SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

"Wilson also had a preferred replacement in mind: Sean Payton, who had recently stepped down from the New Orleans Saints" Well he got his wish, let's see if Payton can lead him to the promised land lol.

Honestly figured this was the case. I’m not surprised, it was either Pete or Russ; kind of thought we knew that.

Why did they release him in the first place?

Didn't want to pay him the current rate at the time and he rightfully so felt he was valued at that price still + no trade offers = cut

Pretty norm for how the league moves with guys his age

Why did they release him in the first place?

Differences in money. Hawks sure as hell could’ve used Bobby last season, couldn’t stop the run for nothing. Even him coming back is leaving some millions on the table imo…Jody needs to have wink-wink side stuff for team legends, no excuses.

I want him on Beacon Plumbing ads, Microsoft/XBOX commercials, Lumen voice overs, etc.

cleveland-guardians-v-seattle-mariners.jpg

I don’t follow the draft. How did we do on day 1?
With everyone hoping we drafted nothing but defensive line some of the reaction felt flat when they went DB at #5 but everything about the actual player looks good.

Witherspoon seemed to be a consensus 1 or 2 DB on the board and if the Seahawks didn't grab him at #5 he would have been at #6 anyways so Seahawks for once didn't reach like crazy. Good value here

Even with no edge/DT pick at #20 its almost universal love for JSN at the WR position. Was slotted to go higher than #20 so the Hawks got the consensus best WR in this class at great value when they got him

A potential DB1 to pair with Woolen. And a WR1 to pair with DK and Lockett.

Hawks did pretty good all things considered even if they didn't land some guys help in the trenches.

Day 2 should fix that though

Back
Top Bottom