Serious Car Choice Now: CLS, 3/5/6/7 series?

I'm looking for a used car with less than 80k for under 25k. In rank of most to least wanted:
1. CLS

2006-Mercedes-Benz-CLS55-AMG-2.jpg" alt="image">

2. 6/7 series

bmw_6_series_facelift.jpg" alt="image">

bmw_7series_lf02ehj_lrg_1x.jpg" alt="image"> (7 series in the 2002-2004/5 years)

3. 3/5 series

Appreciate any links, advice, so forth. Will answer all questions. 

why would u get a car with 80k miles....spend your money wisely not on the flashiest car...a nice 3 series will last you a long time but this is NT so do what you want

Honestly id go with a 335. Coupe or sedan Edit: I just saw under $25k. Try a 328 or 330, they look he same as the pic below

Itd be the best driving experience and are highly tunable and have a huge after market.

IMG_9732.jpg

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

I'm looking for a used car with less than 80k for under 25k.
Thats some mileage boss.
I know, but I figure a nicer car is more reliable. Hoping to get a whip and squeeze 200k out of it 
laugh.gif

Thats some mileage boss.
I know, but I figure a nicer car is more reliable. Hoping to get a whip and squeeze 200k out of it 
laugh.gif

You should consider a Toyota/Honda

This dude thinks European cars going squeeze 200k out of it? Stick with a honda, toyota, anything but Euro's .

80k for 25k :smh

dont do that to yourself.

if you cant afford it dont get it. 25k down the drain for nothing.... who knows what will happen when it hits 120k. 80k your not gonna find a car with no history behind it. Im talking accidents, things being replaced anything... why would you spend 25k for that.

Why not leave the CLS alone and the 6 and 7 series alone. You obviously dont got the money. You only have 25k to blow on a car. Get a 3 series, IS, A4, C-Class (not AMG) , TL, etc...

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

if you cant afford it dont get it. 25k down the drain for nothing.... who knows what will happen when it hits 120k. 80k your not gonna find a car with no history behind it. Im talking accidents, things being replaced anything... why would you spend 25k for that.

Why not leave the CLS alone and the 6 and 7 series alone. You obviously dont got the money. You only have 25k to blow on a car. Get a 3 series, IS, A4, C-Class (not AMG) , TL, etc...
I have over 45k that i COULD blow, but i dont want to spend over 25k unless it's an amazing deal. 

http://www.autotrader.com...19&rdm=1273213756976

http://www.autotrader.com...t=25&first_record=26

Auto trader is really simple

http://www.edmunds.com/ad...cles/101120/article.html

I would say call BMW and ask them questions, especially if you don't buy the car from them direct.
http://www.bmwblog.com/20...mw-warranty-has-expired/
Happy car shopping

I really really really do not recommend you buy anything with more than 50k miles on it...if you get a luxury car make sure it's under warranty and still get the extended warranty if possible.  I have a 335i which is under repair for over $5k in parts and I'm not paying a thing because it's covered under warranty...parts on those cars are very expensive

Thats some mileage boss.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
   Nicer car = more gadgets/electronics = more expensive repairs... not even mentioning basic maintenance like brakes. You looking for something to run till 200K get a honda straight up. If your stuck on a luxury car then you better at least get some kind of good aftermarket warranty which is a few G's in itself... oh wait most companies wont touch anything with that much mileage. I think that's a sign within itself.

CLS 63 is the illest car to me right now......so many people think its ugly but I'm loving it....

2008-mercedesbenz-cls-63-amg1.jpg

cls-63-amg-coupe.jpg

Thats some mileage boss.
laugh.gif
You figure wrong then. Believe me I understand the draw of driving a luxury vehicle, but once the warranty runs out you will be feeling the pain.
Also think about this, say you buy a 2006 CLS with 80,000 miles. Assuming you drive the average 15,000 miles per year, it'll be another 8 years before you hit 200,000 miles. Obviously image is important to you since you're looking to buy a used, high-mileage luxury car for appearances, are you really going to be pushing a 2006 CLS all the way to 2018? 

If reliability is your #1 objective, then your list should include exactly zero of the cars that you mentioned.

Bottom line, it's your money. Good luck.

I have over 45k that i COULD blow, but i dont want to spend over 25k unless it's an amazing deal. 

throwin away $25g on a car with 80k isn't an amazing deal.  you're buying someone else's repair costs.

so you want a luxry car for a beginner cars price...and 200k miles u want to squeeze out of it? maintence on any luxry car at high milage i assume will kill your wallet. perhaps reconsider...used lexus/acura with a third of the milage for that price

Originally Posted by d 2 the lo

I really really really do not recommend you buy anything with more than 50k miles on it...if you get a luxury car make sure it's under warranty and still get the extended warranty if possible.  I have a 335i which is under repair for over $5k in parts and I'm not paying a thing because it's covered under warranty...parts on those cars are very expensive
+1 parts are OD expensive.. I just bought a '08 335i + ext warrsanty

btw BMW > > > MB

but the CLS is purrrty
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom