Self help books?

I was never much of a reader while in school, dreaded it actually.

Now that I'm an adult and feel completely useless with my time, I'd like to be more productive.

With the year still relatively new, I'd like to better myself.

What are some of the best self help books you have read?

They can be things that deal with self realization, or different ways to think.

I was a business major, so feel free to drop some business books as well.

Things that I can apply to the working world and influence the mind.

I don't know anything about self help books but if you're not in shape (strength, endurance, flexibility) or you are in shape but far from the best shape of your life, this is something I would pursue. The physical and psychological benefits are tremendous.

I'm an avid self-help book reader. I used to buy alot of used books off amazon for 1 cent + $3.99 shipping.

Off the top of my head I recommend these books/authors

How to win friends and influence people
How to stop worrying and start living - Dale Carnegie

The Greatest Salesman in the world
The Choice by Og Mandino - He has a whole line of books that are great

What to say to yourself when you talk to yourself

Honoring the self - Nathaniel Branden

The little gold book of Yes! Attitude by Jeffery Gitomer - his line of books are great as well

The Charisma Myth

Mud, Sweat, and Tears - Bear Grylls

Zen in the Martial Arts by Joe Hyams - my first self-help book which I've read constantly

I have a ton more, but now I just download audiobooks from audible.

GL

:pimp:

Getting things done
The art of not giving a f$@%
The slight edge
The last lecture

All great.

Think and grow rich

Awakening the giant within

The 4 agreements

Last edited:
For those who've read these books, can you give a little insight on how it had bettered you?

How have you applied your knowledge or what has changed since you've gained a new understanding?

For those who've read these books, can you give a little insight on how it had bettered you?

How have you applied your knowledge or what has changed since you've gained a new understanding?
I read them in different stages in life and they helped me:

When I was in undergrad college I didn't know what I wanted to do/be - Read The Alchemist (Paolo Coelho) and it helped me come to a conclusion on what would make me happy pursuing in life

When I was in college I had issues with anxiety - How to stop worrying and start living  (Dale Carnegie) and real life examples of how people overcame their anxiety so I could apply their strategies to my life, it worked.

Self help with a business perspective: Amazon product ASIN 193594486X

I'm an avid self-help book reader. I used to buy alot of used books off amazon for 1 cent + $3.99 shipping.

Off the top of my head I recommend these books/authors

How to stop worrying and start living - Dale Carnegie

The Greatest Salesman in the world
The Choice by Og Mandino - He has a whole line of books that are great

What to say to yourself when you talk to yourself

Honoring the self - Nathaniel Branden

The little gold book of Yes! Attitude by Jeffery Gitomer - his line of books are great as well

The Charisma Myth

Mud, Sweat, and Tears - Bear Grylls

Zen in the Martial Arts by Joe Hyams - my first self-help book which I've read constantly

I have a ton more, but now I just download audiobooks from audible.

GL

:pimp:

Getting things done
The art of not giving a f$@%
The slight edge
The last lecture

All great.

7 habits of highly effective people

48 Laws Of Power
The Art Of Seduction
The Art Of War ( Samuel B. Griffith Edition)

Think and grow rich

Awakening the giant within

The 4 agreements

Currently reading "Success Principles".

Co-sign on The Subtle Art of Not Giving a ****. The first chapter is awful, but the rest is really good.

The Four Hour Work Week

Daring Greatly

The key to these books isn't reading them because that is the easy part. I've found that actively implementing the lessons in these books to be difficult, and often requires active note-taking and multiple passes.

Some of the books listed are great. Like stated, you don't want to be the person who just read and that's it. The hard part is taking action.

You can't expect different outcomes if you keep doing the same stuff.

Going beyond books, it's important to align yourself with like minded and supportive friends too. If you're around toxic folks, it's no bueno.

Make new friends if you have to. It's worth it. Speaking from first hand experience.

I also like podcasts on my long drives to see clients. Check out MFCEO project. Probably my favorite podcast since it has no upselling or ads, not even from his own companies.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom