the best seats.
Depending on the season the fireworks is usually pretty good too. People start lining up in front of sleeping beauty's castle around 6:30 for a 9:30 show, though.
The soundsational parade isn't too shabby.
Same goes for fantasmic.

Rides:
Supposedly Star Tours has 6 different destinations show you have to ride it at least 6 times to fully experience it.
Space Mountain is the fastest ride in either of the parks, definitely my favorite.
Ride "Screaming" at CA. Second best ride there.
Indy gets overhyped for a relatively slow ride.
The new Little Mermaid ride in CA is cool. Just short for my liking.
Toy Story Mania is great.
So is Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.
When you get to Matterhorn take the left side of line, the right side has slower carts.
Splash Mountain at 11:30pm is great because they speed up the ride.
Big Thunder Railroad hurts. Seriously.
Soarin' Over California is pretty nice. Get to see the major California attractions.
Tower of Terror isn't as good as the hype makes it out to be. It's only good because of the story that it goes with.

Food:
Downtown Disney has a place called Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express. Pretty cheap. Somewhat like Popeye's.
White Water Snacks in The Grand California Hotel isnt too bad either and you don't have to be a guest in the hotel.

Shows:
Aladdin in CA Adventure is cool. Genie updates his jokes regularly.
World of Color is awesome. If you and you're friends are sentimental this show will have you in awe. But get fastpasses to have the best seats.
Depending on the season the fireworks is usually pretty good too. People start lining up in front of sleeping beauty's castle around 6:30 for a 9:30 show, though.
The soundsational parade isn't too shabby.
Same goes for fantasmic.

Rides:
Supposedly Star Tours has 6 different destinations show you have to ride it at least 6 times to fully experience it.
Space Mountain is the fastest ride in either of the parks, definitely my favorite.
Ride "Screaming" at CA. Second best ride there.
Indy gets overhyped for a relatively slow ride.
The new Little Mermaid ride in CA is cool. Just short for my liking.
Toy Story Mania is great.
So is Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.
When you get to Matterhorn take the left side of line, the right side has slower carts.
Splash Mountain at 11:30pm is great because they speed up the ride.
Big Thunder Railroad hurts. Seriously.
Soarin' Over California is pretty nice. Get to see the major California attractions.
Tower of Terror isn't as good as the hype makes it out to be. It's only good because of the story that it goes with.

I almost forgot... Regarding food, you can get a free sample of Sourdough bread from the Boudin's factory in DCA and right across the street is the Mission tortilla factory.  I hit those up every time I'm there to hold over my hunger.

I almost forgot... Regarding food, you can get a free sample of Sourdough bread from the Boudin's factory in DCA and right across the street is the Mission tortilla factory.  I hit those up every time I'm there to hold over my hunger.

I have an aunt who retired from the Disney Channel.

One of her retirment benefits, she can get herself and 3 others into disneyland for free. So I go whenever she's able to get me in.

Bring snacks if you have to hold you over if possible. Regular meals are expensive there.

Use the fast pass for all the major rides that have long lines such as Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones etc. No need to waste it on the small rides assuming they usually have decent wait times.

Kinda odd, four dudes are rolling there. It's usually fun taking a chick/girlfriend there, or even with family. Maybe Six Flags or even Knott's Berry Farm is more suited for you fellas.

I have an aunt who retired from the Disney Channel.

One of her retirment benefits, she can get herself and 3 others into disneyland for free. So I go whenever she's able to get me in.

Bring snacks if you have to hold you over if possible. Regular meals are expensive there.

Use the fast pass for all the major rides that have long lines such as Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones etc. No need to waste it on the small rides assuming they usually have decent wait times.

Kinda odd, four dudes are rolling there. It's usually fun taking a chick/girlfriend there, or even with family. Maybe Six Flags or even Knott's Berry Farm is more suited for you fellas.

to maximize the amount of attractions ridden/seen; ride and watch whats available to you at that time...by waiting in line for rides that you want...your spending the majority of your time at the park in lines instead of experiencing the disney atmosphere. check out miceage.com as well. they have a lot of helpful info there.

to maximize the amount of attractions ridden/seen; ride and watch whats available to you at that time...by waiting in line for rides that you want...your spending the majority of your time at the park in lines instead of experiencing the disney atmosphere. check out miceage.com as well. they have a lot of helpful info there.

just came back from dland this past weekend with  my girl. i literally hate that place. its 76 bucks a day for one park, unless u get the park hopper which is 101 and u can access both disneyland and disney california. Extremely overpriced, your looking at 60 bucks a day on food.

just came back from dland this past weekend with  my girl. i literally hate that place. its 76 bucks a day for one park, unless u get the park hopper which is 101 and u can access both disneyland and disney california. Extremely overpriced, your looking at 60 bucks a day on food.

Originally Posted by joeya23phx

I'm headed to Anaheim this weekend with 4 buddies and we're all going to Disneyland for the first time on Sunday. We're all 20 years old.
Any tips? Tricks? Ways to save a little bit of money? How about must see attractions and rides? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
Sinister background

Originally Posted by joeya23phx

I'm headed to Anaheim this weekend with 4 buddies and we're all going to Disneyland for the first time on Sunday. We're all 20 years old.
Any tips? Tricks? Ways to save a little bit of money? How about must see attractions and rides? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
Sinister background

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

If any of y'all are trying to get in to Club 33, it ain't worth the hype.
more details please. I was under the impression that was one of the most ballinest things one could do in life

Back
Top Bottom