September Wrestling Thread 2021

Jericho definitely had folks caring about NJPW that didn't generally care about it.

He ain't MY goat but PainMaker definitely drew folks to purchase NJPW World.

Do your Googles.
He wasn't involved in why people was hyped on NJPW..That was because the BC was gaining steam, AJ's title run, Nakamura was a massive star, Okada and Tana was putting on classics, and the JR division was on fire..Yes, JeriBloat contributed to the World getting subs, but he wasn't what caused people to start watching the Newest of Japaneses..

I remember people speculating she might be on the juice. Hope she didn't grow down there like people said chyna had.

Case Case

NJPW's PEAK popularity among Westerners came as a result of Chris Jericho.

That is documented.

More Western eyes were on that product when his programs were taking place.

That was when was cared about the most by the large majority of Westerners.

When The AEW came around, THAT pocket of fans went with the AEW.

New Japan World Subscribers Skyrocket After Jericho Vs Omega Match

Case Case

NJPW's PEAK popularity among Westerners came as a result of Chris Jericho.

That is documented.

More Western eyes were on that product when his programs were taking place.

That was when was cared about the most by the large majority of Westerners.

When The AEW came around, THAT pocket of fans went with the AEW.

New Japan World Subscribers Skyrocket After Jericho Vs Omega Match
NJPW's popularity, in here, wasn't due to Jericho..We all was watching WK's in the middle of the night well before Fat Bastard showed up..And I'll argue that when he did show up was right around the time that people in here seemed to start losing interest in NJPW's product..Of course that's not all Sunken Chest's fault, but I don't think he helped NJPW's product at all..And the general public was watching before he showed up too..He, briefly, bumped the subscription numbers but I don't think he really added that much to the company's overall popularity..

We can agree to disagree but I'm pretty sure MORE NT Wrestling Fans watched NJPW during the Jericho era.
Yeah we're gonna have to just disagree..

I equate Jericho showing up in NJPW to Vince bringing in an old timer to spike the ratings/ppv viewership..Yes it creates a buzz and yes it brings more attention from the general public..But after a month or two the die-hards don't care anymore and the "fickles" leave..Then the company is right back where it started..

I'd also argue that the Bullet Club/The Elite brought in more eyes, overall, to NJPW than JeriBloat..

We can agree to disagree but I'm pretty sure MORE NT Wrestling Fans watched NJPW during the Jericho era.

Even myself who is not a NJPW guy knows this is false.

NJPW was watched on
here way before Jericho showed up.

We all know he attached himself to NJPW because it was hot and he wil do anything to stay relevant.

Last edited:
Y'all really go way out the way to hate anything Jericho accomplished even when it documented lol.
No hating on his legacy..One of the most creative and respected wrestlers ever..He's for sure Top 25 and a HOFer..

Feel like y’all are arguing separate things. Nobody is saying the wrestling wasn’t great, or that nobody was watching pre-Jericho.

It’s factual that their viewership spiked to an all-time high when Jericho PULLED UP. I could almost guarantee that there were more New Japanese-related posts in here during that time than there was before, or has been since the advent of A&W.

But he didn't bring eyes to NJPW right? Even tho it documented with the buyrates of new Japan world.
Yes he did bring eyes..I was saying that people in here were already watching and were invested in NJPW before Jericho showed up..I don't think we got a massive influx of new posters in here because of Jericho..I would agree we got more posts around his WK debut than we normally would..And I would say after his lackluster showing/and his massive weight gain that with each show he was on those post counts got less and less..

Again, I'll say he no doubt brought eyes to the product..And I will say his no so good matches didn't do anything to keep those new eyes on the product..Just like having him be AEW's initial champion was a good idea..And then once people realized he was fat and washed it became of no use to have him be champ..

robpzee612 robpzee612
CJ feeling the Zest
6F1BBCFF-6A47-44C6-8F53-163ADC222C37.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom