Seattle SuperSonics Thread

what he say?

Not much, because he literally has no idea what he's doing. He cut it short, too. Mitch said they were supposed to have ten minutes, but it was only about five or six minutes. But before (basically) hanging up, he made a random, out-of-nowhere comment equating the people who sent nasty letters and tweets to council members to Donald Trump. It was unrelated to the conversation, and completely out of line. To politicize the arena issue in such a way is pathetic, and shows how clueless he actually is.

Just read Mitch's tweet on the time situation :lol: :smh:

That Trump reference :smh:

I dont see how anybody cant see thru this bs but want to defend it, hmm the irony of that Trump reference [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Just read Mitch's tweet on the time situation :lol: :smh:

That Trump reference :smh:

I dont see how anybody cant see thru this bs but want to defend it, hmm the irony of that Trump reference [emoji]129300[/emoji]

I felt insulted, and I didn't even send anything nasty to those council members (I didn't send anything at all, for the record). Ed Murray is lucky he ain't on the ballot right now. The good news is he'll be one and done. He can't honestly think that demanding public money to fix KeyArena (for whatever purpose) is a good idea. The arena MAKES money for the city. You can't convince Seattle that it needs public funds to keep it alive. Unless he's mentally deficient...which he might be.

Edit: as an addendum, I still don't know how Pabs and I haven't met over a beer (or ten) to discuss Seattle sports. This should probably be remedied at some point soon.

Last edited:
I'm tired of Seattle's politics and loyalty to the Port, which btw was just audited for giving over $4M of public funds to a third of its employees. With the drama from the Port and Hansen's upped proposal, the City of Seattle CANNOT mess this up.

I work downtown and want no business going to LQA/Seattle Center for games. It's bananas right now as it is. Renovation for the Key will be 5-7 years too, we've already lost a generation of fans. I just want a damn team back already.

Seeing footage of the team in The Last Dance has been heartbreaking. Heard the Grizz’ owner looked into relocation last summer, but other than that I don’t see an opportunity for Seattle to get a team anytime soon.

I was at the exhibition game last year between the Warriors/Kings and had chills being in the Key Arena watching NBA talent. When KD made the speech with Kemp’s jersey on, the energy in that ancient arena was unreal. I’m waiting for the day they lift #20 and #40 up to the rafters in this city, it’s long overdue.

Wild times in 2013 in this thread.

Crazy how close it felt to becoming a reality back then. Now 7 years later with not a whiff of expansion, Hansen buying up more SODO property, OVG's New Arena with an NHL team attached to it.

Wild times in 2013 in this thread.

Crazy how close it felt to becoming a reality back then. Now 7 years later with not a whiff of expansion, Hansen buying up more SODO property, OVG's New Arena with an NHL team attached to it.
I really don't see Seattle getting an expansion NBA team for some time. Only possibility for a team here seems relocation for foreseeable future.

I'm not a huge NHL guy but will def try to catch a game in the next couple years as I'm sure the crowd will be electric and will be fun to see the new arena once its done.

I’m hoping at least one of the remaining episodes will feature a bit about the Bulls’ Finals against the Sonics. No way they got GP in the doc just for the sound bite on Rodman. It was also the first of the second three peat and a year after MJ and the Bulls were bumped by the Magic, so it could be a little important to the overall story.

Not Sonics related but:

An interesting note is that this almost didn't happen. Nate Robison's maternal side is mostly based in Oakland, CA.

Ridiculously athletic family. Nate Robinson, Marshawn Lynch, Josh Johnson (NFL QB) and Quentin Thomas (UNC) are all cousins.

Marshawn and Josh Johnson of course had their NFL careers but they were outstanding hoops preps too.

Nate actually moved to Oakland after his sophomore year and was supposed to play with those 3 guys at Oakland Tech but the governing body that oversees high school sports in CA were going to mandate that he sit out a year. He had to enroll at James Logan instead and played his junior season there, then moved back to Seattle for his senior year.

That Oakland Tech team was already widely considered one of the best the state of CA had ever seen. In addition to Marshawn, Josh and QT, they were led by none other than Leon Powe.

If CIF hadn't blocked Nate's transfer, it really wouldn't have been fair. :lol:

An interesting note is that this almost didn't happen. Nate Robison's maternal side is mostly based in Oakland, CA.

Ridiculously athletic family. Nate Robinson, Marshawn Lynch, Josh Johnson (NFL QB) and Quentin Thomas (UNC) are all cousins.

Marshawn and Josh Johnson of course had their NFL careers but they were outstanding hoops preps too.

Nate actually moved to Oakland after his sophomore year and was supposed to play with those 3 guys at Oakland Tech but the governing body that oversees high school sports in CA were going to mandate that he sit out a year. He had to enroll at James Logan instead and played his junior season there, then moved back to Seattle for his senior year.

That Oakland Tech team was already widely considered one of the best the state of CA had ever seen. In addition to Marshawn, Josh and QT, they were led by none other than Leon Powe.

If CIF hadn't blocked Nate's transfer, it really wouldn't have been fair. :lol:
Wow how did I never know Nate and Marshawn were cousins!? Well I'm glad Nate played in my hometown though. I always thought the Stewart twins were gonna take the Pac 12 by storm which of course didn't happen.

I've also been watching the Houseguest show with Nate Robinson which has been very entertaining thus far. Check it out on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom