school me on temp services

im tryna see how temp services work. do u need to have experience & how do they decide if they want u? basically i need to know everything, im down on my **** & i aint eatin right now. i need sum money real bad. im bout 1 step away from bein on that %*%@ #@$% & just kickin doors down 4real.

im tryna see how temp services work. do u need to have experience & how do they decide if they want u? basically i need to know everything, im down on my **** & i aint eatin right now. i need sum money real bad. im bout 1 step away from bein on that %*%@ #@$% & just kickin doors down 4real.

Depends what kind of work you are looking for...for example if you are looking for clerical work, once you go in there, they will test you on certain programs to see if you know how to use; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...

Depends what kind of work you are looking for...for example if you are looking for clerical work, once you go in there, they will test you on certain programs to see if you know how to use; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...

The agency will test your skill level and take a look at your experience and then decide which job fits you.  Some jobs you may have to interview for and some jobs they may just give you a description and send you to the place to start.  Some jobs are temp, some jobs are temp to hire after 90 days, and some are even permanent hire.  My last job was a temp to hire and I ended up staying there 4 or 5 years.  It's worth a shot and I wish you the best 
pimp.gif

The agency will test your skill level and take a look at your experience and then decide which job fits you.  Some jobs you may have to interview for and some jobs they may just give you a description and send you to the place to start.  Some jobs are temp, some jobs are temp to hire after 90 days, and some are even permanent hire.  My last job was a temp to hire and I ended up staying there 4 or 5 years.  It's worth a shot and I wish you the best 
pimp.gif

I like them.  This is how I paid for my wife's engagement ring years ago.

Some temp services interview you themselves, others will have you interview directly at the job site.
When you are "hired" at a company through a temp service, you are there working until the company doesn't need you.
The temp site will then find other assignments for you.

The good thing is that if you are a good employee, most companies will hire you full time once your temp assignment work
period has expired.

I like them.  This is how I paid for my wife's engagement ring years ago.

Some temp services interview you themselves, others will have you interview directly at the job site.
When you are "hired" at a company through a temp service, you are there working until the company doesn't need you.
The temp site will then find other assignments for you.

The good thing is that if you are a good employee, most companies will hire you full time once your temp assignment work
period has expired.

What if you dont like the job your assigned? I know they tell you and ask if your interested, but what happens when you get to the job site and become miserable? I guessing you do the two weeks(during the two weeks let the temp service know you want to leave).

If you were to do that, how likely would it be that they find you a new placement? Weird question, but im pretty sure someone has been through it. I just wouldnt want to be jobless. Ill put in hard work and stay even if i hate it, but trying to figure out what the transition would be if i wanted to be placed in a new job.

BTW i already have a job, and in school. Im thinking about doing this temp thing because it will pay more, but the job security i have right now is pretty good. I just need more money.

Im grateful for having a job in this economy, but i need more money period.

What if you dont like the job your assigned? I know they tell you and ask if your interested, but what happens when you get to the job site and become miserable? I guessing you do the two weeks(during the two weeks let the temp service know you want to leave).

If you were to do that, how likely would it be that they find you a new placement? Weird question, but im pretty sure someone has been through it. I just wouldnt want to be jobless. Ill put in hard work and stay even if i hate it, but trying to figure out what the transition would be if i wanted to be placed in a new job.

BTW i already have a job, and in school. Im thinking about doing this temp thing because it will pay more, but the job security i have right now is pretty good. I just need more money.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

It's best to pay attention to their description of the job and accept or deny up front.  If you leave the assignment before it ends, you will be far from their first choice next time since your performance also reflects on their company and whether their clients want to hire them again to place employees.

Most agencies will accept anyone, but since they want to look good for the people that hire them they will find the most qualified people for a particular position.  If you're young you'll likely get the heavy lifting jobs that work 8 hours/day and get $9-10/hr. instead of the office jobs that want you to sit in front of a computer and get $15/hr.

Apply to multiple agencies so your odds are better of finding a job that best suits you and you'll be good.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

It's best to pay attention to their description of the job and accept or deny up front.  If you leave the assignment before it ends, you will be far from their first choice next time since your performance also reflects on their company and whether their clients want to hire them again to place employees.

Most agencies will accept anyone, but since they want to look good for the people that hire them they will find the most qualified people for a particular position.  If you're young you'll likely get the heavy lifting jobs that work 8 hours/day and get $9-10/hr. instead of the office jobs that want you to sit in front of a computer and get $15/hr.

Apply to multiple agencies so your odds are better of finding a job that best suits you and you'll be good.

^^^^^ Thanks for the advice "CRC" Going in this week to find out about some placement. Im going to try and work both jobs until i am comfortable enough to leave my original one.

^^^^^ Thanks for the advice "CRC" Going in this week to find out about some placement. Im going to try and work both jobs until i am comfortable enough to leave my original one.

Also, be prepared to be offered a million warehouse jobs and very little office jobs. They tend to "not" have decent positions for guys but always seem to conveniently have warehouse positions open. Most companies treat u fairly, others treat u like crap b/c u're a temp. At least that's how it is from my experience

Also, be prepared to be offered a million warehouse jobs and very little office jobs. They tend to "not" have decent positions for guys but always seem to conveniently have warehouse positions open. Most companies treat u fairly, others treat u like crap b/c u're a temp. At least that's how it is from my experience

Back
Top Bottom