Seattle Underground Hip Hop Scene

Can we get some opinions going on the Seattle underground rap scene. I've been crushing Eighty4 Fly lately and am hooked
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Eighty4 Fly

Macklemore is a unique cat, any baseball fans should look up My oh My - song he did for the late Mariners radio announcer

http://www.youtube.com/wa...FNJg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/wa...Tqqo&feature=related

Blue Scholars obviously as well as Common Market.

Just wanna know what you guys think about this Seattle hip hip scene and put some of these guys on to people that might not know.

Sorry about the non-embed, if anyone wants to help me out would be much appreciated.

Can we get some opinions going on the Seattle underground rap scene. I've been crushing Eighty4 Fly lately and am hooked
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Eighty4 Fly

Macklemore is a unique cat, any baseball fans should look up My oh My - song he did for the late Mariners radio announcer

http://www.youtube.com/wa...FNJg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/wa...Tqqo&feature=related

Blue Scholars obviously as well as Common Market.

Just wanna know what you guys think about this Seattle hip hip scene and put some of these guys on to people that might not know.

Sorry about the non-embed, if anyone wants to help me out would be much appreciated.

Im hella down. I saw Blue Scholars at Rock The Bells at the George amphitheatre a few years back and they rocked the house.

Boom Bap Project, Oldominion, Jake One, Grayskul, Fresh Espresso...

Then of course here in Portland theres Cool Nutz, Ohmega Watts, Sandpeople and plenty other cats that have yet to get any national exposure but are hella dope.

Im hella down. I saw Blue Scholars at Rock The Bells at the George amphitheatre a few years back and they rocked the house.

Boom Bap Project, Oldominion, Jake One, Grayskul, Fresh Espresso...

Then of course here in Portland theres Cool Nutz, Ohmega Watts, Sandpeople and plenty other cats that have yet to get any national exposure but are hella dope.

Macklemore is nice. AND he is a huge shoehead..i wonder if hes on NT...
Blue Scholars are good.
also Common Market, Jake One, Vitamin D
I been bumpin' KnowMads and Tom Pepe recently they're pretty nice:

Knowmads:

Macklemore:
his new single all about Nikes and kicks:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...x-CtPmBU&feature=related

Blue Scholars:

Tom Pepe:

I feel NW hip hop is refreshing to listen to, but doesn't get national exposure or isn't being bumped in the clubs/radio because obviously it isn't what the mainstream hip hop listener is into nowadays...
conscious rap and delivering whether it be an educated message or expressing the struggle ain't whats hot to bump in the clubs, its all about songs with catchy hooks and "club bangers" if you will..
and I have nothing against that but as I said, I'm glad I live in a region where hip hop is still predominantly about the 4 elements and artists passion to deliver meaningful messages and a positive direction
for the youth and their fans.

Im really interested to hear what other genuine connoisseurs' take on NW hip hop is after givin' these tracks a real good spin...and i mean really listen to the lyrics and message rather than just tuning out to the
way they flow or the lack of 'swag' in the beats. 

Macklemore is nice. AND he is a huge shoehead..i wonder if hes on NT...
Blue Scholars are good.
also Common Market, Jake One, Vitamin D
I been bumpin' KnowMads and Tom Pepe recently they're pretty nice:

Knowmads:

Macklemore:
his new single all about Nikes and kicks:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...x-CtPmBU&feature=related

Blue Scholars:

Tom Pepe:

I feel NW hip hop is refreshing to listen to, but doesn't get national exposure or isn't being bumped in the clubs/radio because obviously it isn't what the mainstream hip hop listener is into nowadays...
conscious rap and delivering whether it be an educated message or expressing the struggle ain't whats hot to bump in the clubs, its all about songs with catchy hooks and "club bangers" if you will..
and I have nothing against that but as I said, I'm glad I live in a region where hip hop is still predominantly about the 4 elements and artists passion to deliver meaningful messages and a positive direction
for the youth and their fans.

Im really interested to hear what other genuine connoisseurs' take on NW hip hop is after givin' these tracks a real good spin...and i mean really listen to the lyrics and message rather than just tuning out to the
way they flow or the lack of 'swag' in the beats. 

I'm excited to check out Macklemore when he comes to AZ (and just 2 blocks from my house). Gotta support the 206 and a fellow Bulldog!

I'm excited to check out Macklemore when he comes to AZ (and just 2 blocks from my house). Gotta support the 206 and a fellow Bulldog!

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Besides Jake One, the Seattle hip-hop scene is boring imo... *shrug*
especially considering there's a much better scene two hours down the coast

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Besides Jake One, the Seattle hip-hop scene is boring imo... *shrug*
especially considering there's a much better scene two hours down the coast

Glad this got some pick up. Glad Macklemore getting some love too.

No comments on Eighty4 Fly? He is relatively low key but I like some of his songs, he seems way more mainstream type of songs/beats than Macklemore and a few others mentioned.

I dont really consider Blue Scholars underground anymore but thats just me...

Glad this got some pick up. Glad Macklemore getting some love too.

No comments on Eighty4 Fly? He is relatively low key but I like some of his songs, he seems way more mainstream type of songs/beats than Macklemore and a few others mentioned.

I dont really consider Blue Scholars underground anymore but thats just me...

It's a sad state when the face of Seattle hip-hop is Blue Scholars smh. Sabzi got nice beats at least, Geologic is just a snoozefest, that mono-tone %%$ only works with Guru (RIP)

It's a sad state when the face of Seattle hip-hop is Blue Scholars smh. Sabzi got nice beats at least, Geologic is just a snoozefest, that mono-tone %%$ only works with Guru (RIP)

Don't forget Grynch, Shabazz Palaces, Sol, and Scribes. Watch out for my lil homie Yung Dieziel too along with the rest of HighPrice.
206. TOWN BIZ.

Back
Top Bottom