Serious mature discussion: NT at what age should a man move out of his mothers house?

At what age should a male move out the 'rents basement?Should parents kick their kids out at 18 or latest 21...that seems to be the consensus for AmericansThis is done To prevent your peers/society from labeling you a "loser" "momma's boy" "Jody from baby boy" Nobody wants to be in their 20's and 30's and still living with their parents....It's social suicide also because you can't bring a girl to your cribNo one will take you serious if you living with mom, when she can go to the other dude with the profession foreign whip and own crib

When you can afford it.

What's the point of moving out at 18 when you have to go to your parents house to ask for a meal because all your money is going into rent?

^agreed.

If you have the means to move out at 21, damn more power to you.

I just got out of school, barely got a job, and have nooooo money whatsoever.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

When you can afford it.

What's the point of moving out at 18 when you have to go to your parents house to ask for a meal because all your money is going into rent?
This. People have gone overboard with this. Move out when you're comfortable with doing so. You see people who are struggling all around with their finances just so they can say they live on their own its not worth it. Stay at home and save, if a girl really wants to look down on you for being sensible then you don't want her in your life anyways. Move out when you can. Pay off school loans, car, save for you own place whatever. Its a blessing to have parents that will hold you down like that.

I'm not trying to the hear that noise. I'm 24 and I'll probably be home for another year before I move out. I'm trying to position myself with a sufficient financial backing and excellent credit score before I take on the world.

When you can afford it. I moved out around 17-18 just felt it was time to go.

What I don't understand is when your 21+ leaving at home but buying every sneaker that releases and going out every weekend. If you can afford that then you should be on your own. The other thing that kills me is that I have some friend that's are 25+ live at home but have an up to date car but don't help out in there house
30t6p3b.gif

Moving out isn't easy but if your staying home atleast do your part.
My 2 cents

When you can afford it. i moved out at 17 and was good until last july (age 25). I decided to go back to school and I pay out of pocket for tuition and can't afford $3200 a semester plus books and at least $150 a week in gas along with rent and bills. I moved back home and am staying here at least until my pre-reqs for pharmacy school are over. If I get into one of the two schoosl I really want, theyre only 45 minutes to an hour away and will be staying here the 4 years of pharmacy school too.

If you're happy with living on your own but have no food, cable/internet, phone, or money for extras/fun then go ahead and do it. I think i was once told from a leasing agent at one of the places i've lived that you're supposed to make 3 times your rent a month to live comfortably on your own.

Originally Posted by mustbefire

I'm not trying to the hear that noise. I'm 24 and I'll probably be home for another year before I move out. I'm trying to position myself with a sufficient financial backing and excellent credit score before I take on the world.

smart man

NycPosite, I know plenty of kids like that and I totally agree. I couldn't bum off my parents without helping out, that's just grimey. On the other hand, if your parents got it like that then it's a different story.

Originally Posted by mustbefire

NycPosite, I know plenty of kids like that and I totally agree. I couldn't bum off my parents without helping out, that's just grimey. On the other hand, if your parents got it like that then it's a different story.

I feel. Problem with some people is that they get to comfortable. Yea their parents might have it like that but you still have to do your part. Doesn't have to be financially. Im talking about these people don't never seem like they are going to leave
30t6p3b.gif
lol

I'm 18 and don't plan on moving out anytime soon, Some friends and I actually talked about getting an apartment last year, We could've done it, But we talked about it twice and never talked about it again.

Just imagine 4 or 5 17/18 year old living in one apartment, Boy it was going to be crazy. I'm sort of glad we don't do it.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

I'm 18 and don't plan on moving out anytime soon, Some friends and I actually talked about getting an apartment last year, We could've done it, But we talked about it twice and never talked about it again.

Just imagine 4 or 5 17/18 year old living in one apartment, Boy it was going to be crazy. I'm sort of glad we don't do it.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Smart move. I did a intern with my boy right after high school.
30t6p3b.gif
didn't last 4 months living out of state

Originally Posted by JD214

sick.gif
laugh.gif
hip_shake_gay.gif

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by CWrite78

When you can afford it.

This. People have gone overboard with this. Move out when you're comfortable with doing so. You see people who are struggling all around with their finances just so they can say they live on their own its not worth it. Stay at home and save, if a girl really wants to look down on you for being sensible then you don't want her in your life anyways. Move out when you can. Pay off school loans, car, save for you own place whatever. Its a blessing to have parents that will hold you down like that.
This is true, I have a friend who was soooo smart straight A student,  but her parents sucked. 
They moved to another state her senior year and when she graduated said they were going to charge her 400 to stay in her room
grin.gif

She moved out and got a job and lived with a co worker 250/ month. 

She couldnt afford school full time cause out of state fees and she didnt want to take loans.
If she had support Im sure she would be well on her way to be a doctor
frown.gif

I see its an American way to kick your kids out
laugh.gif

Go when you can afford it or when parents kick you out.

Renting isnt good anways, its best to save up to invest in something you will own.

I'm 21 and I've felt like I needed to get the #%%% out starting about a year ago. I feel like +%!@ for still being here. I help out around the house A LOT though and have my own job, so i'm no freeloader. But still, I feel like I need to leave. However I'm no where near in position to move out comfortably
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I ain't about that struggling life

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

Guarantee you guys wouldn't be as close of friends anymore by the 5th month, max.
thats y i cant b roommates with my friends... lol we talked about it but i just thought about how in my freshmen year me n my roommate at that time annoyed each other after a few months..

Plotting the move. However, credit score and savings and priorities have to be on point.

You guys that say 21 at the latest, what do you guys do for a living/expect to be doing for a living at age 21?

Did you guys go to school? Just curious.

Like another poster said; if you have to drop by mom and dad's house to get a meal and laundry done, you have not moved out. If that is the case, you have just spent most of your paycheck on a very expensive dump that serves entirely for sleeping and drinking Natty Ice.

Almost every adult, especially young men want to have their own place but you should move out when it is financially feasible. If rent takes up more than 40% of your paycheck, you will not have enough money left to buy gas, food, utilities, car payments, insurance, health care, Internet access and a phone. You can also forget about having any decent beer, vacations, meals out, a good TV, electronic gadgets and anything else that is fun.

In Southern California, young people are squeezed between a terrible job market and very high housing prices. The only 21 year olds who are truly financially independent and who have their own apartments and do not have to ask mom and dad for any supplemental income are in showbiz, they have very nice trust funds or they are drug dealers (college kids, whose upper middle class parents are paying a grand per month so that they can share a rat-hole near campus with five other dudes, do not count).

If you live in Hokabok, Kentucky, where a 3 bedroom home costs 30k, that is a different story.

You're never to old to be a Momma's boy. Remember that OP! I bet you wouldn't be making this thread if your mom was sick huh... That's what I thought you %&$#*(!#%%*&%+&&*a%$$%*$%#%

I can't imagine my parents forcing me out like many of my white friends' parents have done. It would just feel like they never cared for me.  
As for me, I'll probably move out when I complete graduate school. (around 24)

I moved out when I was 21. Ill be 24 in may. Got a house with 2 of my friends. I'm currently in the process of moving back home. Got laid off from my job so I'm struggling. I get unemployment for the time being and got a under the table part time job. With rent, car, and phone I'm running out like a weeks worth income.
sick.gif
. *%+%, I'm all for moving back home.. at least till my job calls me back.

But like its been said, if you got it like that, by all meeans. GET YOUR OWN PLACE!
Ain't no shame in living at home though, were living in rough times, *%+% happens.

Back
Top Bottom