Senior citizen charged with smuggling $1.3M worth of pot

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/02/senior-citizen.html
Police made a major drug arrest yesterday after responding to reports of a minor accident near Washington, D.C.

The Gazette says Rodell Cole, 72, was charged with smuggling drugs after an officer smelled pot in a bag that came from the trunk of the New Yorker's silver Toyota Camry.

"He put it on the ground, at which time the officer was like, 'Hold it,'" New Carrollton, Md., police Chief David Rice tells WRC-TV. "'This smell, the feel of this is just not right.'"

Police estimate that the drugs -- about 156 pounds in eight packages -- have a street value of more than $1.3 million. (Published estimates range from $1.3 million to $1.5 million.)
The Gazette says Cole has been charged with various traffic and drug-related violations.
eek.gif

was he personally smuggling...like was he really selling...or is he doing it for someone else???If he was
smh.gif

cause i know my friend which is stupid i know,but he holds for his friend...on the days the cops come to check him.

156 lbs isn't that much in the whole scheme of things. There isn't any drought coming.

damn, ol man cole's gonna have a tough time in the slammer

i bet the most he goes on the block for is a couple of loosies and some chiclets

One of the morning radio stations in MD, called his grandaughter as a joke earlier today.

They alternated a reporters who would fake with serious questions, then ask for some "smoky-smoke" and what she was gonna

do with the rest of it.

The whole skit was
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
alien.gif
at estimating $8400+ per lb. They always have to inflate their stats.

There's also the possibility that his car was broken into and he was just being used. Innocent or not, I'll bet that's what his defense will be.
I feel a drought commin

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom