Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

The state of Washington would rather have the Thunder back than have the Kings. 
Well if it isn't capt. Obvious
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I would rather have the Hornets than the Kings, even though the Kings are the better team. I may be mistaken but it just seems like there is a better history and connection with the Kings in Sacramento than the Hornets in New Orleans. *watches old JWill mixtapes*

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Well, when the Kings have a deal finalized then I'll swap them with the Hornets. Just consider this the NHL/NBA in Seattle movement thread.
pimp.gif

And Retro...I do not understand the correlation you bring up with Seattle not building an arena because Sac won't.
Can't wait to cheer on the Seattle SuperKings SuperHornets 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Hornets seem like an easy choice for Seattle IMO.  

sick.gif
 Have you all been to New Orleans? 

Originally Posted by dakid23

https://twitter.com/#!/ArenaSolution
https://twitter.com/#!/ArenaSolution
https://twitter.com/#!/ArenaSolutionArenaSolution.org @ArenaSolution

"The big buzz words I'm hearing out of city hall are the largest sports complex in the United States."

Retweeted by Sonicsgate
https://twitter.com/#!/Sonicsgate

For who? Sacramento or Seattle?

Seattle 
pimp.gif
 LA live type of thing. With the viaduct gone possibilities are endless.

Its funny how outsiders who haven't been following the whole arena situation since the beginning act like they've been following it closely because of one article they read. 

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Its funny how outsiders who haven't been following the whole arena situation since the beginning act like they've been following it closely because of one article they read. 
Kind of like how OKC fans think they have a grasp on how things went down in Seattle. People get fed watered down versions of what's going on, but these situations are very complicated.

The main problem is people don't understand local politics. That's why I limit my comments about Sacramento's arena situation to just knowing who the mayor is, and assume he will do everything in his power to get something done. Honestly, I have no idea what the situation is with Sacramento. Hell, last year I thought they were headed out of town, now there's this March 1st date for a plan to secure funding (or something), but I don't even know what that actually means. And if they get money, is there an arena proposal ready to break ground, or is that another long process after securing funding?

Basically if the mayor can come up with a legit plan to build an arena by March 1st (its being rumored that the date is flexible) then the Kings will stay. Otherwise the Kings have Stern's blessing to relocate where ever they want.

And to be honest, everything goes to !*!$, I'm sure there will be multiple cities interested in having a pro franchise.

That's why I'm not putting too much credence in this Seattle story

What's this I hear about KJ was set to unveil the architecture of the new arena, only to take it away while the curtain was still draped over?

Sounds like a magic trick?

But naw I haven't heard that. Tell me more
nerd.gif

Apparently, one of the local news stations here (King 5) will be showing a video of it tonight. I guess they were ready to show the new arena, but decided not to go through with it today. KJ saying something along the lines of they're not ready to unveil or it's not the right time.

Haven't found anything in my searches so I may have to wait until tonight.

This is interesting.... Hopefully it just means we were waiting for an even funner more better event/night to do it??
laugh.gif

What the hell is a Seattle camera crew doing in the 916 tho?

^ Because the old Sonics are playing the potential new Sonics.
laugh.gif

The guy was interviewing Collison on how he felt as the situation was unfolding and presumably was gonna hit up Isaiah to get his thoughts on possibly coming back home. Fueling that speculation.
laugh.gif

Yeah, it's kind of a joke. It's funny that the local sports radio don't have all too much to talk about right now so they're milking this for everything it's worth until March when they realize it ain't happening. At that time they will get to have their fun speculation on why Peyton is the perfect fit for the Seahawks.
laugh.gif

What's this I hear about KJ was set to unveil the architecture of the new arena, only to take it away while the curtain was still draped over?

The design wasn't quite right, so it will be unveiled soon.
This is how the funding thing is turning out. The arena is designed, the studies have been done, the land is ready. The only question is funding. The biggest chunk of the financing is going to come from privatizing city parking. Twenty companies nationwide have already expressed interest. That will contribute about 200 millions up front, which is about half of the financing. Other funding is going to come from NBA/Maloofs. The NBA in the offseason said they would be open to it, and that they do expect the Maloofs to put up money. The city is asking a total of 80 millions from both. AEG has also expressed interest into being an equity investor and managing an arena. There is also going to be a hotel tax that is going to be placed on downtown hotels. Also, include naming rights.

The best part about all of this is that nothing is going to be put on a ballot so no public vote is needed. 

pimp.gif

This is how the funding thing is turning out. The arena is designed, the studies have been done, the land is ready. The only question is funding. The biggest chunk of the financing is going to come from privatizing city parking. Twenty companies nationwide have already expressed interest. That will contribute about 200 millions up front, which is about half of the financing. Other funding is going to come from NBA/Maloofs. The NBA in the offseason said they would be open to it, and that they do expect the Maloofs to put up money. The city is asking a total of 80 millions from both. AEG has also expressed interest into being an equity investor and managing an arena. There is also going to be a hotel tax that is going to be placed on downtown hotels. Also, include naming rights.

The best part about all of this is that nothing is going to be put on a ballot so no public vote is needed. 

pimp.gif
Same guy that was reporting from Sac was saying they're essentially getting 200 million up front from those companies, but that the Kings would end up paying back 500 million back to those companies in the long long run. Of course, this is the jist of what I heard because they got a lot more technical, but all I heard was 200 mil upfront to keep the Kings, but 500 owed after the fact, which makes it worthwhile for the businesses.
My head is spinning. 

So these are the numbers.
Arena is estimated to cost 387 million.

200 million - (Privatizing city parking)

97 million - (Hotel/Taxi/Digital Advertising)

80-150 million - (NBA/Maloofs/AEG)

90-120 million - (Ticket surcharge/Naming Rights)

As you can see, the funding is there. Now they're just working out the details and getting everybody on the same page.

pimp.gif
Same guy that was reporting from Sac was saying they're essentially getting 200 million up front from those companies, but that the Kings would end up paying back 500 million back to those companies in the long long run. Of course, this is the jist of what I heard because they got a lot more technical, but all I heard was 200 mil upfront to keep the Kings, but 500 owed after the fact, which makes it worthwhile for the businesses.
My head is spinning. 
He's pulling facts out his @+% because NOTHING even close to that has been reported in Sacramento, and trust me when I say there are MANY journalists who REFUSE to see ANY money being used on the Kings. If that were true, it would be all over the place. And why would we have to pay those companies any money back? They're paying to privately run out city parking and keep all the profits. There is no paying back of anything because it's not a loan. 

Back
Top Bottom