Serious question about race and skin color

cz7

I've always wondered, scientifically speaking, why black people have a brown skin tone and Caucasian people have tan skin tone. I mean biologicallyspeaking how did different races come about. Surely there is a scientific explanation for race, and despite some of the clowns that will come in and offertheir antics I hope to really gain some insight. Discuss

geography. people adapt to their climates. i thought this was pretty much common sense/common knowledge.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

geography. people adapt to their climates. i thought this was pretty much common sense/common knowledge.

Pretty much.
Human skin color can range from almost black to nearly colorless (appearing pinkish white due to the blood in the skin) in different people. Skin color is determined by the amount and type of melanin, the pigment in the skin. As a general pattern people with ancestors from tropical regions (hence greater sunlight exposure) have darker skin than people with ancestors from subtropical regions, this is far from a hard and fast rule however.[sup][citation needed][/sup][sup][1][/sup][sup][2][/sup]
[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color#cite_note-norton-1[/sup]
/Thread.
smile.gif

Melanin son---melanin. Not to sound rude, but how do people not know this? Education system failing hard...this is basic biology; right????

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

closer to the equator(where its hotter)?

There are people indigenious to areas near the equator at other parts of the world such as South East Asia and they're darker than other asians but whyaren't they black? Why are aborigines which aren't as close to the equator as southeast asians darker than south east asians? I would assume it wouldhave to do climate outside of heat, factors like humidity and others but whether the areas is cold or not it can be dry or wet. So it boggles me also.
Thanks for clearing that up
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by A Stunting GoTRILLa

Melanin son---melanin. Not to sound rude, but how do people not know this? Education system failing hard...this is basic biology; right????

word i learned this in like 7th grade NT need a age limit or somethng

we were all genetically engineered, then taught to live in fear for the rest of our years

Originally Posted by sneakfreek182

Originally Posted by NYfly1

Because Jesus is Black

it's always gotta be this dude to say the stupidest %%+

It always gotta be you to respond to my stupid !*+$
am i getting you mad sir?

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

closer to the equator(where its hotter)?

There are people indigenious to areas near the equator at other parts of the world such as South East Asia and they're darker than other asians but why aren't they black? Why are aborigines which aren't as close to the equator as southeast asians darker than south east asians? I would assume it would have to do climate outside of heat, factors like humidity and others but whether the areas is cold or not it can be dry or wet. So it boggles me also.

Because on two separate continents, evolution obviously took two different courses. There are animals in Australia that evolved differently than those inNorth America and elsewhere, for example.

How come black people are so proficient in rapping? A majority of the elite rappers are black; is it genetic?

enlightenedespot wrote:
There are people indigenious to areas near the equator at other parts of the world such as South East Asia and they're darker than other asians but why aren't they black? Why are aborigines which aren't as close to the equator as southeast asians darker than south east asians? I would assume it would have to do climate outside of heat, factors like humidity and others but whether the areas is cold or not it can be dry or wet. So it boggles me also.

I am pretty sure their ancestors probably migrated from different countries which could explain the abnormalities in their skin tones being that they arefrom two different locations

Because Jesus is Black

not at all but i am quite curious to know what drives you to be the most idiotic person on NT?

There is no biological link between race and skin color. Race is a social construct. But you did say skin color in your title, so I imagine you know that.

Like others mentioned melanin is what determines the dark or lightness of your skin.

to the person who made the SE Asian comment as an example, you will notice that many people in those regions have very similar if not darker skin tones thanother black people.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Even if you get darker from living near the Equator, that darker skin is not going to be included in you DNA and passed on to your kids. If it were allclimate, every black person born in America wouldn't be black anymore, their skin would change depending on where they lived.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Why are aborigines which aren't as close to the equator as southeast asians darker than south east asians?

The Aboriginies(sp) migrated to Australia according to a documentary I watched a few years back on discovery...can't remember where they originatedtho...

Natural mutation to the environment/climate (adaptation), Ya'll should take anthropology, it's very interesting.

NYfly1 wrote:

sneakfreek182 wrote:

NYfly1 wrote:

Because Jesus is Black

not at all but i am quite curious to know what drives you to be the most idiotic person on NT?

And I am curious what makes you think that his original statement was intended to be idiotic?

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

NYfly1 wrote:

sneakfreek182 wrote:

NYfly1 wrote:

Because Jesus is Black

And I am curious what makes you think that his original statement was intended to be idiotic?

Ya'll got weak return punches.
eyes.gif
Deaded. by your inability to makeus laugh.

Back
Top Bottom