**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 6-8 | v. Cubs & Reds |

Wait. Who's Milone??? 😅

What are those?
colorado-rockies-v-seattle-mariners.webp

Most annoying take I see on Twitter and/or Reddit: JP is bad and/or worthless.

Peep his bWAR/fWAR, he also passes the eye test this season. Julio’s triple today was huge but doesn’t happen without Wong’s incredible 10-pitch walk, followed by JP’s clutch hit to keep it going. He’s such a valuable player if he remains around .250 for the remainder of the season; his defense looks more like what it was two seasons ago too.

Tough loss in extras. I feel like this team is still finding its identity and figuring out the pitching rotation.

Plus we can't get any damn production from the DH. You'd think that'd be the easiest spot to fill!
Saw the numbers from the DH spot, crazy… I get the theory on La Stella/Pollock over committing to JD Martinez, but they should’ve offered JD $15M and call it tbh.

End of the day, I think Pollock will mash in Seattle and Wong will be batting .220 by mid May, with Trammell likely returning to give Teoscar more ABs as DH too. M’s have a dropped a ton of one-run games and lost all extra inning ones so far, it’ll flip eventually.

I like the trident celebration touch. Also really hoping the City Connect jerseys feature some form of the trident and not the rumored Pilots look. The city really has about 0 connection to the Pilots other than being the first team. They really didn't do anything memorable that season it seems like.

Back
Top Bottom