SERIOUS DISCUSSION: Whats up with "other" races using the more endearing version of the n-word

First off hand let me make clear of a few things:
1. I am an African-American
2. I was raised in the inner-city where this very loaded word has populated many tongues
3.I am not a racist nor prejudice against other races from my own
4. I am an advocate of freedom of speech and feel that all people should express any thought,idea, or concernthat they are enlightened with that won't offend other people.
5. Many of my ideolgies anf beliefs are built around the harsh realities living in the inner cityy for most of my life and mild influence from hip-hop

Okay, so more and more as I have grown up and observed people in America. I am starting to see this word thrown so loosely. I am only felt uneasywhen I see people who don't appear to me to be of African American descent using the word with such boldness. For example back in highschool, which waspredominately latino this word would touch the tongues of many students black, and latino alike. And when I heard the latino using this word I was offended.The word to me means alot, to be able to say that we have transformed as a race one of the most degrading and evil terms to refer to us and give it a betterlight wheter ignorant or not is a blessing. So when I see other people trampling over that progress it just makes me saddened. Whats your take on this nt.

BeatDeadHorse.gif

lead by example. Don't say the word and ask your friends not to.

Also if you support media that uses the word, you can't really file a real complaint

I dont know man for some reason a lot of people dont have a problem witha latinos using the word.

But yo at my high school out here in the burbs so many of the white kids usa the word. Its ridiculous, even though im not black it just makes me wanna beat the%%* out of them to teach them to keep that out they mouth

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Ehh I cant even front... I dont stress it
Word, doesn't bother me one bit. Say whatever you want to say. I don't think that people are actually offended by it anymore, but theyhave to pretend they are just because that's what we're told you're supposed to do.

Just know that SOME people will slap the wind out of you, not me...but some will.

Smack them and see if they turn the "a" to an "er"... If they do, you were right to be offended.

If not, you were wrong.

It's all your fault. The youth have incorporated this word into their daily vocabulary that it's lost all of it's negative meaning.You dig my%%%*!?

I don't like it either. I always tell ppl who aren't A/A to watch their mouths when they say it. It's funny b/c before it was a word used heavilyby blacks for "endearment" it was considered taboo and what not and nobody wanted to be associated w/ the word. Now since n's is doin good forthemselves, everybody wanna be one and use it. Yall need to listen to that "Kramer" off Wale's mixtape bout nothin
pimp.gif
. But it's theequivalent to tannin. Now a lot of whites wanna be darker skinned so they tan and get the spray on tan. Not too long ago it wasn't coo to be dark....Noteven bein lightskinned was coo (Still aint
grin.gif
) But to the OP, I hate to say it but u aint gon get anywhere w/ this thread b/c there are a lot of ppl whothink it's ok and will voice that through a screen, though they'd never do that in person.

tell "entertainers" to quit saying it in raps. and quit sell it to people who are not "allowed" to recite the lyrics

It honestly doesn't bother me at all.. As long as they're using it in the slang manner. I have a handful of non black friends who use it all the timeand it doesnt bother me 1 bit.

NT should have more topics about this issue. I feel like it's so ignored here on NT, and we can't keep sweeping it under the rug. Thanks OP forbringing this topic to light. You're the first person to present this topic but I hope you won't be the last.

Back
Top Bottom