SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

I dont mind the players going, it felt like the inevitable..it sucks but thats the business. I do find it a tad worrisome Pete and John cant seem to close on top or mid tier FAs since their early years, their interest is always high on some nice names but they can't just close to the deal

Dickson is solid though, he can block at least

My concern is we only have a few more years of prime Russ and it’s gonna be wasted on a sorry team

I dont mind the players going, it felt like the inevitable..it sucks but thats the business. I do find it a tad worrisome Pete and John cant seem to close on top or mid tier FAs since their early years, their interest is always high on some nice names but they can't just close to the deal

Dickson is solid though, he can block at least

I think they tend to set a price and not go past it. Could be folly, could be a sign of discipline.

My concern is we only have a few more years of prime Russ and it’s gonna be wasted on a sorry team

Yeah, we need Russ to have a Big Ben like stretch run. I think he can do it.

I don't even feel like we had holes outside of the Oline. I honestly feel like our coaching was just that bad. Like watching UW hoops the past few years
I feel you but the O-line was a BIG hole.

We were so spoiled when we had Walter and hutch :lol: it’s been mostly a mess since then. Frustrating asf how hard it’s been to put together an oline smh

But honestly there's not a single position group outside of Oline we we're weak at. Well maybe RB too :lol:
Absolutely a trash coaching job. You're telling me with with all that talent you can't come up with plays to get the ball out to these quick WRs? Half the plays were Russ on a 5 step drop and waiting for plays to develop

DYNQmQzU0AEKngd.jpg

But honestly there's not a single position group outside of Oline we we're weak at. Well maybe RB too :lol:
Absolutely a trash coaching job. You're telling me with with all that talent you can't come up with plays to get the ball out to these quick WRs? Half the plays were Russ on a 5 step drop and waiting for plays to develop
Yeah I think that Bevell and Cable should have been held accountable a while ago but trust Schottenheimer will absolutely be worse

We were so spoiled when we had Walter and hutch :lol: it’s been mostly a mess since then. Frustrating asf how hard it’s been to put together an oline smh
For sure, that line was totally dominant. Our SB line wasn't bad either just penalty prone. Okung, Unger, Carpenter, Giacomini, Sweezy(?). That group had some positives.

$8m with $3m in incentives?!? Thats it?! Man.....

Reports are the Seahawks offered 6.5.

If they're cutting and letting all these guys go to save money, but not spending it, whats going on? Will it at least be an extension to Earl? Going after Suh? So far, nothing adding up.

Last edited:
Sounds like we're in deep talks with several teams about Thomas. Sad to say, but I don't we'll see him back next year. Ugghh, going to be a tough season to watch.

Would be a solid pickup

Gambled on himself lastbyear and lost unfortunately, price tag should be fairly cheap

I am a Pryor believer and only because I've drafted him in one too many fantasy leagues and I will not give up until I'm right LOL

An interesting thought regarding future Russell salary talks from: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-some-conversations-with-russell-wilson-loom/

"...In the next year we'll learn a lot more about the direction of this team, how quickly they can get back on track, how healthy Wilson emerges from the 2018 season, how confident he can be in the group of men entrusted to block for him. Will the Seahawks be talking about a five-year deal worth $30M a year for Wilson come this time a year from now? If not, will there be trade rumblings? (Given the supply/demand problems in the quarterback market, a hypothetical Wilson trade would have to be the blockbuster to end all blockbusters, right?) Is Carroll, the oldest coach in the NFC, inching closer to retirement by then if this team is outside the playoffs again?

Personally, I have a hard time seeing a generational talent at quarterback like this leaving the team that originally drafted him in his prime, and Schneider has displayed the ability in the past to kickstart a rebuild with a single draft. I wouldn't bet on him being down for long, but with the draft just over a month away and spring finally upon us, the Seahawks can't be considered among the handful of Lombardi favorites for the first time in a long time, and much work remains to be done to return to the lofty perch their fans have come to expect during the Carroll/Schneider era."

Michael Bennett was on Bill Simmon's podcast recently and mentioned the team changed once Marshawn retired, I agree with him. Without a legit run game/threat, the Seahawks aren't the Seahawks. I love Russ but I'll say it over and over again that I'd be okay if they traded him for A TON of picks.

I respect your opinion but I want to know why you believe it's the dumbest thing the Seahawks can do (outside of the you don't trade a franchise quarterback argument)? Russ just had one of his best seasons, if not his best, and the Seahawks missed the playoffs. He's almost 30 years old, has been extremely fortunate avoiding serious injury, and this team's O-Line situation doesn't seem to be getting better any time soon, especially with the lack a run game.

Seattle literally has to hit on every draft pick, which they don't have much of this year, for the next two seasons or make key signings moving forward, which will be difficult with limited money in the future if they have to pay Russell $30 million per year. I'd want Russ to be a Seahawk his whole career, but if it meant barely getting into the playoffs every year for the next 5-8 years then I'd be open to other options.

Well he had his best year with no run game, no o-line, injured defense, etc. Imagine if they built a team around him...

Back
Top Bottom