serious discussion - who will outsell who this year

was just discussing this with my boy.

2010-05-25-em.jpg

we all know the selling power that eminem has.. (encore plat 7 times..eminem show plat 10 times..). ive only heard 4 songs, and they all seem radio worthy. when he gets a bunch of his album on the radio there's pretty much no stopping him.

ThankMeLater.jpg

drake's got a buzz like 50 in early 2000+. although his buzz has faded a bit, it seems he's marketing himself more towards the younger/female fan base, he will probably do sizable numbers.

then there's kanye. the buzz is already flowing about how this may be his greatest album ever. his new single is out and i've heard nothing but praise.
1z1fc54.jpg

personally i think it will end

eminem > kanye > drake

but anything can happen

^^^

Relapse did 600+ first week.

808s did 450K first week and he was getting a lot of backlash for it.

Grad with 950K first week.

Kanye will sell the most first week.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by awwsome

Ye', Drake, Em.

Honestly? In what, ascending order? Relapse sold 600k + first week son. RELAPSE.
Fixed.
Kanye will outsell everyone.

Lets hope Susan Boyle doesnt drop a album 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

drake
kanye
em

i think you did your order based on how good the albums are/will be, not sales ... drakes cd is straight r&b pop, kanye west hasnt put out a real album in years and em just put out an album last year ...

In order

1. Drake - pretty much OWNS the radio right now, music videos get frequent play, plus he's always on tv performing live
2. Kanye - anticipation is heavy, the Taylor Swift thing got people anxious to hear what he has to say. I'm sure he'll have a monster radio hit like he always does
3. Em - gets ZERO radio play in urban markets as far as I've heard (here in the DMV at least), has a loyal fanbase but doesn't really promote himself as much as he used to when MTV appearances = guaranteed platinum. He'll still go platinum off reputation alone but I don't see much chart success for any of the songs on the album, at least not enough to overtake Drake or Kanye

eminem's marshall mathers LP sold 1.76MIL FIRST WEEK

FIRST WEEK.

my order was based on sales, not how good. i have no personal opinion on any of these yet, other than the drake album.

It all really is a matter of fanbase and marketing.

They also all have a different audience and such.

My opinion:

1. Em (Loyal fans and leak has gotten a good response)

2. Kanye (Again, loyal fans. Has a buzz going right now with Power and whole MTV awards scenario, also back to spitting)

3. Drake (1st album, all hype, and his audience is the youngings', they don't buy cd's. They download)

Originally Posted by Adi934LiiFe

It all really is a matter of fanbase and marketing.

They also all have a different audience and such.

My opinion:

1. Em (Loyal fans and leak has gotten a good response)

2. Kanye (Again, loyal fans. Has a buzz going right now with Power and whole MTV awards scenario, also back to spitting)

3. Drake (1st album, all hype, and his audience is the youngings', they don't buy cd's. They download)
it will be interesting to see how the taylor swift's incident will affect him. he had a lot of mainstream fans before for his sales (meaning white kids).

Eminem > Kanye West > Drake - for sales.

Kanye > Eminem > Drake - for quality of the CD.

I don't think Recovery will be as good as Good A__ Job but I do think it will be better then Relapse.
So far none of Drake's new stuff has been as good as most of the track on So Far Gone so I'll just wait and see...

Yall bringin up Em's sells from when people BOUGHT albums ! c'mon.
Kanye will outsell them. Why?
The same people who will buy an ALREADY LEAKED Drake album will buy a Kanye Album.

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Yall bringin up Em's sells from when people BOUGHT albums ! c'mon.
The same people who will buy an ALREADY LEAKED Drake album will buy a Kanye Album.

bring it mainly because it demonstrates a loyal fan base..

In the digital age, most of the people that buy albums are suburban white kids. There was a research some time ago about it.
90% of NT downloads their music. I only buy certain artist music. Kanye's 808's & Cudi Man on the Moon were my last CD purchases.

My prediction is Kanye will still prob sell more than Drake & Em. for the first week it might be Em or Drake though.
I know I am buying the Drake (even though I already have it) and Kanye album. for the record I am not a suburban white kid.

Em reason he sells records is because a lot of white kids look up to him.
Drake still has some hype left over and it's a first album.
Kanye will sell regardless, he never dissapoints with Quality Music (some may argue on the 808s)

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

In order

1. Drake - pretty much OWNS the radio right now, music videos get frequent play, plus he's always on tv performing live
2. Kanye - anticipation is heavy, the Taylor Swift thing got people anxious to hear what he has to say. I'm sure he'll have a monster radio hit like he always does
3. Em - gets ZERO radio play in urban markets as far as I've heard (here in the DMV at least), has a loyal fanbase but doesn't really promote himself as much as he used to when MTV appearances = guaranteed platinum. He'll still go platinum off reputation alone but I don't see much chart success for any of the songs on the album, at least not enough to overtake Drake or Kanye

what u did their has been seen

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Yall bringin up Em's sales from when people BOUGHT albums! c'mon.

Drake is my fav artists, but I HATE Kanye.

drake did just under 500k first week.... not bad especially since his album leaked so long ago. i think eminem will do similar numbers...

RELAPSE did 600+ k.

M#$%^& F#^*ING RELAPSE.

That album didn't even have multiple huge singles.

And it was buns.

I'd expect no less than 650k from Recovery.

Back
Top Bottom