SEPTEMBER 2022 WDYWT

SBB 3.0 FOR TODAY!!
20220916_172005.jpg
20220916_171851.jpg

Are those the old NBA socks 🤔?

Yes, they are. Too bad they've been discontinued for a long time now after For Bare Feet no longer had the license to make them.

I noticed they became available for retail in the early 2000s.

I still have a good amount stocked up from the 2000s in crew and ankle cuts in white and black. It's going to suck once I go through all of them because socks are perishable and wear out by default when worn. I think they'll last me a long time since I only wear them with shorts and NBA jerseys.

Yes, they are. Too bad they've been discontinued for a long time now after For Bare Feet no longer had the license to make them.

I still have a good amount stocked up from the 2000s in crew and ankle cuts in white and black. It's going to suck once I go through all of them because socks are perishable and wear out by default when worn. I think they'll last me a long time since I only wear them with shorts and NBA jerseys.
They still make NBA socks, but they look different.

They still make NBA socks, but they look different.

Thanks a lot for informing me they still make NBA socks. I truly thought they no longer existed as a company after I didn't see the traditional NBA socks in stores during the last decade.

NBA uniform socks became terrible after they deviated from the simple black or white versions worn in the '90s through the early 2010s. It went downhill when they started getting fancy with multi-colored socks and whatnot instead of keeping them simple like the predecessors.

It really sucks that they now make them for fashion purposes instead of the authentic NBA look.

Last edited:

I miss those! I mean the stance pairs are ok but nothing beats those OG NBA socks. If you know you know! If you ever want to get rid of a few pair lmk.

I miss those! I mean the stance pairs are ok but nothing beats those OG NBA socks. If you know you know! If you ever want to get rid of a few pair lmk.

I was wrong with my previous reply to you because AIR J XIII AIR J XIII informed me that For Bare Feet is still in business, but unfortunately they deviated from the original on-court style of NBA socks with the current ones they make.

Stance was OK when they got the license to make socks for the players to wear on the court during the last decade, but they got a little too fancy for me by not maintaining the standard, nondescript style. Although I never tried to get them despite being a lifelong fan of the Lakers & Kobe Bryant, I did think it was cool and nice that they made commemorative socks for the whole team to wear for Kobe's final NBA game since it was a special occasion.

Then Nike screwed it up when they got the license to become the official outfitter of the NBA in 2017 because they really monopolized by being able to make the socks too.

Ironically, I prefer nondescript socks despite liking uniforms and shoes being flashy. Those archaic NBA socks were good enough for me with them being just either white or black with the league logo on them.

Back
Top Bottom