School me on the 03 Neon Green 95s?

Been offered a pair of these at a decent price, and since i know little about 95s need some info.

I assume the quality and comfort isn't up there with the OGs, or probably the 99 version, but are they still superior to
to the versions released in 08 and 09?

Thanks for any help.

I believe the air units are bigger and compared to the 08 and 09 quality and comfort should be way better.

Correct. '03 had larger (seamed) air bubbles, whereas recent retros have a much smaller (unseamed) bubble. Overall quality and especially comfort havefallen off in recent releases.

In short, '03 retro is closer to OG than anything lately. But also, new enough to not be as susceptible to crumbling midsoles like the late 90'sretros.

If they're good price/condition, I'd go for them.

03's (which actually dropped in 2004) are better quality, truer to the OG's and more comfortable than the the 05 and up releases. Prices for new pairsare in the 200-275 range depending size. Personally I've owned a few pairs of the 03 versions and although they are the closest thing to the originalsproduced after 2000 I was still a little disappointed with their quality as well. If you have a smaller foot 7-8.5 I would say hold out for a late 90'sversion, the neon pops more, the air units are bigger and the shoe is more comfortable, but thats just my opinion.

as larrivee said, 03 is about the best you're going to get as far as comfort and being true to the original without getting something that's going toturn to powder on your feet. from what I've heard and experienced myself, any am95 with a black midsole from before 2000 has a good chance of turning todust. it's happened to me and many others. the 01 and later stuff still seems to hold up, but who knows how long that will last. 03's should be safe towear and they still have the fat bubbles and the pair I have form that year is comfortable enough. hope that helps. if you can get 'em for a good price, gofor it. I would.

which year was it where you couldn't thread the laces underneath the 3m strip on the tongue? That was stupid.

Get them. I rock my 03's frequently & they are holding up well. Quality has been off a cliff as of late & if you're into the larger Air Soleunit these are the ones...

Good luck & if they are a sz 111.5 /12 NDS/VNDS & you pass PM me lol

*bump*

Got them about 10 minutes ago.

No 95 expert, but uppers look just about spotless to me.

Soles look fairly lightly worn, nubs on forefoot gone.

My first pair of pre-seemless bubble 95s. Now i can understand why later ones are hated on.

The difference is pretty substantial.

Cost me: $66 before shipping. Think i did fairly well here, but did i get a deal or a steal?

66 bucks is a great deal. They are an awesome shoe. Great Purchase. I own the 03/04's and the 01/02's and will never convert to the newer AM95's.So after my pairs crumble it will be a sad day for me.

IMHO you got a great deal. Nubs on the soles are nice but if the uppers are good you're all set. Good cop & the price is very reasonable. For realthere is a marked difference in ground feel of the older Air Sole units vs. the newer smaller ones. Smoother ride or maybe it's just me? lol

Just watch out for any midsole separation. espcially near the heel or forefoot air units, rear bubbles squeaking, or rips in the mesh. Otherwise, rock on.

It really is like night and day. The HOAs, 08s and 09s all feel inferior in comfort and quality to the 03s. I remember I wore my 03s for years (four to beexact) then the uppers started getting dirty so I sold them & snagged some HOAs to replace them. Bad move. They felt like a cheaper version. So I got ridof those to snag 08s and those were even worse....

Originally Posted by jbv1

...or maybe it's just me? lol.

Not just you.

Came close to buying the 08s last year. Was trying them on... and although it was the first time i'd ever tried 95s on, they just didn't feel right.

In the seamless version you put your heel down, and it's like there's a split second before you're sure there's actual cushioning there.

In the pre-seamless version you feel the cushioning straight away, and like you said just a smoother ride.

I can understand now why people get heated about what happened to the 95s.

Originally Posted by ZoomFlight15

which year was it where you couldn't thread the laces underneath the 3m strip on the tongue? That was stupid.
I could be wrong but i think that was 2000-2001, nike messed up with the strip on the tongue as well as the color of the neon....which i actuallyliked a lot better. the color was more neon green than a neon yellow.....been trying to find a DS or VNDS pair for years.

this is the only pair i have right now

as far as quality/comfort is concerned......anything 2005 and before (including HOA's) >>>>>>>>>> anything nike willever produce again
tired.gif

Another bad thing on the recent 95's is the ankle padding/cushioning. There is nothing there on the recents, just straight. Pretty bad. I noticed that onthe team oranges when I seen them at Footlocker the other day. Like I said, I will not own anything past the 05 Chili 95.

Back
Top Bottom