Selvedge Denim

No one has answered my question yet as to where I can find the Edwin's online. I don't care that you have a pair, chances are they aren't a size 2:nerd:r 30 waist.

^^^are you looking for specifically edwins or a similar fit to them?

update: new Selvage from WeSC
7401074-686RAWzoom1.jpg
7401074-686RAWzoom3.jpg
7401074-686RAWzoom5.jpg

7401074-392BLKzoom1.jpg
7401074-392BLKzoom2.jpg
7401074-392BLKzoom6.jpg

7402460-392BLKzoom1.jpg
7402460-392BLKzoom3.jpg
7402460-392BLKzoom5.jpg

check the sig for 20% off

Happy Holidays!

one question, what is selvedge denim?
First off, I should explain what selvedge is. All woven fabric has selvedge. Woven fabric has a length grain and a width grain. The selvedge of apiece of fabric runs along the two edges of the length grain of the fabric. It is usually about 1/8"-1/2" and is just a more tightly woven part ofthe fabric that prevents it from fraying during production.

Now, true selvedge denim is considered denim fabric that is produced on older looms (such as the original kind that Levi's used). These looms produce amore tightly woven, but not as wide (about 30" or so if I remember correctly) fabric. Then, the physical jean pattern is cut so that the outseam lands onthe selvedge (making the seem allowance the selvedge part of the fabric). It is actually harder to get a good fit when creating a pair of selvedge jeansbecause you cannot create a pattern where there is any curvature on the outseam from near the top of the hip area down. Hope that helps.

Btw, as others have said. Edwin is a great bang for your buck and so is APC. I also really like some of Levi's vintage remakes. Sugarcane is great, but ata much higher price point.

just a quick question if i wear a 32 x 32 in levis stf's, what size should i look into if i want to buy say APC denim or Cheap Monday denim?

i would go with a 31 x 32, cause the waist stretches out like crazy on the waist

check the sig for some WeSC selvage

Great post let keep the sites and info coming. As eutum said karmaloop has alot wesc and other selvage denim. Also check out http://elmercadoonline.com/shops/index.php?
osCsid=fd6edd0b1f7fa8f62f5d99dfa32b45cd&cPath=_25

I just copped a pair of Godwin's and I love them. Anyone else have any pairs? Where I can find more styles of these online or in stores?

KVN- those do look like straight fit.
Kramaloop is pretty if any of you guys are unsure what size to get because the provide detailed pictures and the "size the model is wearing"
laugh.gif

http://www.shopthefizix.com/store/home.php?cat=257

not many pairs(cheap monday and orisue)

Lets keep the info and sites coming
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by neoxfactor

just a quick question if i wear a 32 x 32 in levis stf's, what size should i look into if i want to buy say APC denim or Cheap Monday denim?
i would go with a 31 x 32, cause the waist stretches out like crazy on the waist
whoa. I would not go with a 31 waist in APC if you wear a 32 in levis stf's.

The vintage reproduction Levi's I have are a 32x32 and my APCs are a 29 (and still too big in the waist). APCs are really jeans you need to try on, but Iwould go a minimum of 2 sizes down in the waist (though 3 is probably better).

^^^if you have to wash it and you still want that shine in your jeans, go for Dry cleaning.

Don't dry clean denim, it artificially breaks down the fibers in the cotton and produces an off aging process.

I'm looking into buying a pair of A.P.C.'s, but i'm confused about the rescues fit. Are rescues supposed to be boot cut? How baggy are they, andhow big are the leg openings? Well with Levi's I prefer the 514 slim straight. I like to wear them loose on my waist. Which A.P.C. fit is similar to the514? I like the slim straight fit but I don't like my jeans to be too tight like skinny jeans. I don't really like the tapered leg either. I wantsomething a little loose but not baggy. Any help is appreciated.

off aging process
so what is the result of this off aging process?? ages too quickly, not quick enough?? and does dry cleaning reset your creases???
i know u can ask to have it non ironed but i just saw this infomerical about a product that dry cleans for you and it also irons it... so im assuming drycleaning does iron out your jeans a little...

im wondering because my sammys are a little baggy and when i hot soaked them the creases reset and it took like a month to get one side back while the otherside has just now started to form creases... like 6 months later

Picked up some Uniqlo Selvedge while in NYC for $80. Straight cut, straight leg. Great fit. The skinny fit was too tight personally due to baseball player typethighs (no@%$%#) but they were nice also. They seemed a little more slubbish (is that the right word) but I love the ones I got. Pics soon when I get back homefrom break on the fit and everything. Uniqlo is the $#*+. Don't sleep all you NYC'ers. Place is bananas.

^ Agreed. For a college student's price range, Self Edge is a little bit out of one's range (at least personally). I plan on saving though and buyingsomething from there in the near future though. I love what they're doing with their collaborations and the brands they're carrying. The knowledge theyhave and spread is great also. Besides being a little 'elitist' sometimes, I have nothing but respect for the Self Edge store.

I was just saying for the prices, quality and craftsmanship, design and again: price, Uniqlo is tough to beat as a one-stop shop for any piece of a wardrobe.

Back
Top Bottom