Self Made Vol. 1 compared to Diplomatic Immunity

Not trying to argue which album was better, but I think Self Made is going to go down in history with a similar status.

Dipolmatic Immunity really ushered in the era of the sped up soul sample whereas Self Made ushered in the era of the Lex Lugerish trap beat. Both had tons of hot tracks while basically being compilations. Both weren't really albums, moreso loose amalgemations of tracks that fit somewhere in between a mixtape and an album. Ross played to role of Cam, while Meek played Juelz, Wale played Jim Jones, and Pill was Zeekey/Rell. Anyway, I think Self Made was vastly underrated, but when people look at it 5-10 years from now, it will be more highly regarded.

U trippin self made is a cool album but nowhere NEAR as close to diplomatic immunity in ANYTHING.

MMG as a whole will never be able to produce anything EVER that would come close to Diplomatic Immunity. Never.

DI didn't usher in sped up soul samples and Srlf Made definitely didn't usher in trap beats

DI is a classic...in 5 years nobody will even remember Self Made...

ampffo.jpg

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

U trippin self made is a cool album but nowhere NEAR as close to diplomatic immunity in ANYTHING.

Shouldn't even be be in the same CD shelf at the store.

No.

And making a thread saying anything is better than DI Vol. 1 on NT is a mistake.

North Dade Represent wrote:
Not trying to argue which album was better, but I think Self Made is going to go down in history with a similar status.

Dipolmatic Immunity really ushered in the era of the sped up soul sample whereas Self Made ushered in the era of the Lex Lugerish trap beat. Both had tons of hot tracks while basically being compilations. Both weren't really albums, moreso loose amalgemations of tracks that fit somewhere in between a mixtape and an album. Ross played to role of Cam, while Meek played Juelz, Wale played Jim Jones, and Pill was Zeekey/Rell. Anyway, I think Self Made was vastly underrated, but when people look at it 5-10 years from now, it will be more highly regarded.
2nu2cdl.jpg

Bruh I haven't heard either album in its entirety, but C'mon... this is NT. You should know that anything Dipset is GOD STATUS on here
laugh.gif

Huge Cam fan and DI is very overrated, there's mad filler on that album.........

....BUT this comparison is a complete joke. DI had a new sound, MMG has a sound that has already been played out.

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

This
Horrible comparison. DI's low points>>>>>>>>Self Made's peaks

Did he rly compare self made to diplomatic immunity?

Thats like comparing mars to a telephone, it doesnt make sense

I never said that Self Made was better than Diplomatic Immunity, or even as good.

You guys do realize that outside of Niketalk most heads ain't even feeling DI like that. I love that album and know that it's better than Self Made, but I was just pointing out similarities.

Self Made has no classic songs? For real? Damn near half the album took over the streets.

As far as ushering the era comments, ok that was a mistatement. Clearly sped up samples and trap beats were out before either album, but IMO both albums were symbolic for the respective types of production.

But I'll take the L for now, 10 years from now when dudes are like "Damn, that album was crack" I'll be vindicated.

Back
Top Bottom