Serious Question For my Nt Ball Players

Serious question for those of u that play ball at least a few times a week seriously. It don't matter Collegiate Pro-Am what ever.. Pick up in thehood..etc.. Do you guys rock Compression shorts or any other performance products and if so what?.. Im about to get back on my game and im trying to figure outif its worth my 65 bucks for some shorts

Originally Posted by datruth92803

Serious question for those of u that play ball at least a few times a week seriously. It don't matter Collegiate Pro-Am what ever.. Pick up in the hood..etc.. Do you guys rock Compression shorts or any other performance products and if so what?.. Im about to get back on my game and im trying to figure out if its worth my 65 bucks for some shorts
I own 3 pairs of compression shorts and they're worth it. But 65 bucks? No need for the hexpad joints though. Socks are key too. My feetblister easily so I have to wear sweat wicking socks. Other than that and a pair of Zoom air cushioned Nikes, that's it. No one ever takes the dude thatwears shooting sleeves with a headband a fresh pair of Kobe IVs seriously anyway.

thats real im bout to get back on my game in college trying to walk on so i gotta get it right.. I aint even think about the damn socks... And yeah u was onthe money i was looking at that Mcdavid hexapad joint. If u dont mind me asking who makes the best joints. Im torn between the mcdavid and the Nike Pro's .Sweat Wicking socks like the dry fit joints?. I really appreciate the info tho fam cause most people say silly stuff

i wore the UA ones back in high school and they were definitely worth it but i forget how much they cost. i dont wear any anymore when i play pickup though.and i rock the nba socks most comfy socks i've ever worn. only downside is there 11 bucks a pair.

get the NIke pro joint. They're very comfortable. Also if you're a big guy make sure you get some air zoom Nike or shoes that has a nice cushion

good advice in here already - i'll just cosign with the compression shorts being a plus, socks being key, and get a good pair of cushioned shoes -something that doesn't weigh 4 pounds if you can help it.

I hoop about 2-3 times a week and I don't use compression shorts. Just the basics for me...reading this post however has got me thinking about switching itup though

-need me a pair of compression shorts and some more Adidas socks
pimp.gif

BTW, NEVER tie your sneakers all the way to the top and way to tight, it's easier to tweak an ankle and seriously hurt yourself

^ I don't understand that... wouldn't that make it even easier to hurt yourself with ankle braces?
I'm serious btw

LOL; the teams I've played on *require* ankle braces. unless you wanna spend the 10 mins waiting in line for a tape job everyday. sure, like i was gonna dothat.

Socks: think about it like this. (seriously) How often do you do laundry? How often do you play? You play 20 mins of pick up everyday, your socks won'tnotice it... but start hooping 4 hours plus a few times a week, (or even 2 hours every day) and your laundry is gonna be filled with sweat drenched stinkbombs.

We were pretty lucky to have laundry service hook us up most of the time. The longer you let rank socks sit, the more worthless they are to you next time.There comes a point when you are legitimately considering wearing new socks every time you ball. Pick up some cheap joints and you won't mind just tossingthem. If you go with 'high-tech' socks, or high quality ones, you still have to keep them clean. Anything that got super soaked or sweaty was washedwithin 2 days max. I had a bunch of those Jordan ones from years back. They were cushioned well enough and didn't get too damp. Depending on your shoesthickness, sometimes the smaller/thinner socks feel better.

Here's a suggestion; splurge on like 4 different kinds at different price points and see what works best for you!

I'll say this too;
Underwear. Yeah, okay compression shorts are cool. As with socks, are you gonna wear them more than once without washing them? You serious about balling, youwear clothes that you can play in all the time, from tops, to bottoms, to socks to drawers, you always have to 'be ready'. That means before and afterplaying. I've gotten burned by this before; playing 2 hours of pick up right before class or work and then sitting in swampy underwear for hours. Not fun.(for you or for those around you; be considerate please)

Find underwear that works for you. You don't want to catch yourself in a situation like, "Shoot, I would totally play ball right now, but all of mycompression shorts are at the cleaners."

My buddy Derek once told me he 'standardized' his underwear and socks. (dude is so boring with the wife and kids now, but whatever, this still makessense.) You find what works for you and stock up on it. How you got 3 pairs of your favorite kicks and an underwear drawer that looks like an orphanage?

You'll figure it out.

I bought a pair of compression shorts and a sleeveless top recently. The Power Web Adidas, yea the one Dwight Howard wears but the white one, because I gotthem for 30 a pop at a store around my house. I played my first game in a league game yesterday. It felt weird at first because I noticed them on me like allthe time. I know that I felt more refreshed after the game and didn't seem as tired. I also played longer then I normally do because we didn't havemany subs that day. Regarding whether it helps your performance in terms of jumping or sprinting a little bit faster I'm still indecisive. But I think ifyou can get a pair of shorts and top for under 30 a piece it's worth it.

im not a big fan of them when i play bball but i rocked them when i played football and baseball but during bball there was something both them that just didntfeel comfortable but i got mine at the nike outlet for like $20 if you not trying to pay all that $$$

compression shorts are a plus.

but you gotta double or triple sock . . i usually triple

smokin.gif

& don't ball in nikes they dookie.

wear some adidas pro models.

