School me on Monster Jam....you know those monster truck shows.

A good resource. Doubt there would be many old heads around here that watched them on TNT and ESPN back in the day but alot of old episodes can be found here

https://www.youtube.com/user/MTuncensored/videos
Monster trucks were my first interest in anything since I was three, and though it ebbed and flowed, now, whenever I feel bored and can't think of anything to do, I'll go right to watching any of these random 80s and 90s monster trucks races on YouTube.

Monster trucks were my first interest in anything since I was three, and though it ebbed and flowed, now, whenever I feel bored and can't think of anything to do, I'll go right to watching any of these random 80s and 90s monster trucks races on YouTube.
Same here man. ESPN used to have races everyday at 3:30

I would rush home, take out my toy cars, create a track using my bed and pillow, and simulate races while ESPN Motorsports was on.

Who were some of your favorite trucks?

Same here man. ESPN used to have races everyday at 3:30

I would rush home, take out my toy cars, create a track using my bed and pillow, and simulate races while ESPN Motorsports was on.
Damn straight. At night, I would even turn off all the lights except for a desk lamp to simulate a nighttime race. :lol:
Who were some of your favorite trucks?
Bigfoot, USA-1, Equalizer, Carolina Crusher, King Krunch, Jersey Outlaw, No Problem, Thunder Chicken, Buffalo Tremor, Taurus, just a bunch of 'em

Monster Jam he's on fire... oh wait.

I went to a show when I was 10 or so and while a bit entertaining I didn't really have a desire to go again. Still remember my friend saying how loud it was gonna be and that we'd need earplugs, didn't really believe him at first and just thought he was being a **** lol.

my son was always fascinated with monster trucks. when he was 3, we would go to 7-11 across the street and they had a few hot wheel monster trucks and he was fixated on grave digger. finally one day, i was feeling generous so i grabbed it for him. i'm sure my christian in-laws were mortified that he loved it so much.

That is practically true for all "official" Motor Sports right?
Somewhat.

Nascar, monster trucks, demolition derbys, NHRA, that one sport where they pull weight with tractors have a very specific white audience.

Moto GP, F1, Indy seem to have more of an international appeal.

Somewhat.

Nascar, monster trucks, demolition derbys, NHRA, that one sport where they pull weight with tractors have a very specific white audience.

Moto GP, F1, Indy seem to have more of an international appeal.
Internationally white though, right?

maybe it´s not ¨white¨ people as much as it is that it takes a fair bit of cash just to get into some sports...how many teenagers you know have a track car to practice with or $5,000 in hockey equipment for travel team?

at the other extreme is soccer, which may or may not need a ball, and boxing, which definitely does not.

I remember watching “Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines” as a kid. The motorized toy trucks were cool too.

Description
Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines is a 1985 animated TV mini-series that aired on the animated half-hour TV series Super Sunday and Super Saturday containing 9 segments that ran for 6 minutes each and every weekend, along with Jem, Robotix, and Inhumanoids.

The toy ads. I owned “The Warlord” corvette car.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom