Secrets About Your Job...

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by supremewellbeing

BESTBUY

Had a cousin who worked security at the door. You can literally walk out with a laptop and they CANNOT touch you. Managers will fire the security for chasing after somebody. THEY cannot not chase after you or even make you produce a receipt.

I seen this with my own eyes.

Security at the door is a scare tacit.

Also BEST BUY POLICY is they have to see you from start to end to even accuse you of stealing. Meaning they have to watch you by camera walking through the door and exiting the door. if the camera miss anything or if you duck off to the bathroom then they cannot do anything

Best buy is very lax when it comes to stealing. I never knew why. Anybody could go in their and just walk out with items and security cannot do anything.

bestbuy-logo.jpg

dude i worked at best buy for 3 years and saw plenty of people tackled or snatched up my management and security and arrested. Best Buy defintately prosecuted EVERY theft i saw unless it was a child.

i have a ton of other stories about theft though it happened all too often with kids Don't listen to this guy.

i remember one poor kid tried to steal grand theft auto 3 and run from the media section to the front door....

security turned off the automatic door just as the kid was running and he ran face first into that door and was out cold.

his little brother was crying and the parents came to pick em up.

another time a woman tried to stuff DVDs in her pants
30t6p3b.gif

it was disgusting,

they took her in the security office and she took out like 15 movies
30t6p3b.gif

police arrested her.

another time a cashier i worked with was illegally taking imprints of customers credit cards telling them the machine didnt work and she NEEDED to do it
30t6p3b.gif

she was busted after christmas and they walked her through every department to make an example out of her

I will say that internal theft was a huge problem. At one point our ENTIRE warehouse was busted for theft after this one time we found a mitsubishi TV box filled with empty ipod playstation dvd video game and dvd player boxes.

This have to had been yeaaaaars ago because know Best Buy has changed their policies, maybe because of bad press, being sued whatever who knows but i know the BEST BUY here and others in area do not chase down people or touch them, agasint company policy.
Yea some people do get arrested if they stop and let best buy hold them, I have seen that

My cousin was LP , Lost prevention, tryst me I'm not lying and i saw it first hand,

My cousin almost got fired for running after a kid who stole a dvd.

Another note a employee stole 2 high end cameras and the management knew he did it but because he brought in so much business mostly arabs who buy alot, they turned their heads.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Sears,
I work receiving and let me tell you, our managers DO NOT care if we argue with you, I can get into a full on shout match with you until you say "Let me speak to a manager" or I can just walk away, call someone, and leave you standing there till they get there.

LP is no joke, they are allowed to chase you into the parking lot and they are allowed to put their hands on you, a customer took a swing at one of them one time and he grabbed him by the neck and choke slammed him on the concrete face first, not even a slap on the wrist.

We don't have to load your merchandise for you, while it is our job, if you're rude to us we can just leave your 350 lbs fridge there and walk away.

Everything gets mistreated coming off the truck, EVERYTHING.

I make minimum wage, so don't snippy with me, your merchandise might take a couple falls on the way out the stock room.

You can return ANYTHING you bought, just argue with the managers and they'll return it so they don't have to deal with you anymore.

Even if you're handicap, if you try to park in the merchandise pick up spots, we HAVE to tell you to move, I never do it but other employees get super angry with them.

Sears sucks.
I guarnetee you if you leave me with a 359lb fridge and walk away you WILL be loading it on my truck 100% sure of that. I would threaten to return it and get my money back. I would walk right to cash register and say uhh i dont want the fridge anymore. I would be just be like i dont want this anymore, thought they will load it, SEARS will go out their way to make sure they get the sale and fridge loaded, and if they dont guess who will be bringing back to the warehouse???-->You.
So your better off loading it and i  would talk smack the whole time

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Originally Posted by maddog345

Used to work in debt collections. If you get a call saying you will be taken to court unless you pay this debt that you owed from X amount of years ago, plus a ridiculous amount of interest that's accrued over the years, 99.9% of the time nothing will happen to you if you don't pay.

Won't your credit score be affected?
By the time it goes to collections, your credit score is already uffed up so it might not matter depending on the age of the debt.  My old company used to buy million dollar portfolios of old debt that was already stat barred (statute of limitations already expired) for pennies on the dollar.  Our job was to scare people into thinking they would get sued if they didn't pay their $600 Sears debt that was now $2200.  Of course we would tell them that we would accept 50% of the $2200 if they could make a lump sum payment right away.  What is messed up is that if you make a single payment (for any amount, even $1), that old debt is now "reactivated" as a new debt and can now be placed on your credit report as such.
I keep telling people this. I love when collections call. I curse them out so bad and talk stuff. Junk debt buyers. Usually they arent legally even able to collect on the debt and vioate all  kinds of credit laws.
When they call me at work or on my cell, i send them a cease letter so they cant call me anymore. If they report me to the credit agency, I validate the debt with them, which they have to show proof they own the debt legally and allowed to collect in my state. Most of time it gets deleted and debt is gone once they realize  im smarter then average bear.

I sued a few collection agency for violations and won $1500 at a time

Another tip (not a secret really) from Nordstrom:

If you want an item and the store doesn't have it and the sales person offers to ship it to you, just order the damn thing and have it shipped. It's free shipping, you'll get it within a week, and if the item doesn't work out you can return it to any store. You don't lose anything in the end. However, if you ask the SA to transfer the item from another store to that store, it can take up to a month for it to get there, if it even gets there at all. Considering 90% of those transferred items aren't purchased (hell, the customer probably won't even come back to look at it), the company makes those transfers a low priority and actually discourages SAs from requesting them AND fulfilling them.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Niketown NY.

ID shoes actually take one week to make and 2 days to get to the store. We tell you it takes 4 weeks because 9/10 they always come messed up with missing letters or wrong color. I know for fact every time you ID shoe, about 3 pairs come messed up before the right one comes.

When celebrities come, they actually go straight to the stock room and try on at least 15 pairs of the same shoe and run in them before they pick the perfect one. Wonder why yours is pre creased? Blame kobe.

We actually get a fake pair of shoes in our stock every once in a while. We usually just give it to a homeless person or donate.

Twitter RSVP is rigged. The person that runs it almost picks the same people with the exception of new ones.

When the shoe takes forever to come up and we say " I'm gonna go down myself and get them " 8/10 we just walked to another floor and talk to like a girl or something, quick bite and then say to you sorry we don't have the shoe.

That's all I can think for now.

Before I went corporate this past year, I held a few delivery driving jobs @ Jimmy Johns and Pizza Hut

With Pizza Hut, all deliveries were divided into different zones on a grid, so depending on the zone, we knew which ones tended to tip more, which ones were in the hood, etc.

For the most part we were real clean, we experimented with a lot of the food in the back trying to come up with new pizzas.

One of the cooks, actually made a stuffed crust pizza with Sausage and Pepperoni in the crust wayyyyyy before it became a regular item

We also made a bbq chicken pizza where instead of using the tomato sauce we used the honey and spicy bbq sauce for the wings as the base some of the boneless and regular chicken, and our regular cheese and cheese used for the salads to make....*+%+ tasted like heaven

If you ordered more than 14 wings please believe that I was taking a few if I delivered them

We also were not compensated for gas...whatever you made in tips was what went in the tank

Great thread. So does Finishline always fulfill online orders from retail store inventories? Or do they have a warehouse for some of the new releases?

Originally Posted by az5950

If you ordered more than 14 wings please believe that I was taking a few if I delivered them

Man *!#$ you and your kind...that's SO direspectful. Gon have a #!*%* tallying wings on his doorstep from now on..."Hold on, homie...lemme do this count real fast, make sure it's all here..."

I also worked for the U.S. census as a Courier....easiest job I've ever had...made 1k a week

I helped with different things around the office, but for the most part I was delivering different items out in the field, in which I was paid 50 cents per mile untaxed.

Everything was done by paper, ie timesheets, and since my manager was cooled, he allowed me to leave early and still be compensated for time I wasn't there, and also approved extra mileage I gained from all the deliveries.

Funniest part of the job was reading the different stories from people in the field whenever they had to go to the hood and get the census statistics

Originally Posted by potus2028

Man *!#$ you and your kind...that's SO direspectful. Gon have a #!*%* tallying wings on his doorstep from now on..."Hold on, homie...lemme do this count real fast, make sure it's all here..."

Lol, it would only be on certain deliveries....trust delivery driving is type dangerous anyway, and if I knew you weren't gonna tip, I compensated myself...lol

Not me since I've never worked in one, but I know 3 or 4 people who work as waiters/waitresses who talk about how orders get "modified" when customers make a fuss and demand a new dish. One couple was unhappy about their soup temperature, so the waiter took it to the back and took a leak right in the bowl and brought it back out for them.

I've done everything that has to do with the nightlife in Downtown Orlando enjoy....

Security/VIP Line

Outside patting people down I've found EVERYTHING you could imagine people trying to hide trees,coke,x,hash,guns,HEROIN!! People actually try to get in the club with syringes and heroin NO LIE! Money talk's BS walks you be straight up with me and throw me a little cash your good with ANYTHING!! There's always a way into a club!!! At the end of the night we will split up YOUR drugs and sometimes re-sell your drugs to you inside the club!

Girls are THIRSTY like no other if you work in a club! I personally fornicated with chics in the bathroom like it was apart of my job title!

All the items you leave at the door is coming home with me at the end of my shift no matter how personal it is unless I know you personally.

Barback

Not really much to say then I drink whatever I feel the need of whenever i feel the need to....(Crystal,Ace Of Spades,etc.)

Bartender

Honestly it varies on the bartender cause everyone has a different attitude and goal. My personal goal when I bartend is to meet new people bang every fine girl I see and make decent money every night (I have a full-time good paying job do this for fun).

Most of the girl's that work at the club have been ran thru from management,promoters etc.

It's TRUE a good tip goes A LOOOONNNGGG way....so always treat your bartender good and the feeling will be mutual trust me!

Make sure on your CC receipts you write legible because if you meant to put a 1 we will look at it like its a 7 and ALOT of bartenders love to add numbers so write a TOTAL!

Cant really think of anything else off the head so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

Great thread. So does Finishline always fulfill online orders from retail store inventories? Or do they have a warehouse for some of the new releases?

If you order the morning of release date or something, it'll be from the warehouse. If you order like a week or a couple days after it comes from the closest location, so it's a tossup.

*++% FNL they shipped me a fitted in a plastic bag. Never ordered from there again.

No wonder so many kids my way are trying to be club promoters
laugh.gif

trying to get wet!!!!

Originally Posted by potus2028

Lol, it would only be on certain deliveries....trust delivery driving is type dangerous anyway, and if I knew you weren't gonna tip, I compensated myself...lol

laugh.gif
Don't mind me, I'm just fat...they really don't pay y'all enough tho. Like, y'all really have to go to random folk houses...it's enough to see some people on the street that I know I don't even want to share air with, you got to actually go to where these people dwell...exposing yourselves to every kind of crazy there is...even cops don't have to ring doorbells every day.

I respect what y'all do...and myself enough not to get kidshake added to my food, which is why I always tip (unless something ridiculous happened, then I just don't call there again).

Still, don't be eating my +*$*+!+ wings, dude...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by kevi

i am a camp counseled at hofstra university and NO bs what so ever goes down. If you ain't doin your job you not getting a job next year. Pay is
pimp.gif
tho

wait you work at hofstra summer camp?!??

yea bruh

Originally Posted by diew its james

i am a camp counseled at hofstra university and NO bs what so ever goes down. If you ain't doin your job you not getting a job next year. Pay is
pimp.gif
tho

how much you get paid? i go to hofstra. tuition is
sick.gif
sick.gif
. what you do you do there on a normal day?

I make around 1200-1500 for 3 seesions. All you have to make sure is that you get the kid where they have to be. Not hard at all

Originally Posted by luxurious24

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

My job is your typical corporate world that I didn't know was real. Brown nosing gets you places, little man syndrome runs rampant, women sleep around to get up in the world, married men do sleep with their secretaries, hook ups happen all the time with employees after happy hours, and most all young people are stuck up corny idiots that think their crap don't stink.

I hate it but it pays the most.
Story of my life.

Here too man, i work for an Oil Storage Company and it's full of d riders, male and female, I know this chick who's cheatn on her husband with a co-worker who is also marrried, she has 2 daughters, he has three daugters, the thing thats so messed up though, is that he chicks father in law works here as well. The dude who is smashn hails and jokes around with the father in law like its nuthn
laugh.gif
, heartless bastards. I'm like the only real person here, thats y I'm hated on.

sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by supremewellbeing

Originally Posted by maddog345

Won't your credit score be affected?
By the time it goes to collections, your credit score is already uffed up so it might not matter depending on the age of the debt.  My old company used to buy million dollar portfolios of old debt that was already stat barred (statute of limitations already expired) for pennies on the dollar.  Our job was to scare people into thinking they would get sued if they didn't pay their $600 Sears debt that was now $2200.  Of course we would tell them that we would accept 50% of the $2200 if they could make a lump sum payment right away.  What is messed up is that if you make a single payment (for any amount, even $1), that old debt is now "reactivated" as a new debt and can now be placed on your credit report as such.
I keep telling people this. I love when collections call. I curse them out so bad and talk stuff. Junk debt buyers. Usually they arent legally even able to collect on the debt and vioate all  kinds of credit laws.
When they call me at work or on my cell, i send them a cease letter so they cant call me anymore. If they report me to the credit agency, I validate the debt with them, which they have to show proof they own the debt legally and allowed to collect in my state. Most of time it gets deleted and debt is gone once they realize  im smarter then average bear.

I sued a few collection agency for violations and won $1500 at a time

What do you mean by "validate the debt with them"?  You're just asking them to show proof of the debt and that they can collect?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

*++% FNL they shipped me a fitted in a plastic bag. Never ordered from there again.

This post pleases JokerHat
1ba258fe12b713a3981f306d0aaf419998c9b69.jpg

Sears,
my dude told me that the electronics dept reduces price on "used" equipment.
so people buy something, return it, have an employee hold it for them, and rebuy it at the reduced price 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

more info on this?

Originally Posted by diew its james

pimp.gif
tho

how much you get paid? i go to hofstra. tuition is
sick.gif
sick.gif
. what you do you do there on a normal day?

I make around 1200-1500 for 3 seesions. All you have to make sure is that you get the kid where they have to be. Not hard at all

are you a student there or you just found the job through some random job website? 3 sessions as in the summer sessions?

Sears,
so people buy something, return it, have an employee hold it for them, and rebuy it at the reduced price 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

more info on this?

Actually, if a TV or an electronic gets returned it's usually done through my department, if we can't find anything wrong with it wait about 2-3 days or whenever we get around to putting it out on the floor from the repair room it will be CRAZY reduced, employees can't hold anything, but if you're nice enough to the guys in the department they'll usually let you in on something.
We had one of those huge awesome Samsung fridges get returned a couple months ago that costs $1500+ and because it got returned and we couldn't find anything wrong with it it got marked down to $700, needless to say it didn't last long on the floor.

55 inch 3D LED Smart TV that costs $1200 got reduced to $500.

It all really depends on the kind of people working in the back, we have a say in how much it gets marked down.

Sears,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

more info on this?

Actually, if a TV or an electronic gets returned it's usually done through my department, if we can't find anything wrong with it wait about 2-3 days or whenever we get around to putting it out on the floor from the repair room it will be CRAZY reduced, employees can't hold anything, but if you're nice enough to the guys in the department they'll usually let you in on something.
We had one of those huge awesome Samsung fridges get returned a couple months ago that costs $1500+ and because it got returned and we couldn't find anything wrong with it it got marked down to $700, needless to say it didn't last long on the floor.

55 inch 3D LED Smart TV that costs $1200 got reduced to $500.

It all really depends on the kind of people working in the back, we have a say in how much it gets marked down.

hmmm where you located my man......

might have to introduce you to mr Benjamin ....

Back
Top Bottom