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Definitely a must! Ive been using compression shorts for the last 10 years. If I can't wear them, I feel like I'm flowing free... I guess some luxuriesbecome necesities the older you get.... But I don't think I could ever spend $65 on some undershorts my dude... But if you got it, spend it!! I believeyou've got lots of cheaper (but durable) choices outhere when it comes to socks and undershorts. Avoid overspending since you can cut cost for thoseaccessories and NOT feel a downside, whereas if you were to do that with shoes, you'd definitely feel the consequences...

I'd hit up your local !++$'s/Sports Authority to check, but prices aren't really low there...check in the baseball isles, the BIKE brand is ok andpretty inexpensive, I've had lots of these. If you have Kohl's department stores in your area, head there since they have the best prices... Reebok's are very good since they are thick and have drawstrings. I haven't tried Champion but I got a pair of Spalding's once at a Walmart and Imust admit, they've been with me the longest... You're gonna want thick ones since that translates into how long the will last you... Obviously,depending on wear, you're going to need to replace them ever so often since it's a fact the stichting will give... I haven't had the need to wearthe padded compression ones like the McDavids. Under Armor's? you're paying to wear their logo... Nike's? They have DRI F.I.T but they are thethinnest, cheapest feeling fabric of all undershorts, so they not my favorites. UNLESS they are Nike biking shorts!!! Biking short have wider elastic bands, atthe waist and thighs. They are a bit more expensive but noticeably thicker, more snug and very durable.

If I could pick, I'd say Nike BIKING shorts, if not Reebok, then Spalding, if not Bike! Stay away from light colors, they get dish-rag dingy right away! Asfar as socks??? Hanes or Fruit of the Loom will last you the longest among your most economic choices. Even the black ones won't fade much. I'd hit anoutlet store if you have one close. Stay away from NBA or "Just for feet" socks unless you just want to pay for the logo. Make sure to double socktho!

Ankle braces like ASO? McDavid??? ASO gets my vote! However, only if you plan on wearing braces forever! In fact, the tendons in your ankle get so dependent onthe brace that they instead become weaker and over-rely on that protection. You can then injury yourself doing the safest of activities. So I'd advicewearing ONLY while recuperating from an injury. After a while, start working out your ankle by doing less demanding activities like running to strenghthenthose ligaments. I personally didn't like the restriction of an ankle brace(of any brand) so I decided to work-out those joints, so I could then stopwearing them.

Hope that helps, sorry for overtyping...

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

smokin.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
listen to this man..pro mods are the truth

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

smokin.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

you guys dont ball in lebrons? try a pair of nike lebron 6's and then holla at me... joints are insanly comfy..

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

smokin.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

you guys dont ball in lebrons? try a pair of nike lebron 6's and then holla at me... joints are insanly comfy..

I wear a 14 I broke out the Black out lebrons last night first he got all that damn Satin in there and them joints is heavy as hell the Lebron 2's and3's work best for me if yall got any other rec's for a solid bball shoe let me know i know there was thread on that but i dont really feel like goingsearching but I play in the BB1 THE penny IV's the Zk1's before the Colorado joint so what ever Kobes thoes was. and some lebrons. Any thing else thatyall can think of let me know... Yeah and as far as doubling up on socks I do that I might as well cop a 14.5 doubling up on them thick socks is tough but Immatry iy im balling in the Am. I will go look for some comfortable joints tho, Thanks for the help yall its def appreciated

three socks?? That's OD, my feet start tingling! Other rec's: kb iv's are nice with a nice lock down feel to your foot (dont let the low cut foolya, but get longer laces), soldier iii's are very light and stable (forget the actual LeBron line, too bulky/heavy) hyperdunks when theyre new (they bottomout so not very durable) as far as retro j's, the old 14 takes the crown! Thats my rotation right now

I haven't hooped in like 8 mths..
smh.gif
But compressions are great. Triple socks are a lil much. Most I did was a pair of long nike dri-fits and some noshows. Had a McDavid ankle brace with the straps. Shoes: Lebron 3s, AJ X's, Huarache 2k4s
pimp.gif
. Finally had to put my Ultraflights to rest
ohwell.gif

grabbed like 4 pairs of nike pros when they were on 40% around christmastime
smokin.gif

i don't really mess with the sleeves but i did get used to balling in a headband.. head be sweatin'. otherwise i'm forever wiping my forehead off.

NBA socks are the best.. no need for double-sock with those.

so what's the benefit of wearing double socks?

and i used to wear compression shorts but the hair around my legs/thighs gets pressed down and starts to itch like hell.

Back
Top Bottom