Serious topic: Why don't we care about the issues in the world more?

I just read the Kim K fake mass thread again and it's ridiculous how much the media and the rest of the world (not NT) cares about her. We got so much wrong in the world, earthquakes and serious radiation issues in Japan, a war in the Middle East, depleting oil resources, and just terrible conditions for many Americans. Yet is all people care about celebrities and that stuff? I can see why people love sports, but then there's people who idolize celebrities and spend all their time following and reading about them when there's so much going down in the world.

The 12 things the media isn't showing us thread might not be 100% credible, but it's an example of how everything isn't going perfectly. But step outside and all people care about are who's dating who, the latest pop single and who hit them up on facebook last night...

Do people not see what's wrong with the world? Or do they not care? Because while you might not know of every problem, there are some major ones that everyone knows about... and they just say forget that and look at petty things?

30t6p3b.gif

I just read the Kim K fake mass thread again and it's ridiculous how much the media and the rest of the world (not NT) cares about her. We got so much wrong in the world, earthquakes and serious radiation issues in Japan, a war in the Middle East, depleting oil resources, and just terrible conditions for many Americans. Yet is all people care about celebrities and that stuff? I can see why people love sports, but then there's people who idolize celebrities and spend all their time following and reading about them when there's so much going down in the world.

The 12 things the media isn't showing us thread might not be 100% credible, but it's an example of how everything isn't going perfectly. But step outside and all people care about are who's dating who, the latest pop single and who hit them up on facebook last night...

Do people not see what's wrong with the world? Or do they not care? Because while you might not know of every problem, there are some major ones that everyone knows about... and they just say forget that and look at petty things?

30t6p3b.gif

people are only worried about what "they" are going through in life. Alot of folks can give two damns about what's going on with their friends or family, let alone the world.

everybody is out for self, it's called a "dog eat dog world" for a reason.

people are only worried about what "they" are going through in life. Alot of folks can give two damns about what's going on with their friends or family, let alone the world.

Caring about real world issues and caring about comparatively frivolous things aren't mutually exclusive though. Many people care and know about both

Caring about real world issues and caring about comparatively frivolous things aren't mutually exclusive though. Many people care and know about both

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

When the white iPhone 4 dropped I had customers getting mad because quantities were constrained 99% of them had no idea whatsoever that there was an earthquake in Japan and that a foxconn factory exploded this is just one small example but I don't think people take the time out to learn or know what is going on

When the white iPhone 4 dropped I had customers getting mad because quantities were constrained 99% of them had no idea whatsoever that there was an earthquake in Japan and that a foxconn factory exploded this is just one small example but I don't think people take the time out to learn or know what is going on

"Worven into the ....american experience is a strong thread of avoidance, an aversion to critical thinking, and an abnormal embrace of anything that appeals to our emotions rather than our reasoning."

Those distractions are needed so we can remain docile drones.

oh.

then do something about it rather then making a thread captain planet
grin.gif

"Worven into the ....american experience is a strong thread of avoidance, an aversion to critical thinking, and an abnormal embrace of anything that appeals to our emotions rather than our reasoning."

Those distractions are needed so we can remain docile drones.

oh.

then do something about it rather then making a thread captain planet
grin.gif

too busy tryin to make money, chase women, do things for men to chase them (women) and fap.

srsly.

plus... i hear that nations outside of America have alot better view on world issues.

people hate america partly cuz all americans think about is america.

general statement... NOT EVERYONE.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

too busy tryin to make money, chase women, do things for men to chase them (women) and fap.

srsly.

plus... i hear that nations outside of America have alot better view on world issues.

people hate america partly cuz all americans think about is america.

general statement... NOT EVERYONE.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

what world? im more concerned about the $10 im about to burn on this iTunes download..
mustfindtorrentsoon. 
nerd.gif

what world? im more concerned about the $10 im about to burn on this iTunes download..
mustfindtorrentsoon. 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom