Seeking relationship advice- Vol:Balllin' on a budget 2gether!

I hear making sandwiches is a good way to save money. Everyone appreciates them.

Just saying.

If he pays when you go out, you should be doing the cooking and cleaning, IMO.

Before everyone gets in my face about being a sexist, I'm not saying all women need to cook and clean, but I think that if you're gonna expect your man to take care of you when you go out, you take care of him in the home. Always.

I take care of everything in our home and we usually eat in, but when we do eat out I pay once in a while. I find that boys always offer to pay because they feel like they're expected to but that doesn't mean they wouldn't appreciate the offer for you to pay every couple of outings.

If you're freshmen, you're probably both in a tight spot financially so he definitely shouldn't be paying all the time. It shouldn't have taken him saying something to get you to pony up some money once in a while.

Before everyone gets in my face about being a sexist, I'm not saying all women need to cook and clean, but I think that if you're gonna expect your man to take care of you when you go out, you take care of him in the home. Always.

I take care of everything in our home and we usually eat in, but when we do eat out I pay once in a while. I find that boys always offer to pay because they feel like they're expected to but that doesn't mean they wouldn't appreciate the offer for you to pay every couple of outings.

If you're freshmen, you're probably both in a tight spot financially so he definitely shouldn't be paying all the time. It shouldn't have taken him saying something to get you to pony up some money once in a while.

Hopefully you guys can just sit down and talk and decide what is more important with your spending habits.

I mean I know couples that both like to spend beyond their means and they're that, and I know people that enjoy just staying at home thus not really encountering expenses. Im not a big fan of receiving presents either - im cheap lol.

As long as you guys can understand eachother, compromise and you'll be fine. At the end of the day if he/she is all about gifts and going out, and you can't afford that - whats the point?

Hopefully you guys can just sit down and talk and decide what is more important with your spending habits.

I mean I know couples that both like to spend beyond their means and they're that, and I know people that enjoy just staying at home thus not really encountering expenses. Im not a big fan of receiving presents either - im cheap lol.

As long as you guys can understand eachother, compromise and you'll be fine. At the end of the day if he/she is all about gifts and going out, and you can't afford that - whats the point?

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

Galvelocity, honestly I was embaressed that it took this long for me to realize (by him sending me a wake up call) that I should have stepped my feet in as soon as he did..I deff need to make up for lost times which is I'm asking for advice to showing our relationship a good time lol but on a budget.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

Galvelocity, honestly I was embaressed that it took this long for me to realize (by him sending me a wake up call) that I should have stepped my feet in as soon as he did..I deff need to make up for lost times which is I'm asking for advice to showing our relationship a good time lol but on a budget.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom